Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My modest but comfy ride

My modest but comfy ride

2005 model Mazda 6 Sportilux
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Dread
    2005 model Mazda 6 Sportilux
    Here on ucp we have a kind of test to prove you really own the car. It´s called the `egg-nog´ test. What we would prefer t see is that you stick a piece of paper on the gear selector and take a picture of it.

Good choice by the way and welcome to ucp

Hey welcome to UCP. Hope you enjoy your time at the forums and stick around. I see you live in Johannesburg. I've been there last year, might get back there some day

BTW, excellent choice of car. You see those a lot over here and I think they are great value for money.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Here on ucp we have a kind of test to prove you really own the car. It´s called the `egg-nog´ test. What we would prefer t see is that you stick a piece of paper on the gear selector and take a picture of it.

Good choice by the way and welcome to ucp
    I read that drakkie but camera and car are not in the same location right now, plus the car's kinda dirty and will be until the weekend. Besides, I'm not claiming to own a supercar so I really don't mind if people wish to doubt it's mine.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Hey welcome to UCP. Hope you enjoy your time at the forums and stick around. I see you live in Johannesburg. I've been there last year, might get back there some day

BTW, excellent choice of car. You see those a lot over here and I think they are great value for money.
    Thanks Jorismo. Yes, the Mazda is pretty much perfect to me, I can't fault it. Just the performance is a little down on my previous Ford TX5. On paper it has 1kW more but the TX5's V6 torque gave it quite a bit more grunt.
    Here's the TX5, minus the egg nog
    Doug

Well you lost a bit on performance but I think you gained a lot on reliabilty and luxury...
    Last edited by jorismo; 09-20-2006 at 07:11 AM.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

That's the first time I've heard Mazda 6 being described as "comfy"

You got a great looking Mazda there.

I love the 6! My friend bought one almost a year ago, lovely smoke color, no problems. They look like a much more $$ car than they are, and drive very well.

Hey Revo, do yuo drive an X1/9? I've always wanted to drive one. Here's a pic of one from last Sunday at an auto-x event. Did pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmacklind
    Hey Revo, do yuo drive an X1/9? I've always wanted to drive one. Here's a pic of one from last Sunday at an auto-x event. Did pretty good.
    Unfortunately I don't, but I would love to own one one of these.

However, I do drive a Fiat, so you are partially correct. (see bragging thread here)

Doug_Dread, apologies for highjacking your thread.

Holy wheel gap on that Ford... Did you get nose bleeds driving that thing?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

....and the UCP gang said to Doug....

Last edited by Doug_Dread; 09-20-2006 at 12:49 PM.
    Doug

Never mind, I was going to do a bit of hi-jacking myself and tell about my 'toy' car..... I nicknamed her the Rhino.

I sold her awhile ago so I can't stick any bits of paper on the gearshift, however, the pics are obviously in the same driveway, mine, as the other cars.

The car is a Ford Cortina mark III, 1975 model which I bought quite cheap in 1990. I removed and sold the old 2.5l V6 motor and shoehorned in a 350 CI Chevy V8, tweaked to around 250kW. I deliberately tried to keep her looking as standard as possible, although I needed the mags for enough rubber to get traction and I couldn't hide the big 8 into 1 exhaust.

Handled like a biatch but was brutal in a straight line. Gave me loads of fun for several years but our roads were/are filling up badly and with the extra traffic comes more cops. Also with her dodgy handling and braking, I started to feel her time was over and sold her. Was like tearing off a piece of me.

Excuse the pic quality but they are scans.
    Doug

that is a nice sort of anti-rice, where the improvements are made where it matters, and no funny cosmetics
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That is just ****ing wicked

I love cars like that. There's a BMW M3 somewhere near here roaming around with '318Ci' badges on it, and standard wheels!

I'd kinda like to put a 4.0 V8 into my E30 and doctor up a 340i badge for the back, but leave the rest looking stock. Maybe some bigger rims to fit around bigger brakes though..

Thread Information