Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Friend Leaving for University.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i actually have friends on this website. so technically i am making more friends.

edit: this only works if you're not a provocative, self-indulgent dick.

what???
    I didn't know that

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost
    what???
    I didn't know that
    yes, it takes practice for most of us, i know.

technically, i met my current GF through this website lol
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    yes, it takes practice for most of us, i know.

technically, i met my current GF through this website lol
    what??
    Care to tell us the secret??
    It's white ballz isn't it??

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost
    what??
    Care to tell us the secret??
    It's white ballz isn't it??
    yes. yes it is.
    haha lol no really it's cyco.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

one of my best mates is going to uni this year and i aint crying about it...Grow up kid...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

I'm going off to University (Rutgers) this coming Saturday.

6speed, if you actually did move around a lot like you say, you would know how to deal with problems like this. You are way too emotional.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

I've moved every 3 years my whole short life. and not just houses. States and even countries have been hopped in single bounds.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

It's funny that some of you are being complete assholes towards him and saying he needs to grow up, when it's incredibly obvious that it's the rest of you who need to grow up (and grow a set). There's nothing better than having a friend who you care about that much. There's nothing wrong with expressing that. It shows 6speed to be incredibly more mature than the majority here. **** 'em all, 6speed - they matter not.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

The issue I have with him is that a joke made earlier in the thread wasn't taken as such.

Kudos to him for finding a true friend but A) is this the place to share such thoughts and B) what did he expect? he's been nothing but painful and he expects sympathy or something?

Seriously.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    A) is this the place to share such thoughts and B) what did he expect? he's been nothing but painful and he expects sympathy or something?

Seriously.
    Seriously. Why wouldn't this be the place to share such thoughts? Was there a sign I missed that said "Check your heart at the door"? Stop acting like a bunch of macho pricks who think you're tough and hard for not showing any feelings. Instead, you're just a bunch of cowardly pricks.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Seriously. Why wouldn't this be the place to share such thoughts? Was there a sign I missed that said "Check your heart at the door"? Stop acting like a bunch of macho pricks who think you're tough and hard for not showing any feelings. Instead, you're just a bunch of cowardly pricks.
    Wow Matt. Thank you for being the only one to understand. I'm really happy that you can see where I'm coming from.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Well i have 4 of the best mates ever always been there for me and i hope they will always be there for me, one of them is going to uni, but i am not that emtional about the whole issue on the contary his uni city, london, is another place for us mates to hang around in...
    Maybe we where harsh on you 6Speed but mate you have to get over these things and sharing these sorts of things on the 'net isnt exactly the best place to do it IMO especially these days...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    Wow Matt. Thank you for being the only one to understand. I'm really happy that you can see where I'm coming from.
    I know how you feel. I don't see what the big deal is about saying all this online, don't worry about everyone who's making fun of you. I'd say give him either something he will find useful in college or just something he'll have fun with. Maybe a video game if he plays games or something like that. When he is gone though you should hang out with other friends more and get closer to them so you won't feel as depressed. There's nothing wrong with feeling sad about him leaving, just try not to let it be the only thing you think about. Think about things you enjoy or do the things you enjoy more, or if it helps think about the friends he'll be making there and how much fun he'll be having. Nothing wrong with being emotional, just don't let it send you into a period of depression.

This is a tough deal, indeed, since I've experienced it quite a lot. If you're still in high school, use this as experience.

When you get out, you'll soon learn a lot of close friends will be going to different parts of the world in search of their careers and dreams.

But don't take it as a huge loss. Give him a phone number, keep in contact, tell each other what's happening in your parts of the world. You should gain a lot of knowledge out of this deal if you keep your chin up.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information