• PC

58 72.50%
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PC vs MAC

PC vs MAC

that simple, which do you prefer?

MAC or PC
    pondering things

ha MAC doesnt stand a chance I HATE THEM !!!!!

PC for me as if you couldnt tell
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    ha MAC doesnt stand a chance I HATE THEM !!!!!

PC for me as if you couldnt tell
    You may be wrong. People who use MAC's swear by them and if you are a chopper or a photoshop person or like making movies, then you might want to look at MACs. They have some of the best and easy to use software for that sort of thing.

I say PC because I have never owned a MAC but if I become a photographer, then I may get one.

I like PAC.

I don't kow about mac's really. so I will go with pc
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

pc's are the obvious choice for home use, easy and simple, practical to use. IMACs are better for design purposes, thats the end of it.

I'd have liked a mac, but there are some various bits of software that I wanted that are PC only.

And a PC was significantly cheaper.

Macs would be more popular if more companies were building them.
    Thanks for all the fish

Pc is betetr for home use, gaming, etc, while mac is better for professional uses.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I like PC's. I don't think a mac can match the overall power of a PC. A mac does have limitations.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Mac, security wise, you can't go wrong. There are some software thats not made for them, but get over it, I have with no problem. The G5's have almost unbeatable performance(xbox 2 is rumored to be powered by the G5 processor). I'm not totally baised, I use a pc laptop everyday for going around the house on the internet, while my mac is in my room. There are some things on mac that are simpler and some things on pc that are simpler, its just what the person is used to in everyday use.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

MACs are MUCH better than PCs. MUCH...faster, more reliable, better quality.
    PCs are for the usual people that know crap about computers.
    Even though all my computers are PCs, I do like MACs more and I wish all my computers would be MACs but high prices and expensive programs for MAC are a drawback.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    MACs are MUCH better than PCs. MUCH...faster, more reliable, better quality.
    PCs are for the usual people that know crap about computers.
    Even though all my computers are PCs, I do like MACs more and I wish all my computers would be MACs but high prices and expensive programs for MAC are a drawback.
    AS is lack of hardware support.
    Lack of over-clocking.
    Lack of alternative suppliers with advanced features.
    Lack of software. Yes, the ONE program for doing task X will be good, but lack of choice measn you can't find the BEST for each individual.
    Lack of support for 'new' connectivity.

BUT, you gotta hand it to them , WHEN Apple bring a new machien it is ALWYAS the fastes/latest technology. The only real problem they hae is 6 months later it's surpassed and Apple take too long to bring otu a new model The latest gen G5 is a SCREAMER for high memory applications ( 8Gb RAM at 1.25G access - but still only 400MHz ram !! ) BUT so-so on ordinary office applicatiosn, browsing etc.

I'd take a MAC for posing and a PC for tweaking
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    AS is lack of hardware support.
    Lack of over-clocking.
    Lack of alternative suppliers with advanced features.
    Lack of software. Yes, the ONE program for doing task X will be good, but lack of choice measn you can't find the BEST for each individual.
    Lack of support for 'new' connectivity.

BUT, you gotta hand it to them , WHEN Apple bring a new machien it is ALWYAS the fastes/latest technology. The only real problem they hae is 6 months later it's surpassed and Apple take too long to bring otu a new model The latest gen G5 is a SCREAMER for high memory applications ( 8Gb RAM at 1.25G access - but still only 400MHz ram !! ) BUT so-so on ordinary office applicatiosn, browsing etc.

I'd take a MAC for posing and a PC for tweaking
    Yes, there are software. Go to www.apple.com and check the software. They have tons but just really expensive...but there's always underground where stuff can be found for free (not supporting it though). Who needs overclocking with the power that MACs come with. I mean come on, Mac's 1 g is more powerful than any Intel out there.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

i am on a mac right now. there are two main reasons i lean towards mac 1. virtually no spy-ware/virus' 2. the one i am on right now is a G3, it was built in 1999, that makes it like five years old, it out performs my 2004 dell, which is full of spyware and virus
    pondering things

Thread Information