View Poll Results: What’s better overall, Turbochargers of Superchargers?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Turbochargers

26 48.15%
  • Superchargers

25 46.30%
  • Both the same

3 5.56%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Turbocharger V Superchargers

With aerodynamically enhanced carbon-fiber bodies that loosely resemble the production cars on which they are based, these supercharged, fuel-injected, nitromethane-burning machines travel the quarter-mile in 4.7 seconds at more than 325 mph, slightly slower than a Top Fuel dragster. Most teams use an aluminum version of the 426 Chrysler Hemi engine that produces an estimated 8,000 horsepower.
    no need prove, these babies use nitromethane, and we are talking about normal petrol. These are already disqualify. Now turbo still rulez with majority post

Take at the look at the start of this thread, It doesn't say anything about pump gas.

I think that means that Superchargers are still produce more poneys!
    UCP's Biggest Murph Fan, dont tell him though, he might think im a bit gay.

Thats me and Murph on the left. Im the taller one.

=.="

they haven't try turbos on it yet.. maybe their exhaust gas is too much for turbos.. any prove that turbo don't work on those dragster?

No I dont have any proof that Turbo's wouldn't work in that particular case but im sure if they were better they would be getting used.

The exhaust gasses are hot enough to burn hydrogen in the atmosphere so maybe turbo's wouldn't handel the heat.

my guess is that either their engine is powerful enough or rev high enough to make the supercharger work as good as turbo or they need straight flow in their exhaust that turbo is just not a choice

Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrowZ
    my guess is that either their engine is powerful enough or rev high enough to make the supercharger work as good as turbo or they need straight flow in their exhaust that turbo is just not a choice
    That's interesting, a fan of turbo's finaly saying that a turbo is "not a choice" fot the fastest wheel driven vehicles on the planet.
    I have to agree there.

Quote Originally Posted by Waatz
    That's interesting, a fan of turbo's finaly saying that a turbo is "not a choice" fot the fastest wheel driven vehicles on the planet.
    you forgot to add in a straght line.
    THe cars are no use to man nor beast beyond bragging rights !!
    I have to agree there.
    and superchargers aren't used in jet engines.
    The point of agreeing is what ???????
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Waatz
    I have to agree there.

LOL this is a car forum not a dragster forum. If you think supercharger is best for dragster(and what you say the fastest machine on earth) then be it. I'm hoping to see you on a circuit track with 20 corners on a 20 lap race and i'll let you run 3 lap first.*giggle*. But the thing is that u need to use a dragster with a supercharger and i'll settle with a V8 turbo charge with just 10psi.*giggle*

I wonder who will win...

Hey.. i know why turbocharger can't be used on those dragster you mention. Turbocharger is not an option because they give out too much extra horses that the dragster's engine will blow up because they already have too much power so in order to boost it a little bit more they are forced to use supercharger

Moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    you forgot to add in a straght line.
    THe cars are no use to man nor beast beyond bragging rights !!
    and superchargers aren't used in jet engines.
    The point of agreeing is what ???????
    Why Would I add in "straight line" Im talking about FASTEST here if I wanted to talk about fastest mid corner speed I dont think it would matter if it was turbz or supercharged, and as for this "THe cars are no use to man nor beast beyond bragging rights !!" you could argue that about all motorsport or any extravagant car if you wern't a fan of motorsport or cars.
    As for Jet engines, do they drive the wheels? I havent seen one that does, I may be wrong.

Ok I wont use Top Fuelers if they are proving to much of a challenge to beat, how about. . . . I suppose Funny Cars arn't cars either? lets say they are because it does say "car" in the name. well basicaly almost the same stats as TFD but with a body that more resembles a "Hot Wheels"
    You dont have to get all personal and say you would like to see me on a track with corners because then we would have to start a thread "Waatz V SilverArrowZ" and this one is Turbochargers (OK) V Superchargers (Most Definitaly the best)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrowZ
    Hey.. i know why turbocharger can't be used on those dragster you mention. Turbocharger is not an option because they give out too much extra horses that the dragster's engine will blow up because they already have too much power so in order to boost it a little bit more they are forced to use supercharger
    The Above would only prove that turbochargers arn't the best for making cars go reeeealy reeeeealy fast

This thread has gotten rediculous! How can anyone expect to reason someone out of something they were never reasoned into?!? All this talk about top fuel dragsters and road cars is making me sick, which one can handle better? which can actually turn? what the hell does that matter neither one of these two things has anything to do with a turbocharger nor a supercharger! The fact is there is at this point and time a time and situation where each application may dictate which form of boosting is most conducive to perform the task at hand. Until there are some radical improvements in either system, someone finds a way to make turbos have a more ideal low end power curve or someone finds a way to get past all the limitations of a supercharger (face it there are limits, you blower loving fools out there who will stand up and protect your supercharger like it came from ye own womb). So until then, stop all the useless bickering!

i skipped pretty much half the 2nd page but as far as teh top fuel argument turbo's arnt used as they would create such a restriction that the EG's would litteraly push the manifold apart. it would bent and eventually break off to fee up the restriction in the exhaust because of the force of the gasses coming out of the engines
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Quote Originally Posted by V8turbo4me
    This thread has gotten rediculous! How can anyone expect to reason someone out of something they were never reasoned into?!? All this talk about top fuel dragsters and road cars is making me sick, which one can handle better? which can actually turn? what the hell does that matter neither one of these two things has anything to do with a turbocharger nor a supercharger! The fact is there is at this point and time a time and situation where each application may dictate which form of boosting is most conducive to perform the task at hand. Until there are some radical improvements in either system, someone finds a way to make turbos have a more ideal low end power curve or someone finds a way to get past all the limitations of a supercharger (face it there are limits, you blower loving fools out there who will stand up and protect your supercharger like it came from ye own womb). So until then, stop all the useless bickering!
    Okay okay i think i'll go with NA until there is some change in the force induction industries. But i'm still with turbo *with evil grin in face*

Quote Originally Posted by V8turbo4me
    Gee you sure are a bit anal, I thought this is was what forums like this are about, debating the subject, Im having fun and I think SilverArrowZ is having fun. But if you want me to stop I will just for you.

Thread Information