Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Going for a ride in an Audi S8!

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    So if you prefer safety to fun, why not having a Volvo V70 AWD?
    Volvos arent the most sporty cars and a V70 weighs 2 tons I think. I know audis are heavy too but not the one I've owned (just sold it) was only 1300 kgs and it was just great fun to drive. And in snow its just very much fun because then its really easy powersliding at low speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_20v
    Volvos arent the most sporty cars and a V70 weighs 2 tons I think. I know audis are heavy too but not the one I've owned (just sold it) was only 1300 kgs and it was just great fun to drive. And in snow its just very much fun because then its really easy powersliding at low speeds.
    I was kidding about the Volvo.
    In snow, everything is easy to powerslide at low speeds but 4wd cars are the only to do it safely, that's for sure.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    For me an S8 doesn't make sense. The A8 is a fantastic car, tuned the way a large, powerful luxury sedan should be tuned. The S8 seems like it's an overweight weight-lifter trying to play beach volley ball with the hard bodies, trying to compete where it hasn't a chance of keeping up. That's why, smartly, BMW doesn't make a M7, kinda defeats the purpose by making a two-and-a-half ton throw about.

The manufacturers seem to be stuck making compromised designs just to save face in the horsepower war. Make a car rediculously powerful then suspend it stupid stiff so it doesn't lurch about like a Lincoln.

No thanks, I'll wear my balls inside my Armani suit.
    So then how do you justify Mercedes making the AMG S classes and big horsepower Maybachs?

Back on McReis, the M3 is great as a RWD vehicle, but as far as I know, they're not making any new ones in four doors.

You're right about the RS6 and the M5 though, they are the right competitors. I can't wait until it comes out. Hope there's a manual too.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    So then how do you justify Mercedes making the AMG S classes and big horsepower Maybachs?
    I did say "manufacturers" that includes Mercedes. I guess though, a super, super luxury car buyer today wants to better even dedicated sports cars, atleast in acceleration.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Thread Information