Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Best country to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    Isn't kebab turkish?
    exactly my point, Turkish people make good kebabs too, the lebanese just stole it. So technically the Lebanese are surplus to requirements!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

i thought Kabobs were Afghani.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    exactly my point, Turkish people make good kebabs too, the lebanese just stole it. So technically the Lebanese are surplus to requirements!
    The similarities between most Middle Eastern cuisines cannot be denied. With the language of the countries surrounding the eastern and southern Mediterranean being predominantly Arabic, many of the dishes carry the same names from region to region, though they may be prepared or seasoned somewhat differently. Because of this, the cuisines of the Middle East are often sadly lumped into one homogenous category, when in truth they can vary greatly. To view the cuisines of the Middle East as one is like proclaiming that all cuisines of Western Europe are alike. Lebanese food, for example, combines the sophistication and subtleties of European cuisines with the exotic ingredients of the Middle and Far East.
    the rest of the text
    http://www.sallys-place.com/food/eth...ne/lebanon.htm
    Have u ever heard of the leb wine(im prety sure u have)it is one of the most wanted wine in the world...
    So many more good stuff from leb...a contry so small but yet so big
    Last edited by white devil; 09-23-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    So many more good stuff from leb...a contry so small but yet so big

You must realize that in most people's mind Lebanon is being destroyed, and the only images they've ever seen of Lebanon are war scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    You must realize that in most people's mind Lebanon is being destroyed, and the only images they've ever seen of Lebanon are war scenes.
    yeah i understand that and im trying to make people see that their is more in leb than just destruction.i want people to realise that leb is a very nice place and it is at least worth visiting for people who never been there

yeah i understand that and im trying to make people see that their is more in leb than just destruction.i want people to realise that leb is a very nice place and it is at least worth visiting for people who never been there
    I see... Sorry if my post was a bit harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    I make the best kebab they both stole them from me
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I was watching the Travel Channel the other day and saw the Athony Bourdaine (sp) show about Beruit. It really seemed like a great place with many different cultural influences and great energy. Unfortunately the second day they were there the Hezbollah types started running around celebrating the capture of IDF soldiers. They spent the rest of the show in a hotel waiting for evacuation. It is a place I would love to visit, but the instability is a problem. Y'all may have the right idea, I'm from Florida and tourists aren't all they're cracked up to be.
    Chaos is the natural order

Thread Information