Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else here thinks the new Mini has been wussified?

Anyone else here thinks the new Mini has been wussified?

I haven't seen too much on the new Mini release on the net yet, might have missed it not sure.

I did however see an article in a local paper showing an undisguised pic of the new Mini, as well as some technical specs.

I have to say the new one looks a bit thin, as in under-nourished. The current one looks squat, compact and ready for action.

The grille itself also doesn't live up to expectation. As expected, it is now one-piece, but it's just too thin, it looks like an afterthought with it's wide, thin appearance, and the bumper layout leaves a bit to be desired... The headlights look weird as well.

Then there's the engines. The naturally-aspirated variants sounds like they should be pleasant units, but the boosted version of the 1.6 (Cooper S) will deliver how much? 126kW? Wow gee, that's just amazing! (<- Yes, I'm being sarcastic)

It's not bad, but it's not jaw-droppingly impressive either. I don't know the figures of the current Cooper S, but I'm pretty sure it's almost the same, if not more. Now I know the new unit will probably be more driveable and have more hutzpah higher up the revs (Turbo to replace Super), but come on! I was expecting JCW figures for the new S and even higher outputs for a follow-up JCW!

I'm hoping the actual payloud will impress more than the on-paper statistics, and there's the slim chance of the car appearing much better in real life than in pics. So far though, not a good start in my books for the new Mini.
    Last edited by Kooper; 08-23-2006 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper

but come on! I was expecting JCW figures for the new S and even higher outputs for a follow-up JCW!

its supposed to be lighter after all, so the power will be of more use, just b/c your hoping for something doesnt mean you should feel let down, esp. when your hoping for that. its a mini cooper afterall.
    You can call me scott.

the new one looks fugly
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport
    the new one looks fugly
    How old are you? You do know it's illegal to post if you are under 13 years of age.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    How old are you? You do know it's illegal to post if you are under 13 years of age.
    was that about the word fugly or what he said? cos he is right you know

All of the new mini's are wussified!

I mean they have sound-deadening and adjustable seats! I mean how luxury is that! :P

I heard he is 13 1/4
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Gtek-i has committed over one thousand criminal offences That deserves a jail term...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I heard he is 13 1/4
    oh crap you found me out
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Gtek-i has committed over one thousand criminal offences That deserves a jail term...
    yeah dont just pick on me for being ......13 1/4
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport
    yeah dont just pick on me for being ......13 1/4
    Don't worry your over 13 no handcuffs for you...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

yay..

Maybe I should be more specific.

Here's two pics, one of the current Mini (could only find a pic of the cab) and one of the new Mini.

Notice how the new one's grille looks way too thin in comparison to the headlights? And those indicators in the headlights... It looks like those things that accumulates in the corners of your eyes when you slept for a really long time...
    Speaking of the headlights, instead of both units facing more-or-less to the front, viewed from the side the headlights looks like that of an antelope or small buck - viewing the planes in fear of the predators that're stalking -.

And I only see it now, the grille still isn't single-piece! And why did they make the rear-view-mirrors that much bigger?

That chrome around the lower air-intake also puts me off. It seems to distract from the sporty side of things.

And I can't quite put my finger on it, but the current Mini just seems to wear it's rubber that much better. More purposeful.
    On the new one it looks like a set of biscuits, don't ask me why cause I won't be able to explain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yummy Biscuits.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Just a question, can he actually get in any trouble?

Also nice post count.

He's gotten in trouble with me. But I recommend giving him a break, he needs to work on his manners a bit, but I think he can make it.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Thread Information