Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a dumbass!

What a dumbass!

Oh man... this has got to be one of the most useless, hideous, and idiotic things I've ever seen someone do to their car... So simple, yet so stupid.

I don't think zap-straps qualify as a decent substitute for real braided brake lines ...

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=803311
    Attached Images Attached Images

maybe it was just done for decoration purposes, a technical flavour of ricing??

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    maybe it was just done for decoration purposes, a technical flavour of ricing??
    If that's the case, I suppose it's a matter of taste. But for that matter, I think the case here is that this guy has bad taste. :P

i dont know which is worse, braiding your lines with cable ties or claiming stickers add horsepower
    I am the Stig

maybe the dude's poor.....

each strap adds 1 horsepower!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    each strap adds 1 horsepower!
    no no no, it means that the brakes won't stop the car as much so it will always go faster
    but on a serious side, it might be one of those "cheap tricks" that is inexpensive but works, i don't know anyhting about brakes though so don't call me stupid
    Last edited by Batmobile_Turbo; 03-31-2004 at 10:10 PM.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    no no no, it means that the brakes won't stop the car as much so it will always go faster
    but on a serious side, it might be one of those "cheap tricks" that is inexpensive but works, i don't know anyhting about brakes though so don't call me stupid
    Trust me on this one, it won't affect anything. Plastic zap-straps have a load breaking stregth of so little that if they actually applied a tightening force to the cable itself, they would snap under high pressure. I doubt if you could actually put them on tight enough to get that result, though. (Which by definition means that they aren't affecting anything! )

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Trust me on this one, it won't affect anything. Plastic zap-straps have a load breaking stregth of so little that if they actually applied a tightening force to the cable itself, they would snap under high pressure. I doubt if you could actually put them on tight enough to get that result, though. (Which by definition means that they aren't affecting anything! )
    You might be totally right here, but I can't help thinking that the combined strength of a vast number of these things might have some effect. It's a bit like the good old trick of using panties as a temporary replacement for a broken fan belt.

as my knowlage of braking systems is non existant i don't really count when i say this but just looking at it, it looks like a load of bs. something to make ppl say wtf? and im saying WTF

He should spray paint them black. Cool! I bet he has 19" wheels with 6" brake drums behind.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    a bit like the good old trick of using panties as a temporary replacement for a broken fan belt.
    I would have been more comfortable with this if as a man, you had said jocks or boxers rather than panties. If you meant panties PLEASE post NO pictures.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    I would have been more comfortable with this if as a man, you had said jocks or boxers rather than panties. If you meant panties PLEASE post NO pictures.
    I always carry a spare set in my glove box. I don't know where they came from, but they have been already for quite a long time. I don't wear long Johns during the summer, so I can't use them.

Also like how you can use a corn flakes packet as a substitute for a head gasket...it works....(why do i keep thinking bush mechanics )

if you want bush mechanics, try replacing your air filter with the foam from one of the seats, or crushing up some wattle seeds in water for brake fluid. i posted a couple of these things ages ago from the wheels yearbook somewhere in the australian cars section but i forget which thread........
    I am the Stig

Thread Information