Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock C6 Z06 with DOT DR Runs 10.856 1/4mi

Relax girls. The Corvette beat the Ferrari on Motor Trend's test track by a little under 2 seconds I believe. Obviously, the track had a fair bit of straights but.. a track none the less. I'd take a Ferrari myself, but, the Corvette's a very capable car.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    Sure, it'll keep up or even beat one in acceleration, but the thing has leaf springs for god's sake! Won't keep up around a track.
    Im just going to assume this is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Do you have any remotely unbiased proof that the Corvette could do that?

Nothing from the Corvette forums now...
    Nothing but proof from a couple mags. The 430 faster the Z06 in a straightline is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Relax girls. The Corvette beat the Ferrari on Motor Trend's test track by a little under 2 seconds I believe. Obviously, the track had a fair bit of straights but.. a track none the less. I'd take a Ferrari myself, but, the Corvette's a very capable car.
    Youd have to be stupid not to the 430 is the better all around car.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Does it have smaller rims then stock Viper? I read it has 17's which would allow more sidewall flex.
    Z06 has 18s in front, 19s in back, Viper has the same, but 1in wider rears, and .5in wider fronts. Both come stock with runcraps so sidewall flex should be very very little.

Quote Originally Posted by strangeman
    The main reason why vipers are slower is because they have 303 rear ends...which is absolutely rediculous...but you can get aftermarket upgraded to 373..in which case it is much much faster
    3:07*
    But dont forget the extra 400lbs the Viper is hauling around.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Z06 has 18s in front, 19s in back, Viper has the same, but 1in wider rears, and .5in wider fronts. Both come stock with runcraps so sidewall flex should be very very little.
    I know that but i was asking viper if rangers car has 17's on the back which would make quite a difference with radials on them vs the stock 19's with radials of course. You should put some Z06 rims on your car its defiantly one of my favorite looks for the trans am.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Ha thanks for the laugh. Yes it could beat it a drag track or a road race track probably an oval as well.
    It's got more power and longer gearing, so of course it would, but that would prove what exactly?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Look! Proof the Corvette is teh BoMb!

Sorry Corvettes ain't bad
    Attached Images Attached Images

I know that but i was asking viper if rangers car has 17's on the back which would make quite a difference with radials on them vs the stock 19's with radials of course. You should put some Z06 rims on your car its defiantly one of my favorite looks for the trans am.
    Oh ok, I dont know.
    I like the look of both C5 Z06 and C6 Z06 wheels on t/a, but if I were getting wheels it would probably be fiske fm5's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Look! Proof the Corvette is teh BoMb!

Sorry Corvettes ain't bad
    wtf kind of paint job is on that F1?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    wtf kind of paint job is on that F1?
    Look at the Mclaren F1 GTR thread, It's in the multimedia section somewhere, mabye the hideout.

I could only get 10.858, I want my money back
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    ultimateCARpage.com

That's seriously quick, though. It's such a good deal price-wise, but I'm tired of everyone saying it'll beat Ferraris. Sure, it'll keep up or even beat one in acceleration, but the thing has leaf springs for god's sake! Won't keep up around a track.
    If you are critisizing it for leaf springs you simply don't understand the mechanics of how they are used. Perhaps some educating would help...

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...te+leaf+spring

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    >.> My comment was a joke poking fun at the people who make any excuse to beleive US cars suck.

Thread Information