Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with street racing?

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    People who race on roads with houses on them are stupid.

Well its never happened yet because we drive 60 around here so.

How many people are on the road at 2am in the morning ohnestly. How many expressways ahve intersections.
    You don't get it, do you?

It's not all about the traffic, or the time, it's all about the ROAD.

When you street race, the ROAD is the factor that determines your fate. It doesn't matter how great a driver you are, when the road says you're out of luck, you're out of luck, and before you know it, you'll hit something.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

what happens with there is noting to hit

Quote Originally Posted by Holden rocks
    what happens with there is noting to hit
    Then I guess you wound up on a salt flat somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndCC
    I'm quite frequently on the road at 2am, and there's always a few cars around
    This is in a town that has no-one it it as well, try driving in a major city and its crowded.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    This is in a town that has no-one it it as well, try driving in a major city and its crowded.
    No-one in it my arse, try 250,000 people you jerk
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

250,000 people - they must all be stuck getting lost on the roundabouts if they are on the road at 2am
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Then that sucks for them. Who races on a street with a corner and doesnt shut down before it no one.
    Every street-racer. When the adrenalin is high, they tend to forget safety issues. And since obviously all of them are childish people, they tend to think: "It's dangerous for me to pass that junction without slowing down. But since my opponent will probably do it, I can win some advantage if I keep my foot down. I'm a driving god, and I've seen this happen in films before, so nothing will hurt me."
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Sorry if I'm repeating someone else. Don't really have the time to read all the thread.

Racing your street car is ok, as long as you do it at the track (at a track day) and you have done proper maintenance to it.

I talk from experience when I say that racing in the street is nothing compared to doing it at the track, especially if its a road course. The intensity is a whole other thing. I'm talking about engine and brakes nearly overheating and tires just melting here. I guess 1/4 mile races aren't that different in intensity, but I still got to see a GMC Thypoon hit an electricity pole as a result of "late braking" after street racing a 1/4 mile. Not to mention he was going at least 100 mph with people lining the (quite narrow) street.

I got some bent valves too, because I was watching for the people and not the tach. That was at least 10 years ago. I mean it's not worth it. Your life, other poeples life and your car at at stake.
    Last edited by magracer; 09-21-2006 at 11:55 AM.
    Zag when they Zig

It can't get any more simlpler than this, go to calder Park or Drag Tag. It's under conrtolled conditions.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Quote Originally Posted by HSVLVR
    It can't get any more simlpler than this, go to calder Park or Drag Tag. It's under conrtolled conditions.
    i am not driving to calder park just to race. i'll save myself money and build my own damn circuit
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by HSVLVR
    Ah, Drag Tag. Now THAT'S a damn good idea. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's a big warehouse with some big screens and dynos, you go, park on the dyno, and have simulated drag races, in your own car. They also have a circuit racing mode as well, but it's not quite as developed yet (you can only use 1/2 turn of lock either direction)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I thought I locked this thread.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

anyone reco a racing tire?

While i don't want to street race, i am looking to race on a closed track. anyone recommend a good racing tire for a '92 Camaro?

You could have made a new thread instead of reviving an old crappy one, but oh well. Welcome to ucp. I've seen some people use quite a variety of tires with larger cars, hoosiers, nitto, kuhmo and yokohama being the most popular. All thier tires are good, I would go by your price range when picking the exact model of tire.

The black ones are quite good, or so I hear.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information