Thread: A work of pure genius! - Brilliant "Revetec" Engine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pattakon Engine

Interesting animations. I supose I can comment on the rollers that control side thrust by saying that roller bearings don't like stop start reverse operation but I supose they should or probably are using a slide type of arrangement when building one. I wouldn't mind seeing what torque lever length they have at what degrees of rotation. If I have time to graph it I will but is there anyone out there that has the time to do it and post it?

I would also probably comment that their cam design would probably not be as flexible in design options as ours. I then looked at the animation of the multi bearing/lobed engine an can see the outer cams cutting through the opposite shaft. Hmmm...

The multi cylinder engine has cutouts in the shafts to allow the opposite cam to pass through which looks to be a weak link.

The bearings also look very small on the outer cams. There are other issues but like our company they may not be disclosing updates and newer designs. I would be interested to see if they have successfully tested any of the shown designs or others other than their valve train designs.

BTW. in 2-3 days our website will be updated. All previous information which was correct at the time of posting but is out of date now due to design and configuration changes will be removed. So no 3:1 gearing comments to confuse figures posted with current engine layouts and operation. The 3:1 gearing was an older special use engine and hasn't been used for 3 years.

I think that when we release details of our new design when our website is updated you all would be a bit interested in the compactness of our latest design.

Manolis: Alastor and yourself were correct about the 100mm conrod. I went back to my calculation sheet and realised that I had played with it and resaved it by mistake. Ouch! I should have spent more time to make sure that it was correct and not assume it was correct. I suppose my only defence is that I'm very busy designing our new engine and didn't have the time to go through the speadsheet and make sure it was correct. I will be more careful in the future because I can tell you all are very passionate about engines and have a high degree of knowledge so I'll only post here if I triple check everything.... :-)

Cheers
    Last edited by revetec; 10-18-2006 at 10:13 PM.

Thread Information