Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Places to go

Hopefully I'm going to be going to Ireland end of next year (assuming I save money and don't blow it it on a pair of new SLR bodies and 2.8 lenses.) It'll be cold then but the whisky will warm me. Meeting a good friend from uni and another friend of her's there whilst they go all around the world.

But apart from that, I'd love to visit Japan, cruise around the USA, and in a few years do a Contiki round Europe with my mates once we've all finished uni/CIT/apprenticeships
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I'd like to visit England, Australia, Portugal, Brasil, Japan, Greece, South Africa and New Zealand.

I'd like to live in Paris, Nice, London or Munich.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurocar
    there r only a few places in da world i'd like 2 go 2. England, France(especially Bordeaux), Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, Monaco, Brazil and Argentina. But ut of those places i'd love to live in Bordeaux. Any1 know any good real estate in Bordeaux?
    Bordeaux? Strange idea. I visited this town twice so far and I didn't find it very good looking. Where do you live at the moment?

I would like to live in New Hampshire in the mountains. For places to visit, the virgin islands again, california, the rocky mountains, alaska, england, and maybe Hawaii.

I'd like to cruise around the europe, through Sweden and Norway to Danmark, the Benelux countries, France, Spain, Portugal maybe, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, the Baltics and back. Most of the big european cities on the route, a whole summer lasting trip. Naturally it would demand some nice car to drive though.

Then there's NY, LA and Australia, but not necessarily with a car.

Nurburgring, Laguna Seca, Donington Park, ...

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    I really really want to visit Dubai. My friend went there on vacation and he said it was the most incredible place he's ever seen. Everything is so clean, new, and state of the art. They have, or are in the process of building an entire island in the shape of a palm tree (Palm Island). While we were in Germany we tried so hard just to even get an appointment to see the Maybach in its first year. He goes to a hotel in Dubai where they use nothing but Phantoms and 62's to drive people around. I've never been more jealous.

Here's some images for you guys to drool over. The Burj Al Arab Hotel, and some random extremely fancy restaurant.
    Thats not some fancy restaurtant, its the Burj Al arab's hotel...my guess is its called the al aquarium
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Thats not some fancy restaurtant, its the Burj Al arab's hotel...my guess is its called the al aquarium
    I wonder if you get to pick your meal out of the tank

I would like to visit Ireland, England, Rome, Go Elk hunting in Colorado or Alaska, and Germany.

If I had to choose a place to live it would be someplace in Tennessee or Kentucky. I've been to Florida and its too crappy down there with all the old folks and the storms, and don't get my started on Georgia. Tennessee or Kentucky seem perfect.

London, Tokyo, Osaka, the Middle East, Hong Kong (again), Guanzhou, the part of Germany that has the Nurburgring, Paris, La Sarthe, Kuala Lumpur, Australia, Prague, Rome,Beijing, and Milan, but I would only go to those places if i had a good car.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Why do you all want to visit Britain? Its crap here.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    I would bring several empty suitcases, and while I'm visiting I'd buy all euro parts for my car. When the suitcases are full, I'd go home.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    I wonder if you get to pick your meal out of the tank
    That would be awesome! "Yes, I'll have that pudgy little red drum hiding behind the coral please."
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    I would bring several empty suitcases, and while I'm visiting I'd buy all euro parts for my car. When the suitcases are full, I'd go home.
    I've thought about doing that. But instead of Britain, it'd be a trip to Wolfsburg and I'd come home with lots of Euro bumpers, hatches with no spoiler or defroster, and interior pieces. Oh, the money I could make...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I'd like to visit a heck of a lot of places. The next places I'll be visiting will probably be India, Nepal, and many of the countries I didn't have time for when I was in SE Asia earlier this year. Probably Chile and Argentina after that.

I guess over-the-top cities like Monaco and Dubai are cool, but they're not really my scene. But evidently that's just me

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Let's see...I'd like to stay in Los Angeles for a while and see what it's REALLY like, San Diego/La Jolla, Santa Fe, New Orleans, Seattle, Portugal, Florida, Phoenix, Salt Lake City (for the skiing!), San Antonio, Houston, Washington State, Washington DC, Monaco, Dubai, Argentina, Mexico, Canada, and Albuquerque.

Keep in mind, these are places I haven't been to (except for LA). There's many more places I have been to that I'd love to visit again, such as Chicago, NYC, Austria, Venice, etc...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    to laugh meanly at your accents. No, i want to visit it because it provides all the excitement of being in Europe but I could speak the language there instead of looking like a dumb american.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information