Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will apple make a new PDA??

will apple make a new PDA??

i was gona buy the Motorola a1200 but i couldnt find it in lebanon and in holand and their is no curent phone that i like and if im gona buy a new phone it has to be a PDA.and i read lots of rumors about apple making a new PDA.I LOVe apple products and if its true then i will get 1..
    what do u think should i wait to see if apple is gona make a PDA or is it just a waste of time since the first 1 was a total failure
    some pics i found
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by white devil; 09-24-2006 at 11:01 AM.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    i was gona buy the Motorola a1200 but i couldnt find it in lebanon and in holand and their is no curent phone that i like and if im gona buy a new phone it has to be a PDA.and i read lots of rumors about apple making a new PDA.I LOVe apple products and if its true then i will get 1..
    what do u think should i wait to see if apple is gona make a PDA or is it just a waste of time since the first 1 was a total failure
    doubt it - PDA market is full of HTC stuff, every niche is filled, and there are ALWAYS rumors about apple products, but i doubt they will make a PDA, as they would have to put an OS on it, and i cant see the point in them writing a whole new one (they cant use Windows Mobile!)

EDIT - Those pics are just as fake as the "TRUE iPod Video" pics - you can take any notice of them

Apple's PDA will most likely be worse than the Ipaq equivalent because they are relitively new to the market. Just get an Ipaq. You're just a tool to the marketing world if you get something purely because Apple is written on it ... (Ipod anyone?).

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Apple's PDA will most likely be worse than the Ipaq equivalent because they are relitively new to the market. Just get an Ipaq. You're just a tool to the marketing world if you get something purely because Apple is written on it ... (Ipod anyone?).
    i'ld rather have an Imate over Ipaq..
    what's wrong with the Ipod i think it is the best Mp3 player on the market

Guest Guest
    i'ld rather have an Imate over Ipaq..
    iMate - Good, probably the best PDA-Phones on the market

if you need advice go to either firstloox.org, or the much more active (but much more biased - DO NOT GET A DELL - I HAVE ONE!) aximsite.com

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I'd rather take a Sony Ericsson M600i.......
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Why though?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Why does everyone hate the I-pod so much?

I mean, I somewhat dislike the whole fanboy/gang behind it, but from what I've experienced, they're a pleasure to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Why does everyone hate the I-pod so much?

I mean, I somewhat dislike the whole fanboy/gang behind it, but from what I've experienced, they're a pleasure to use.
    It's just that there's other players that are better, cheaper and better built than the iPod, and then there's iTunes and DRM (or whatever the Apple system is called), they look stupid. But it's mostly the fact that they've just become a status symbol.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    It's just that there's other players that are better, cheaper and better built than the iPod, and then there's iTunes and DRM (or whatever the Apple system is called), they look stupid. But it's mostly the fact that they've just become a status symbol.
    Generally, crap things don't become a status symbol for no/bad reasons. Use your sense!

The iTunes interface is absolutely brilliant to use- granted, the new one has unwanted gimmicks that are a bitch on RAM, but it's beautifully designed.

Better built? I don't think so. I've used a lot of players side-by-side- such as the 'amazing' new Creative Zen. The stupid touch-line down the middle was infuriating to use, and it lacked an air of quality and development that the iPod has had since the start of its long and fruitful life.

I may be talking from a slightly biased point of view, but in my large amount of experience, Apple come out top in everything except compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    The iTunes interface is absolutely brilliant to use- granted, the new one has unwanted gimmicks that are a bitch on RAM, but it's beautifully designed.
    Oh, iTunes is a good program, I wasn't bitching about that, more the fact that you have to have it to get files onto the iPod.

Better built? I don't think so. I've used a lot of players side-by-side- such as the 'amazing' new Creative Zen. The stupid touch-line down the middle was infuriating to use, and it lacked an air of quality and development that the iPod has had since the start of its long and fruitful life.
    The Zen's are a little flimsy. When I was buying an mp3, the guy at the store told me he'd had a few back after falling to bits. But I've yet to use an Ipod that felt anywhere near as solid as my H300

I may be talking from a slightly biased point of view, but in my large amount of experience, Apple come out top in everything except compatibility.
    That's fine. If you like it, good for you. I don't. I'm not going to hate on you. It's just that a lot of users couldn't give you a reason as to why an iPod is better like that.
    – Hunter Thompson

Generally, crap things don't become a status symbol for no/bad reasons. Use your sense!

IWantAnAudiRS6 = pwned
    – Hunter Thompson

IWantAnAudiRS6 = pwned
    To the rappers, it's a good thing.

This was and still is a status symbol among some people.

Right back at ya!!

IWantAnAudiRS6 = pwned
    Clivey's here! You have no idea what you've just done!

It was the original Hummer / Humvee that became a status symbol precisely BECAUSE it was excellent at what it did. The H2, 3 etc. Are primarily just to cash-in on that.

I'll go into detail on the iPod thing when I get home later on but I too believe it to be the best mp3 player on the market. For a number of reasons. HOWEVER, THE STANDARD EARPHONES ARE AN ABSOLUTE ABOMINATION! Buy the in-ear earphones though and you'll be treated to the excellent sound quality the device is capable of.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Thanks, Mr. C

Thread Information