Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more signs of life on mars

more signs of life on mars

whether this is just scientists wanting to believe something or whether this is the real deal...i still find it profoundly interesting. I would love for there to be some form of life on mars for some reason, i think it would be incredible....

then i would want us to set up some colonies, but then a really bad guy runs the colonies, and i used to be an agent for the bad guy, but then i get my brain washed and im living a normal life back on earth with a hot blonde wife, but then i take a mental vacation and my old memories wake up and i go on a rampage and get back to mars and overthrow the bad guy and then find alien technology that turns the ice on mars into oxygen right before all my mutant friends (one of whom has 3 boobs) suffocate....yeah life on mars would be pretty cool

but seriously...Martian methane belch: From rocks or microbes? - Yahoo! News
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Awesome. 3 Boobs!
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

haha after reviewing my post i feel like i must be crazy, but im not, im just excited because i just got my first semester grades back and I dominated.

but on the topic at hand, imagine if there was actually life on mars...actual life on another planet. its hard to wrap the mind around (even though we all know the chances of earth being the only planet with life on it are about 0) its still some amazing stuff. i wonder what various churches will have to say?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

What movie do you describe? It sounds to me like life on Mars may have once happened when it was younger and there were rivers etc but as for life existing now maybe but it is hidden and I don't think it's a huge deal as many make it out to be. We also seem to be fixated on Mars when there may even be better chances in our solar system like the potential oceans under Io I believe?

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    i wonder what various churches will have to say?
    Science is the devil?

Nah I kid. I dunno if the churches would have trouble with other life on other planets or moons really but I'm not up to spec on my Bible readings. I was gonna say I'd prefer more direct violations of The Bible to exist in reality bu then I remembered that "the flood" was supposed to happen by some Bible scholars at about the same time as ancient Sumer or Babylonia and this amused me highly. Also evolution. Off topic, I saw Ben Stein's movie with a friend in evolutionary biology (I got it for her as a gag gift) and she was beyond humour and actually just pissed off at how stupid it was. I also read a great "review" by Ebert and he savaged it and Mr. Stein.

I highly recommend it to everyone for a laugh, or for the ID inclined, for some "fresh facts".

haha the movie=EDIT: on second thought...lets see if anyone can figure it out. i laid out the entire plot. if you saw it before, dont answer, lets see if anyone can get it

i think there was almost certainly life on mars. if there is any now, its probably very basic microorganisms.

Io is one of jupiters moons correct? with methane oceans or were they h20? my main wonder about a moon of jupiter is that they are so far from the sun
    Last edited by roosterjuicer; 01-16-2009 at 10:47 AM.

haha the movie=EDIT: on second thought...lets see if anyone can figure it out. i laid out the entire plot. if you saw it before, dont answer, lets see if anyone can get it

i think there was almost certainly life on mars. if there is any now, its probably very basic microorganisms.

Io is one of jupiters moons correct? with methane oceans or were they h20? my main wonder about a moon of jupiter is that they are so far from the sun
    I wonder that too but Io may have volcanoes underwater that are heat up the oceans under the icy surface. I think it is a moon of Jupiter yes but you could Wiki it. I think it is water though.

I want to see a submersible thingy sent to Io to drill and swim around but that'd probably cost a crapload and be very very complicated having to drill through the ice and look for life and volcanoes and all that noise.

yeah that would be sweet though. might happen in our lifetimes, but probably unlikely. however, i think mars is much more reasonable.

maybe if we can get in another space race we could get more motivated to waste some money on fun stuff like discovering life on mars or Io

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Io is a moon of Jupiter and is pretty much the most volcanically active body in the Solar System. It appears yellow from space due to high sulfur content of the surface materials.

The moon you're thinking of that has an ice crust covering a possible liquid water ocean and is most likely to support life is Europa, which is also a moon of Jupiter. Hooray for astronomy!

Oh, and roosterjuicer, I had no idea you were the governor of California.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Yes, I think space money could be better spent elsewhere but I'm not in charge and love science (used to love space, still do I guess) so it's cool to see the results of exploration.

I think Mr. Bush said return to the Moon by 2020 and then probably on to Mars. With Personned (see not gender specific) craft that is. NASA is working on the next generation of rockets which sadly will not be as big or cool looking as the Saturn V. Uh, they target Mars for 2037 which sucks as I am gonna be old then.

It's good we're (I use we in this case as humanity) getting rid of the shuttles as the whole reuse thing may be more cost effective but is probably prone to more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
    Oh, and roosterjuicer, I had no idea you were the governor of California.
    well, you learn something every day haha

Yes, I was reading about this on various news papers last night. But really, microbes on mars would be insignificant at this point aside from pure science. The whole colonization thing couldn't really happen as effectively. What would be great would be a base on the moon, out of earths gravity well, thereby making it so much easier to go other places. Europa could be cool, since water gives us oxygen and a power source, so you don't really need the sun.

And I dreamed about that girl with the 3 breasts for like a week after I saw that movie.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

lets see if anyone can figure it out. i laid out the entire plot. if you saw it before, dont answer, lets see if anyone can get it
    Can I just check ?
    You want people to read the plot of a movie they have NOT seen and then say which movie it is ? How are they supposed to know what the movie is like if you're not letting them see it.

Win on the "most appropraite sig of the month" award

well clearly some people have seen the movie and are dropping hints. then after a while either someone will just say it or i will. dont complaint to me just because you haven't seen the movie that won the "greatest movie of all time" award for that particular year.

note I did not use the word "I".
    I know the movie but that's because I disobeyed the first rule of your challenge and had watched it.

Refer to you sig

Thread Information