Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alfa romeo 156(2002-2003) vs BMW 3-series (2003)

Alfa romeo 156(2002-2003) vs BMW 3-series (2003)

Hi guys , just wanna know ur opinion .
    which car is better ?
    I certainly prefer the style and performance of the alfa ?
    can Desire be engineered ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari p4\5
    Hi guys , just wanna know ur opinion .
    which car is better ?
    I certainly prefer the style and performance of the alfa ?
    You gotta think about reliability as well The AR´s is pretty poor. I´ve heard tuns of bad stories about hem,even the current ones....

The choice is: Do i wanna pretend i am rich or do i go for style and performance ?

Depends on where you live. Here in Denmark for example an Alfa Romeo will rust away in no time. But it's still the car I'd choose, but beware of the difference in quality between theese two cars. The Alfa Romeo is a wonderfull car but it still suffers under Italian build quality. Go for either the 2,0 JTS or V6 because the 2,0 TS also has problems. If it has to be a TS pick the 1,8. Novitec makes some anti roll bars that makes the Alfa Romeo corner like on rails.
    Team Fiattitude

U guys are under-estimating it , my best friend has one & i assure you he had no reliability problems ( he bought it since it's launch in 2003) & it performs very well ..... he has the 1.6 TS and he drifted a BMW 318 i with ease ....

go the bmw
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

U guys are under-estimating it , my best friend has one & i assure you he had no reliability problems ( he bought it since it's launch in 2003) & it performs very well ..... he has the 1.6 TS and he drifted a BMW 318 i with ease ....
    In that case,your friend was VERY,VERY lucky. I saw a 2002 Alfa 156 (i believe... it was very early) from unerneath and there were big holes of rusts. It hadnt passed the APK/MOT because of the rust !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardin
    ...Go for either the 2,0 JTS or V6 because the 2,0 TS also has problems
    What kind of problems? I've been lately toying with an idea of getting an Alfa with 2,0 TS engine...

As for the topic - if you get the BMW, you're an idiot with small ****. If you go for the Alfa, you're an idiot with a rustbucket.

My point is - listen to your heart (and wallet ) instead of others opinions

Go with the Alfa.

3-Series are like bottoms- every arsehole's got one. They're boring to look at, no one will let you out of a side turning, it will get keyed, and you'll look just like everyone else.

With the Alfa, you'll get a lusty (if slightly thirsty) engine, an amazing look, it'll be unique, it'll be fun to drive, it's just sublime. Easily Alfa's best car to date- and definitely considered competition to that generation of 3-Series when it was launched.

I live in Rain Central (the UK), and I can honestly say that I have never EVER seen a spot of rust on any of the new Alfas. And I've seen a lot. My friend's dad had a 1998 2.5 V6 in a beautiful mint green, and that always looked amazing. I got a go in one a couple of weeks ago, and it just blew me away. Black carpets, tan leather seats. Why does no one else manage that?! On top of that, the Alfa logo is embossed into the seats.

Amazing wheels, amazing looks, good performance, good to drive, and cheap to repair if you go to the right places. I have heard no reports from people who have owned them of reliability troubles- indeed, the reliability benchmark that is the VW Passat had more problems in one year than my friend's 3 Alfa 156's.

Just one thing- don't touch Selespeed.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    The alfa is a better car in my opinion. whats wrong with selespeed?
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawk
    The alfa is a better car in my opinion. whats wrong with selespeed?
    It's slow, jerky and bloody irritating to use.

A measured 0-60 difference in both cars (Autocar):

Alfa 156 Selespeed - 9.8 secs
    Alfa 156 2.0 - 8.1 secs

It uses up a lot of petrol, too.

Go with the Alfa.

3-Series are like bottoms- every arsehole's got one. They're boring to look at, no one will let you out of a side turning, it will get keyed, and you'll look just like everyone else.

With the Alfa, you'll get a lusty (if slightly thirsty) engine, an amazing look, it'll be unique, it'll be fun to drive, it's just sublime. Easily Alfa's best car to date- and definitely considered competition to that generation of 3-Series when it was launched.

I live in Rain Central (the UK), and I can honestly say that I have never EVER seen a spot of rust on any of the new Alfas. And I've seen a lot. My friend's dad had a 1998 2.5 V6 in a beautiful mint green, and that always looked amazing. I got a go in one a couple of weeks ago, and it just blew me away. Black carpets, tan leather seats. Why does no one else manage that?! On top of that, the Alfa logo is embossed into the seats.

Amazing wheels, amazing looks, good performance, good to drive, and cheap to repair if you go to the right places. I have heard no reports from people who have owned them of reliability troubles- indeed, the reliability benchmark that is the VW Passat had more problems in one year than my friend's 3 Alfa 156's.

i can't agree more , i've seen many Alfa's beside the one with my friend & there wasen't any sign of rust .My friend has a manual so i don't know about the selespeed though i heared alot of bad things about it .
    But overall , BMW is for ordinary people , Alfa is for the elite .
    Attached Images Attached Images

BMW is for ordinary people , Alfa is for the elite .
    Wrong!
    Never think that you are better / wiser / more elite than everybody else beacause you drive / like certain make.

Amen, sisters and brothers.

I don't know why but the alfa romeo here in Guatemala has brought unreliable cars they always have lots of problems so I have to go with the BMW all the way
    ________
    Andyhot
    Last edited by hec16; 08-20-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Go with the Alfa.

3-Series are like bottoms- every arsehole's got one.
    Hey I resent that. Not all of us are.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

One of the main problems with an otherwise great car is that a lot of owners think too much of themselves and their 3-series. Sort of like they've attained the pinnacle of some sort with the ultimate driving machine slogan, main reason I didn't get one.

I'd pick the Alfa just for only this reason, knowing that the Bimmer is the better car.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Thread Information