Thread: Nicky Heydon wins (or is that, Rossi loses..) MotoGP championship

Nicky Heydon wins (or is that, Rossi loses..) MotoGP championship

Bit of an anti climax for me when Rossi f***ed up on lap 5.

Dream come true - Hayden

Valencia GP results

Hayden ends Rossi's reign

Valencia - Nicky Hayden won the MotoGP world title here on Sunday following the final race of the season the Valencia Grand Prix.

The American finished third behind Australian Troy Bayliss - his first ever victory at this level - in the race but main rival and five-time champion Valentino Rossi, who had led the standings going into the race, blew his chances when he tumbled on the fifth lap.

Although he remounted he was never able to really threaten Hayden's hold on the title and finished 13th.

An elated Hayden said it was a dream come true.

"I am just really, really proud man!" said Hayden.

"You dedicate yourself to something for life and then it comes off. It is wonderful.
    Anyway, congrats to Nicky and the USA.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

most unexpected world title I suppose, and I really cannot relate to Hayden, I cannot remember him doing anything else than "also running", but indeed with a high level of consistency.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Hayden has been very stabil during this season, and I guess he deservs the title for that.. Congratulations to him..

Note you that Rossi has 8 zero point GP's this year
    Caused by engien trouble mostly.. He miss Honda I guess

Very nice ending of the season, but of course I'd rather see Rossi and Hayden fighting for the title, not an early exit for one of them like this..

And cool to see two Ducatis taking it home yeaterday..
    Great driving of Bayliss and Capirossi
    Especialy Bayliss
    Gibernau was probably not so happy that he did so well...
    If Bayliss only had been a couple of years younger, Gibernau would probably been a bit worried now

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost
    If Bayliss only had been a couple of years younger, Gibernau would probably been a bit worried now
    well Casey Stoner is much younger and he has been signed up by Ducati. No uncertainties for Gibernau anymore, he is out...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    well Casey Stoner is much younger and he has been signed up by Ducati. No uncertainties for Gibernau anymore, he is out...
    Oh.. he is... From 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost
    Oh.. he is... From 2007?
    I think that is what I heard/read.

http://www.highrevs.net/motogp_news/...i-10192006.php

The title suggests it was Rossi's title to lose. You have to say the same about the race for Ducati. Great end to the season either way.
    I am the Stig

Im chuffed Troy stuck it up em... He deserved a win. Shame he wont be in Motogp next year, he's a nice bloke and still very fast. But I guess when ur on the best bike in SBK, well, its a no brainer really.
    Casey will be one to watch I think. He is fast. Im glad Sete is gone. He was a tool. Over here in oz there was a cartoon about him, it went along the lines of 'How do u keep Gibernau behind you? Strap a mirror to your back' The guy is a poser. Im glad I'll never see the fake tribute to the late Kato san on the podium.
    Was touching to see Vale congratulate Nicky, and you could see it meant alot to him too. Very good. A lucky win there Nicky Hayden, Vale will have ya next year.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Cool
    Casey Stoner is a very good rider, I like him, eventhough he is aussie

And where does Gib go?
    out for good? SBK? 125?

50cc's at Valencia local club title... He mite be able to win it just... Assuming theres no Gypsy's
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Well, after Pedrosa's foolish mistake it wouldn't be the best way for Rossi to win the title so there is some justice there. But still, I'd prefer if it was Rossi winning the championship...
    Live for Speed - Online Racing Simulator
    http://www.liveforspeed.net

Sete Gibernau's problems have been solved. He has decided to stop with motor racing..

Sete Gibernau's problems have been solved. He has decided to stop with motor racing..
    Good for him...
    No more dissapointments

Thread Information