Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First American V12 supercar: Brammo Rogue GT

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    The Corvette Z06 is faster then the Gallardo and the 430 on any track and there both in its performance range. What sports car does last these days? Ive seen many 100k mile C5 corvettes running strong. The LS1 is a well built long lasting engine. Read up before you post again. As slicks said the T-56 is a pretty nice trans and so is the old 4 speed auto.
    No it isn't. I've seen tons of reviews that give each EQUAL stats. The Z06 is great, but the reviews I've read have given credit to Ferrari for quality and track capabilities.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    No it isn't. I've seen tons of reviews that give each EQUAL stats. The Z06 is great, but the reviews I've read have given credit to Ferrari for quality and track capabilities.
    When the F430 is equiped with street tires, the Z06 will walk it.
    http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...911-turbo.html
    And yes, this is a prime example, they give it to the Ferrari for feel and quality, as they should being its $100,000 more expencive than the Z06.

You posted 1 magazine however. Car and Driver does not justify 1 comparison. Other European magazines have shown opposite results.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Ive seen modded C5's that put down well over 400rwhp still get over 30mpg. If you post on LS1tech alghnC5 gets 32mpg and his car puts down 475rwhp.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Ive seen modded C5's that put down well over 400rwhp still get over 30mpg. If you post on LS1tech alghnC5 gets 32mpg and his car puts down 475rwhp.
    I was talking about the C6 Z06 against the F430, not how much mileage a modified Corvette is getting.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Bashing of various cars/people aside, I'd like to note that it's nice to finally see that Falconer V12s will be put to use in a production car.

You posted 1 magazine however. Car and Driver does not justify 1 comparison. Other European magazines have shown opposite results.
    Show me the other results where the F430 or Gallardo is not wearing the Pirelli race tires.

I was talking about the C6 Z06 against the F430, not how much mileage a modified Corvette is getting.
    that wasnt refering to your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Show me the other results where the F430 or Gallardo is not wearing the Pirelli race tires.
    They are "street" tyres. You can drive an F430 or Gallardo, a Corvette, or many, many other cars with those tyres on any road, certainly across all of Europe. I've looked on the Pirelli USA website, and it says nothing about Corsa tyres being illegal for road use there either.

There is nothing illegal, unfair or "biased" about fitting high performance tyres to a high performance car, in fact I would say it is pretty common practice.

Nor is there anything illegal, unfair or "biased" about magazines testing cars with those tyres fitted, especially if manufacturers supply those tyres as an option - I've no Ferrari or Lamborghini options lists in front of me, but seeing as how the 575M HGTC was fitted with Pirelli PZero Corsas as standard, I would think it a little odd if they didn't offer them as an option on other cars in the range.
    Thanks for all the fish

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Well, don't talk about 80's american car quality. We don't want to discuss that >.>;

The Corvette Z06 is faster then the Gallardo and the 430 on any track and there both in its performance range. What sports car does last these days? Ive seen many 100k mile C5 corvettes running strong. The LS1 is a well built long lasting engine. Read up before you post again. As slicks said the T-56 is a pretty nice trans and so is the old 4 speed auto.
    Nah, sorry. The cars are all evenly matched, the difference in times being in the style of track.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...911-turbo.html
    And yes, this is a prime example, they give it to the Ferrari for feel and quality, as they should being its $100,000 more expencive than the Z06.
    God slicks, tear off the Confederate Flag you've sewn on your chest.

The Z06 will not walk the Ferrari. The tires are legal on the Ferrari as well, as Cov pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    They are "street" tyres. You can drive an F430 or Gallardo, a Corvette, or many, many other cars with those tyres on any road, certainly across all of Europe. I've looked on the Pirelli USA website, and it says nothing about Corsa tyres being illegal for road use there either.
    I know they are legal, just like Nittos...
    There is nothing illegal, unfair or "biased" about fitting high performance tyres to a high performance car, in fact I would say it is pretty common practice.

Nor is there anything illegal, unfair or "biased" about magazines testing cars with those tyres fitted, especially if manufacturers supply those tyres as an option - I've no Ferrari or Lamborghini options lists in front of me, but seeing as how the 575M HGTC was fitted with Pirelli PZero Corsas as standard, I would think it a little odd if they didn't offer them as an option on other cars in the range.
    And they greatly increase the performance of the car. And when were trying to compare as even as possible, tires are a big factor.
    All the eurofanboys are whining about the F430 being able to beat the Z06, but overlook its only when wearing the Pirelli P Zero Corsa's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    The Z06 will not walk the Ferrari. The tires are legal on the Ferrari as well, as Cov pointed out.
    For starters, im not from the south. Im just as "pro American" as you.
    Did you take a look at the article I posted? The Corvette did walk the F430.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Nah, sorry. The cars are all evenly matched, the difference in times being in the style of track.

The tires are not avable from the factory on the car. If the Z06 was on full road race slicks and the F430 and the Gallardo were on tires that are avable from the factory you guys would complain to because the cars arent matched equally. Look in the Car and Driver article between the Z06 the 997 turbo and the 430 the Z06 walked them all. The vette scored a 3 second better lap then the Ferrari when CanD tested them!
    Last edited by rev440; 09-23-2006 at 07:42 PM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

All the eurofanboys are whining about the F430 being able to beat the Z06, but overlook its only when wearing the Pirelli P Zero Corsa's.
    Manufacturers do things to cars to make them faster - would the Corvette definately still beat an F430 if Chevrolet hadn't given it more power, torque and less weight?

If making good engineering decisions about things like engine output and weight to increase performance are ok, why would making a good choice of tyres to increase performance to be taken as negative?

The whole issue of faster = better is redundant - as proven by the fact that professional opinion regards the F430 as probably one of the best cars in the world, and not the Corvette.

I hope that Brammo will not be following Chevy/ SSC/ Saleen/ Viper i.e. expending their efforts on making their cars merely "faster" & cheaper than the competition and consequently failing to make them "better", and they go down the more fruitful avenue of making their cars as good as possible.

Then maybe people wouldn't feel the need to make excuses about "tyres" and "it costs $XXX,000 less", etc.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information