Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Improved Production Racing in Australia

chook's my heads up it's my bank account that's gunna cop a bashing come hell or high water i'll be back it just may not be for the first race next year as for you'r coment's whiteballz at 17 you've got a lot to learn about women as for my wife i told her that the last meeting ie last sunday was on our 12th wedding aniversary she told me to go not many wives will give you that sort of freedom and as i said in a prevuos post i couldn't do it without her it's just a shame she forgets to check the oil
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

(what does it mean when the oil light comes on ):

It means refill it with thicker oil (60 sae) Remember the Cortina? Went from Proserpine to Townsville with occasionsl oil pressure!
    To finish first, first you have to finish. Frank Gardener

A race is won on the last lap, not the first. Same Bloke

yes i know but i think it spun a bearing

Quote Originally Posted by ballast
    yes i know but i think it spun a bearing
    No mate I ran her for another 6 months like that. The bearings rattled a bit, and she left a smokescreen that a Daring class Destroyer would have been proud of, but it didn't quit!
    To finish first, first you have to finish. Frank Gardener

A race is won on the last lap, not the first. Same Bloke

i know that but remember what hour's she work's i'm not having her standed in the city at 1am to many nutter's around i'll fix it but first i've got to get it apart

Well said there^^, my wifey although see does things that annoy me, wouldnt trade her in for quids. I travel a lot with work and she keeps the house running like clockwork, shes actually the very independent.
    My wife and I always joke that if I die early, it would merely be a bump on the radar, and life would resume as normal, as Ive hardly been home in the last 2 years with work committments

Shes lets me have my race weekends, travelling for race meets etc. Shes has her interests and we obviously share common interests.

Marriage is definetley a lottery, luckily I got 6 numbers.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

damn right there charged as for everthing else it all pail's against a good marage having said that CHECK THE BLOODY OIL

New Build IP Nissan Silvia S13

Things have gone a little bit off-topic here, so I thought I'd better get it back on track With the season over, and everyone soon to be tucking to Christmas Fare, watching the cricket and the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race, I wanted to show a couple of mates (yep I've got a couple..) cars that are in the build process.
    The first is Bretts Nissan Silvia S13. This car is unusual in that it is an atmo 2-litre car, most Silvia owners would be turbo people, but Brett is thinking a bit outside the square. The car is built to Late Model IP specs, that's post-Jan 1986 original construction date for the car. This allows some freedoms, such as lower profile tyres (pre-86 cars must run 60 series profile). The spec is as follows:
    1992 Nissan Silvia; SR20 2l twincam 16v naturally aspirated. Motec M4 Engine management,head has been ported, larger valves, solid lifters and larger camshafts. Bottom end ARP rod bolts, rods lightened and balanced.
    48mm quad throttle bodies, 24mm radiator (standard is 12mm), stainless-steel Cusco headers. Brakes are GTR 4-spot fronts, GTR 2-spot rears, with twin Willwood master cylinders and pedal box. Wheels are 16 x 7inch with 195/50/16 Yokohama AO48R tyres, sway (anti-roll) bars are 27mm and 18mm front and rear fabricated by Brett himself (he's pretty handy like that), an 8-point roll-cage and carbon fibre seat complete the interior. Hopefully we'll see it out on the track next year.
    Last edited by blackhonda; 12-01-2006 at 02:49 PM.
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

Motorsport; the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The scream of Vtec

And now for the pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

Motorsport; the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The scream of Vtec

Ballast ,might know someone that could help you with the laser. One MR H-TEC.

yeah talked to 'h' know what's wrong think i've got it fixed now all i've gotta do is fix mark's thing then i can get to work on the drift honda
    you gunna be good to go next year with the big block nissan,cause i'm runing out of over 2lt car's to run into

That silvia looks the goods, the sr20's are a sweet engine and the specs definetley look pretty stout. Its good seeing late model stuff coming out to play in IPRA.

We had the drive day at Mallala yesterday and had a few laps in the nephews ke30 corolla. All I can say is the bug has bitten and the Sharperto racing team is on the hunt for a decent logged KE coupe for the older uncle (me). I couldnt believe the grunt those things have in 4th and 5th gear ,the cornering speed is amazing and the throttle control shown by the nephew was incredible, he had the car sideways from the northern hairpin all the way through pacific and I kept thinking we are about to fly off the track but we didnt. I knew we were going fast when we lapped an HSV R8 road car in 3 laps. I couldnt believe how busy the nephew was and how quick the corners come up. He gave me a new insight at race pace. Everyone who stepped out of the cars were blown away at the performance of these cars. Will post some pics of the drive day when the nephew gives them to me.

hers a few pics of the car in this thread
    Robs car

My car will be and unders car as Im too old and poor for the turbo option. Hoping to get a decent shell thats 3j logged and get it ready as time permits.
    Will probably run a 3sge atmo 2 litre, supra w58 box, rx7 diff and brakes

hey charged why go for an old stroller go modern,go high tech, go late model
    buy a front drive jap car like oh i dunno maybe a honda or a front drive corrolla with a 20 valve 1600 or sr20 pulsar anything but an other early model car i mean the car will be nearly as old as me

It has to be a rolla, thats our teams theme,and I have a soft spot for early rollas. It could be worse I could be building a Magna
    Also if we are all running at the same event we can carry spares that fit all the cars. Would love a late model car but the funds are pretty tight until the shack( moneypit) up the river is finished. We have enough spares to slot a 3s into the car when I find one and the 3s conversion into a rolla is pretty straight forward. Hopefully being NA it would be the gearbox munching, tyre killing thing like the turbo's and the maintanence costs will be managable

If money was no object, I would build and IS200 Lexus with a beams 3sge,6 speed, big brakes, tyres, would be an absolute weapon and would look horn as an IPRA car

Last edited by charged; 12-03-2006 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhonda
    And now for the pictures.
    That sr looks sweet as, what sort of weight will the Silvy be approx when its all finished.

Thread Information