Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with street racing?

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Around here for any car that runs below a 11.50 it will have to have a roll cage below an 11 you have to wear a fire suit, not a fire extinguisher but a window switch for cars that run faster then 11.5's im pretty sure, and all cars even for test and tune have to pass a tech inspection. The helmet is only for cars that run below 14's but most people have them.
    I've always wondered this, but what the hell is a window switch?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    I've always wondered this, but what the hell is a window switch?
    its a wire that kills the electrical system, normally by the drivers window
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    yall people are just the same
    p#ssies

goodbye
    You're reaching the point when your sentences are going from just dumb to insulting. That's not good for you at all. Stop it before people get annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Street racing is different though, you meet with the same people different nights, see different friends. Its a community.
    You can do the same without going racing each other. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by McReis; 09-19-2006 at 03:09 AM.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    PS tracking is expensive.
    That makes it fine doesn't it.

I suppose you'd advocate thieves coming into your house because "buying things is expensive".

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    You can do the same without going racing each other. Am I wrong?
    You certainly aren't.

Many car clubs go out driving, but their members are usually mature enough to stick well within their and their car's abilities, and to drive in a manner appropriate to the conditions.

Introducing the element of racing entices people to take unneccessary risks that put themselves and others at risk, and there is no good reason for it.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 09-19-2006 at 03:34 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

mate it happens alot out my way and it seems that the cops are powerless to stop it, there is an old race track near our home town and well you can guess what goes on there after dark! also there is a stretch of road that gets a bit of a flogging as well, it's about 2k's long and dead straight. you can tell what cars are doing it and i know and have worked with about half the fellas who do it and to tell you the truth they don't have a single brain cell between them!!! they see the shows like the fast and the ferious which are classic shows but then they try to copy the stunts and make them selves look "cool". when you here stories of a 17 year old kid spinning his mothers toyota camray in a paddock at 140k's you start to realise that it's gone to far! the track is still dangerous but the street is no place for a skyline on steroids to be trying to smoke a WRX or whatever. the track is safer and better, but try telling that to the young kids who go out every friday, saturday night and flog the snot out of their cars.

Viper007, Gary doesnt have any videos of him racing the busas does he or just any videos? I look on viper alley and couldnt find anything recent but im not over there very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

I suppose you'd advocate thieves coming into your house because "buying things is expensive".
    You certainly aren't.
    They only have one thing in common its illegal. Thats like comparing Oprah to Leno.

Many car clubs go out driving, but their members are usually mature enough to stick well within their and their car's abilities, and to drive in a manner appropriate to the conditions.

Introducing the element of racing entices people to take unneccessary risks that put themselves and others at risk, and there is no good reason for it.
    If nobody took a risk where would we be today? There wouldnt be anyone in america except the native americans. There usally mature enough come on.
    Last edited by rev440; 09-19-2006 at 04:08 AM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

The difference between taking a good risk (like discovering a country) and a bad risk (Street racing - usually these people are untalented, theres cars unroadworthy, and the conditions unsafe) is a vast gap.

Anyone who street races lacks maturity and restraint. simple.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

They only have one thing in common its illegal. Thats like comparing Oprah to Leno.
    I didn't say it was the same, I'm showing how incomprehensively stupid the logic is.

If nobody took a risk where would we be today? There wouldnt be anyone in america except the native americans. There usally mature enough come on.
    What was that about comparing Oprah to Leno?

How is a group of people risking their own lives to discover a new country anything like a bunch of idiotic kids risking other people's lives because they can't be arsed to go to a track to race?

Where is usually mature enough?
    Thanks for all the fish

Tracking is expensive? Besides safety and the track being too far, that's one of the most brought up counter-attacks in street racing debates, but it's simply untrue.

Actually GO to your track. Ask if they have any deals. When the big races are months off here, the Texas Motor Speedway offers about $25 for a good hour's session. It's paying to get into the racecars that's expensive.

And if you even can't do it, hell, I guess just run in the parking lot. Motorsports aren't at their highest (attending wise) when racing isn't in town. Same thing again, if someone has booked the track here, some people just do small autocross events.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

If nobody took a risk where would we be today?
    There's a very big difference between these cretins taking a risk with their own lives and taking a risk with others. I'm all for Darwinism.
    There wouldnt be anyone in america except the native americans.
    You say that like it would be a bad thing.
    There usally mature enough come on.
    Spot the ironic sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

I'm just stating a fact. I couldnt care less about another part of this argument anymore.

Wrong, They're both illegal, they're both stupid, and they both inconvience the people that abide by the law.

How do they inconvience people who follow the laws? Its basically passing them at a high rate of speed. One could make an argument people who like cars are stupid but is it? Every one has a opinon.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Say you are pulling out of your driveway, you look down the road and see a car at a distance you think that is ok for you to pull out because you assume that that car is going to the speed limit. So you pull out and then get rear ended because the jackass was going way to fast. Just an example.

How do they inconvience people who follow the laws? Its basically passing them at a high rate of speed. One could make an argument people who like cars are stupid but is it? Every one has a opinon.
    It inconviences people by the roads being shut down and blocked with trucks (your definition of a street race) or by getting t boned at an intersection and needing a new car because some idiot was street racing. Sure everyone has there own opinions but some peoples opininons just make you wonder.

Thread Information