Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gt500

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Handling is very important to me. I prefer it to speed, for example wish I still had the 87 3 series BMW, even though the Crown Vic I was driving yesterday was faster.
    What year 'vic was it?
    edit: Camaro holds its own on the track:
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....article_id=155
    "Out on the open road, the SS proves it's more than just a straight-line performer. Thanks to wider 275/40ZR-17 Goodyear F1 tires, a stiffer shock/spring package and a larger front anti-roll bar than the standard Camaro, the SS handles exceedingly well for a car considered by many as "low-tech." Overall grip and predictability are good, and after getting over the rather high ride height, you can push the car with an increased degree of confidence.

At the racetrack, the SS raised more than a few eyebrows. Everyone expected it to rocket down the straights, but it ended up cornering well too — proof that high tech isn't necessarily the only show in town. While it certainly could work better over bumps and through quick transitions, the SS is generally stable, predictable and as such, surprisingly fast. Grip doesn't measure up to the sticks-like-glue adhesion of the Z06, but with less power, it's not as big an issue."

It was a 2003
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    I guess I wasnt clear the first time, the GT is an order import and limited no? That would certainly raise the price. Its really not supposed to be a big seller on the euro market. Doesnt the UK tax displacement and or car weight as well?
    In the US market, its up to par with anything in its price range.*
    It doesn't make that much of a difference, to be honest. You can just change the '£' sign for a '$' sign and you have the American price... a Nissan 350Z (its closest competitor here) is $48,000 here. Not really cheap. If you want the dollaridoos for a 'Stang, it's $33k-$48k.

However, all prices here are relative... in a way. A McDonalds is $10, a bottle of Coke at college (half a litre) is $1.80... you get the picture.

^ yeah, they brought in an '05 saleen mustang and it cost the owner $125,000 AUD. So yeah, you can see why most people find soemthing else to do with their money..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    ^ yeah, they brought in an '05 saleen mustang and it cost the owner $125,000 AUD. So yeah, you can see why most people find soemthing else to do with their money..
    ROFLCOPTER

£50,000?!

How much is an HSV GTO over there in $AU?!

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    ROFLCOPTER

£50,000?!

How much is an HSV GTO over there in $AU?!
    about $30,000 less than that saleen - and it's faster, more comfortable, better built etc etc.. a mustang at that price just doesn't make sense. (you could buy a HSV GTO and a renault clio sport for the price of the saleen..)
    But American auto companies seem disinterested in exporting their cars which is why it costs so much..no RHD, no supporting dealerships blah blah
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

youve obveously never been in a post 04 mustang.
    this thread is about gt500 and i said inside looks cheap.i don't know about othere years.

the gt500 is great
    now they shoould get replace roof,hood and trunk lid with carbon parts to reduce weight and drop center of gravity
    it could do with more power though to put it in viper/z06 territory
    wonder hoe aerodynamic it is, it looks menacing and mean and really aggressive but also looks kind of like a brick

oh and ceramic brakes from brembo would complete the package
    Last edited by 092326001; 10-15-2006 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    about $30,000 less than that saleen - and it's faster, more comfortable, better built etc etc.. a mustang at that price just doesn't make sense. (you could buy a HSV GTO and a renault clio sport for the price of the saleen..)
    But American auto companies seem disinterested in exporting their cars which is why it costs so much..no RHD, no supporting dealerships blah blah
    Or you could buy a new SS...0-100kmh in 5.2 and a low 13s pass...for $45k...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Ad some biggies on that and speak to tom
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4
    this thread is about gt500 and i said inside looks cheap.i don't know about othere years.
    Post 04 Mustangs means after 2004, i.e. 2005 and newer.
    Youve never sat in one have you? Pictures do very little

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Ad some biggies on that and speak to tom
    Mmm, superchargers
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Post 04 Mustangs means after 2004, i.e. 2005 and newer.
    Youve never sat in one have you? Pictures do very little
    i haven't ,but i was checking out one in parking lot.the dash looks like cheap plastic that has been painted.lol
    Last edited by mehrshadvr4; 10-14-2006 at 10:14 AM.

I would personally take the GT500E http://www.uniqueperformance.com, over the new GT500. I loved the movie Gone in Sixty Seconds. This new GT500 seems bulky, and heavy, and what happened to the classic fog lights?

Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4
    i haven't ,but i was checking out one in parking lot.the dash looks like cheap plastic that has been painted.lol
    Its really not, its no worse than a 350Z.

Thread Information