Thread: Chrysler Conquest brakes

Chrysler Conquest brakes

I recently aquired a 1987 Conquest TSI from a friend who bought it 5 years ago without rear brake calipers. One was found in a bone yard on a Mitsubishi and one ordered new from Shucks. The rotors appear to be too big or the calipers too small. Does anyone know if the TSI came with bigger brakes than the standard Conquest? I'm having a little trouble finding any relevant info.
    When a cow laughs, does milk come out of it's nose?

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyx38
    I recently aquired a 1987 Conquest TSI from a friend who bought it 5 years ago without rear brake calipers. One was found in a bone yard on a Mitsubishi and one ordered new from Shucks. The rotors appear to be too big or the calipers too small. Does anyone know if the TSI came with bigger brakes than the standard Conquest? I'm having a little trouble finding any relevant info.
    Sure do... The base model, "LE" came with 10.04" disks front, while the TSi came with 10.87". In the rear, the LE came with 9.72" and the TSi 10.47".
    Since you said you have a TSi, you have the fender flares. The LE was a "flatty" only without an intercooler. Any other questions, just ask.

I've owned 5 SQ's over the years and currently own 3...
    - 1983 Starion LS, Nevada Sand Metallic - bought from the original owner, now with just under 24k original miles and in near showroom condition.
    - 1988 Starion ESI-R, Black - with just over 86k miles in need of restoration.
    - 1989 Conquest TSi, Fiji Blue with the SHP package - just over 90k miles, 17c turbo, hardpipes, bov, etc...

Come on over to StarQuestClub.com

We've got the largest SQ club on the planet with all the info/links to info you'll ever need for the Starion/Conquest twins.

Name is Marc AKA MidNiteRide89 on all of the SQ boards. Been around for a long time. I have the '87 Conquest shop manual set too. Along with tons of SQ memorabilia. Hope to see you on the boards!

^ Those are sweet cars! I'll check your site out!
    "I am more impressed by a fast, clean, car cruising slow,,, than a riced out, slow car, driving fast."
    Come see us at:
    www.street-royalty.piczo.com

Thread Information