Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Improved Production Racing in Australia

was a good day..i'll upload my pics during the week sometime..got a few good ones of Ballast hammering it down the straight.
    plus a few of those crazy gemini drivers
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    was a good day..i'll upload my pics during the week sometime..got a few good ones of Ballast hammering it down the straight.
    plus a few of those crazy gemini drivers
    Mate I am glad you enjoyed it , as I said before, and charged has said as well, there is nothing better than club level motorsport. Look forward to seeing your pics later on, I have a heap of the sports cars as well, the Ferrari 360GT, plus the Porsches, Cobra and the gaggle of MX-5s...but that's for another day. See ya out there again sometime
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

Motorsport; the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The scream of Vtec

probably on the 28th, and the 11th as well
    a shame the cobra went off the track he was wiping the floor with that 360..
    edit: mark when is the next race meet like the one today at QR?
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 11-05-2006 at 04:15 AM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thats bad luck Ballast, hopefully you will get out of the repairs relatively cheaply, I guess the only bonus is it can get fixed over summer at your leisure or like we do a week before the next meet.

Completely off topic

Didnt get out to Mallala as I had commitments up at the river. Had a productive weekend though, took our old van to the dump, finished the exhausts on the skiboat, changed the bush on the rudder, changed the oil filter, oil etc, greased the log gland, shes now already for summer. Hopefully the concreter is there this week to pour the slab and the pads for the steel work and the building of the new shack can start. I thought we would have had it built by this Christmas but Im a building virgin and cant believe the crap you have to go through to get things approved, especially dealing with regional/rural councils.

Cant remember the last time Ive seen rain, its been bone dry in SA and have had our driest winter/spring since records have been kept.

heres some pics of the new exhausts, V8 POWA, old van, neighbours new skicraft boat, a photo of the river from our block and the place we hope to have built by next year hopefully.

Watersports season has started
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

I HATE MAZDA'S :
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

End of the Road

If you park in an inappropriate place, you tend to take on ballast!

Going, going, gone!

willowbank 5-11-06. This method of reverse parking is not approved for supermarket car parks.

probably on the 28th, and the 11th as well
    a shame the cobra went off the track he was wiping the floor with that 360..
    edit: mark when is the next race meet like the one today at QR?
    Sam that's it for QR for state championship rounds this year, the next one is on November 25/26 at Morgan Park. The next round at QR won't be until probably March next year, probably round 2 of the State Championships. However, there may be a AASA Top Gear meeting before the end of the year, the QR website will tell you best, they are similar to the CAMS meetings, but the car groups tend to be more mixed i.e. all different sort of sedan cars mixed together, sports cars mixed together and then open-wheelers on their own as well, but good value for money. Have just realised I am on leave after 22Nov so will come out to the sprint and have a look...impress me
    charged, g'day John, wondered where you had got to on the weekend, domestic bliss obviously! ballast is looking at whether or not to compete at Round 6 at MP, the u1600cc championship is now well and truly out of reach, so he may or may not compete depending on workload although tyke, is keen for him to have a go. The car probably looks worse than it is, being a modern car , it crumples pretty easily, they just don't build them like they used to. If he doesn't go to MP, then it's pull the car down and get it ready for next year, in Qld we run to the end of Nov, then start up in late Feb, so it means you have to get cracking on stuff as businesses close for Xmas/New Year etc , anyway he'll have a think about it and calm down after having hit the rev-limiter over his small incident. Btw, the spread looks most impressive, mate if you are anything like me, if you lay the slab it'll bucket down, guaranteed b
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

The scream of Vtec

Quote Originally Posted by blackhonda
    Sam that's it for QR for state championship rounds this year, the next one is on November 25/26 at Morgan Park. The next round at QR won't be until probably March next year, probably round 2 of the State Championships. However, there may be a AASA Top Gear meeting before the end of the year, the QR website will tell you best, they are similar to the CAMS meetings, but the car groups tend to be more mixed i.e. all different sort of sedan cars mixed together, sports cars mixed together and then open-wheelers on their own as well, but good value for money. Have just realised I am on leave after 22Nov so will come out to the sprint and have a look...impress me
    cheers, i'll have a snoop around the QR website, hopefully exams are over by the the 25th, might make an effort to get out there and see morgan park.
    unfortunately for the sprints i don't have a car to do it in might get dad to have a go

unfortunately for the sprints i don't have a car to do it in might get dad to have a go
    Mate, take any car that is road registered, if your Honda is rego's drive it out there, if you need help or advice drop me or Kev (ballast) a line...it's not about who's fastest, it's about having fun and putting a toe in the water. But you had better get your skates on.. As to taking the GT3, go on, give your Dad a weekend to remember, think of it like this, motorsport is the most fun you can have with your clothes on

The scream of Vtec

i'm not on the rev limiter i just missed a gear
    the guru of all thing's automotive is coming around to fix the radiator suport panel it's torn that's the biggest problem as for the rest just add money
    so it's flat out for the 10 day's

Quote Originally Posted by blackhonda
    Mate, take any car that is road registered, if your Honda is rego's drive it out there, if you need help or advice drop me or Kev (ballast) a line...it's not about who's fastest, it's about having fun and putting a toe in the water. But you had better get your skates on.. As to taking the GT3, go on, give your Dad a weekend to remember, think of it like this, motorsport is the most fun you can have with your clothes on
    nah i'll wait til the mini is driveable, can't hurt to spectate and learn some more things and besides the honda has to get me to work after
    ballast i have a few good pics and maybe a video of you from sunday i'll try and upload them soonish

clutch what sort of honda ya got if you drive with you're brain you wont hurt it ie drive within the limits of the car and you'reself and you'll be fine
    as they say"the guy runing around last is having more fun than the guy standing on the fence saying i wish i was doing that "any help and or tip set up info don't hesitate to sing out
    oh btw will you were there i was not hammering down the strait because the little t#$d would not rev cleanly it cost me about 15 to20 kph
    copy's of the in car dvd now available

i have a honda DA9 integra LS brakes and tires are pretty piss poor right now with the mini i have a clean slate should be a good car to learn in.

my roar car is a DA9 brake's aren't hard to fix as for tyres providing there not bald as a badgers but we can make it work an it likly to be more forgiving to drive than the mini

Thread Information