Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park makes fun of Irwin death.

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Steve Irwin to satan: "Come on, I thought we were friends". That isn't making fun of him?
    Well, to be fair, Satan isn't depicted like Satan normally is in South Park. He's quite nice, actually.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

People are always quite hypocritical about parodies like South Park. They laugh at it, until they make fun of something close to them, i.e Isaac Hayes (sp?). Was in the show for years, but only got offended when they made fun of Scientology.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Steve Irwin to satan: "Come on, I thought we were friends". That isn't making fun of him?
    Are you THAT dense? You don't honestly mean to say you think they are implying that Stevo and the Devil are pals?

Its like when you ask someone for something, and they say no, and youre like "come on, i thought we were friends!"
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Dude, there were Catholic priests holding naked boys on leashes in that episode

Just wanted to put things in perspective...

"Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Wow, did you even watch the episode? Steve wasn't made fun of.

In the episode, people thought someone was dressing up like Steve. Satan then came over, and said, "Dude, you gotta go. He just died a few weeks ago, it's soon, and it's just not cool, so you gotta leave."

The man replies then that it is Steve. Now, since the party is a costume party and you have to wear a costume, Steve was kicked out for not wearing a costume.

People who critize South Park aren't very smart to begin with when they show that they didn't watch the episode or just made a big deal out of something.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    I see nothing wrong with what South Park is doing. How could you not call milking your father's death for all its worth wrong. Anyone who opposes this episode is just stupid.
    Guess i'm stupid then.
    But what has bindi got too do with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I think this is a case where pretty much everyone in Australia will consider it very offensive, since it's an Australian thing.

I don't think it's THAT bad really, and what they said came off nothing close to striking. Let's just move-on and let South Park be South Park.
    It's a cop out too move on and let south park be south park. Have they ever made fun of the twin towers just curious?.
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    People who critize South Park aren't very smart to begin with when they show that they didn't watch the episode or just made a big deal out of something.
    Thats a toss pot comment.
    I don't watch it and havent liked it since day one. So am i dumb?
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    if anything he was bigger in america....
    south park has made fun of much worse things and hasn't recieved this sort of protest... it's not a big deal, at all.
    It sounded so much worse just reading the news report.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Being Australian, it's an offense and I don't want it to even be shown here. It's rude and offensive. Full stop, end of story.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

It's putting shame on Australia. What's next, making fun of Peter Brock's death! The South Park writers/scripters should be ashamed of themselves.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Quote Originally Posted by HSVLVR
    Being Australian, it's an offense and I don't want it to even be shown here. It's rude and offensive. Full stop, end of story.
    how is it offensive. honestly...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I just can never see humour with death lite humour or not.

yes.. so why get offended for this particular one..why not protest at the others on south park? and on other shows?
    what difference does it make...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Wow, did you even watch the episode? Steve wasn't made fun of.

In the episode, people thought someone was dressing up like Steve. Satan then came over, and said, "Dude, you gotta go. He just died a few weeks ago, it's soon, and it's just not cool, so you gotta leave."

The man replies then that it is Steve. Now, since the party is a costume party and you have to wear a costume, Steve was kicked out for not wearing a costume.

You trying to call me dumb? Because I don't watch a moron cartoon? I read a news report and responded to it. I have never watched South Park and will never. It's lame.

And how could I even watch the episode, it doesn't screen here until 2008. I don't need an excuse to "make a big deal" out of this. It's easy for other countries to poke fun at it, but many Australians are not happy (after seeing the clip I'm quite fine, but that's me).
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

You trying to call me dumb? Because I don't watch a moron cartoon? I read a news report and responded to it. I have never watched South Park and will never. It's lame.

And how could I even watch the episode, it doesn't screen here until 2008. I don't need an excuse to "make a big deal" out of this. It's easy for other countries to poke fun at it, but many Australians are not happy (after seeing the clip I'm quite fine, but that's me).
    This is not a personal attack, but somehow the above attitude reminds me of some reactions to the Danish Mohammed cartoons, which very few actually saw, but still caused big havoc in countries where freedom of the press is not high on the agenda.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    yes.. so why get offended for this particular one..why not protest at the others on south park? and on other shows?
    what difference does it make...
    My protest is too not watch it.

Thread Information