Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hell hath no fury.....

I think people think of it as a girl's car because:

A) They buy the Boxster when they can't afford a 911.
    B) If the 911 is a man's car when only a man can afford it, the Boxster slots under it so it's obviously a wussie's car.

Same thing happens with the Mazda MX-5. I don't agree with the thinking of this because they're obviously sports cars made to appeal to different groups of people. The Cayman I actually like very much.

Yeah the whole concept of cars being gender specific is silly and immature.

Just made by insecure guys driving around in big SUVs and muscle cars who are jealous that they can be out-driven any day by a small roadster like a Miata.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    guys driving around in big SUVs
    I actually noticed that SUVs were driven mostly by women.

And SUVs are driven by manly men because you can bump into the curb when you park it? Also, it is true, mostly women drive SUVs. That must make them manly women, or make SUVs girlie vehicles.

I wish ignorant people would stop trying to make certain cars gender-based. I made a lot of grown men weep with my MX-5. I guess they were girlie-men.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

It's extremely scary when women who can't drive SUV's do drive SUV's. I don't find anything wrong with SUV's specifically but when they're driving a car that heavy and all they care about is doing their makeup, eating or even reading, what's keeping them from actually putting their eyes on the road? When you're in charge of so much heft it's really scary. And when they park, they just bump into the other cars like they don't notice it. It'd be great to have a license just for SUV's. They're probably the main reason why the roads are so dangerous. And I'm not purposely picking on women, but they seem to be more easily distracted.

I'd prefer if women drove smaller cars like the boxster. It would allow them more space for more difficult maneuvers that they tend to have trouble with. It would definitely be a good idea to have a separate test for everyone who wanted to drive big SUVs such as the Excursion etc. Ideally I think women should drive smaller cars.

boxters are for girls and certain asian people (don't ask me, it just works)
    especially because normal people would buy a secondhand carrera/GT3 clubsport for the same price as a new boxter.
    as for the original post... it's called get a pre-nup
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    Yeah the whole concept of cars being gender specific is silly and immature.
    Not necessarily. Volkswagen New Beetle, anyone?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Large SUVs need to be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    It's extremely scary when women drive SUV's

all they care about is doing their makeup, eating or even reading,

And when they park, they just bump into the other cars like they don't notice it.
    So true

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    b=as for the original post... it's called get a pre-nup
    Chris Rock knew what he was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    It's extremely scary when women who can't drive SUV's do drive SUV's. I don't find anything wrong with SUV's specifically but when they're driving a car that heavy and all they care about is doing their makeup, eating or even reading, what's keeping them from actually putting their eyes on the road? When you're in charge of so much heft it's really scary. And when they park, they just bump into the other cars like they don't notice it. It'd be great to have a license just for SUV's. They're probably the main reason why the roads are so dangerous. And I'm not purposely picking on women, but they seem to be more easily distracted.
    I see that one way more often than I want to. I can't comment on the eating part though, because even I do that and I drive a stick. There's nothing like a nice cheeseburger on a daily commute.

Jesus, I friggin' hate the soccer mom SUV drivers. One thing that really pisses me off is when people stop their cars for a light in the crosswalk. This one bitch stopped her brand new (2006) Suburban directly on the crosswalk so that the back doors would literally open up to the crosswalk. My only option, when crossing the street, was to caress the front end of the Suburban to avoid being hit by the cross traffic. As I'm squeezing around the front end of this giant car, I look up and see the soccer mom driving it had a cheesburger in one hand and a cellphone in the other, and she was looking at me with her jaw dropped. She quickly yelled 'Get the hell off my car, you sonofabitch!' I gave her a dirty glance and ran for my life to the other side of the street.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

What you do is to take your keys and inscribe your name into her door. She'll remember never to do that again.

Or, she may not actually take your car.....

But hey, I think I've found the answer to the problem:

A married couple is driving down the highway doing 80 kph. The husband is behind the wheel. His wife looks over at him and says, "Honey, I know we've been married for 15 years, but, I want a divorce."

The husband says nothing but slowly increases speed to 90 kph.

She then says, "I don't want you to try to talk me out of it, because I've been having an affair with your best friend, and he's a much better lover than you."

Again the husband stays quiet and just speeds up as his anger increases.

She says, "I want the house." Again the husband speeds up, and now is doing 100 kph.

She says, "I want the kids, too."

The husband just keeps driving faster, and faster, now he's up to 110 kph.

She says, "I want the car, the checking account, and all the credit cards, too."

The husband slowly starts to veer toward a bridge overpass piling, as she says, "Is there anything you want?"

The husband says, "No, I've got everything I need."

She asks, "What's that?"

The husband replies just before they hit the wall at 120 kph, "I've got
    the airbag!"
    Last edited by Doug_Dread; 09-27-2006 at 02:44 PM.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Thread Information