[QUOTE=Matra et Alpine]
Quote Originally Posted by stian1979
If you use a electric engine it will require more power when you acelerate.
To suply more power the load on the stirling has to increase and because of the stirlings slow response to load changing it would drop in speed (just read about diesel generator's and speed drop).
A battery package would prevent this, but ad extra weight.[/quote}
Correct, btu if it is only required for short periods it does NOT as larege a penalty. It's only needed for averaging the peak needs withthe average output fo a VERY efficient engine. I thought that was obvious

Careful.
DAF had been racing the CVT inf F3 - we've talked abotu it before on UCP with pics - and Frank worked with them to TEST it. Whether it actually delevered any benefit for the weight and stresses was never published and the FIA banned it before it
DC test drove the one in '93

The FIA banned CVT as they felt it took away from the driver. Not for technical reasons. So it never went any further. So we never knew whether it was able to handle the torque lash of kerbs corner on full throttle or if it lasted 2 hours.

Where did you find a reference to it actually HANDLING the 700HP for duration ???

It's NOT easy to "balance" an engine. Even the best balancer shafts have recognised frequencies in the engine where they are inneffective due to harmonics.
But the Revetec doesnt' need contra-rotating balanceshafts as it isnt' trying to balance a ROTATING mass. You dont' seem to grasp the difference

By the time you get to the point in the curve you have used up ( or should have ) the expansion of the gasses - with a little left over to assist exhaust flow ). So you are mathematically correct if you were running an engine driven by compressed air. But you're not. You are running a COMBUSTION engine which has a peak pressure which drops as the piston recedes. As I said before, you seem to only see one thing at a time. Each thing on it's own is valid. BUT when you take the other factors into account aren't .

They're not. THere are plenty of companies producing new engines on a regular basis.
PS: 2-strokes can't clean up emissions without major post combustion management. You can't burn heavy lubricating oils wihtout emission problems. Sadly nobody wants to invest in finding solutions.
DC put in some impresive lap times with the CVT in testing.

To acelerate a famely van it take some power so batterys had to have a size that would ad weight and take away space. A famely car of some size 1500kg from 0-100km/h in 11 secs nead some power and if you got batterys fully loaded and acelerate to 80km/h and a dude runn into the road so you got to brake. Then you step on it again and at 90km/h the car just die because batterys are runn empthy and the stirling stil did not get up too speed yet so you are limited to 50km/h and slovly acelerating until you reatch 100km/h.

I got more belif that it has to be combined with a traditional combustion engine. Maybe a combustion engine only enabled on city driving and aceleration, disabled during freeway. who konw.

So with out balance shafts, how will you make the forces from the pistons not to ad vibration? This is not a boxer in case you did not notice so both pistons move toward's the same side at the same time. If the engine was constructed without conrods just like the revetec is and at the same time was able to make pistons move towards eatch other like a boxer no balancing would be required. Since the crankshaft rotate 1 per 3 work cycles counter weights can not be added to this, some thing you see is obious so it will nead a balance shaft to balance out the oscilating movements from pistions. Rotating alancing is not a problem like the traditional conrods I can agree.

1/2 of the conrod is considered to be oscilating and the other 1/2 is considered to be rotating. I did my homework on this, probartly the only thing about engine dynamics I still remember.

2-strokes are the moust inviromental engines. You don't find anny engine more fuel efficiant than sulzer or B&W 2-strokes. consumtion of cylinder lube oil is a problem caused by the fact that no syntetic oil is made for this purpose. No ship owner want to buy syntetic oil for this purpose since it will cost him soo mutch that he's compatitors will get the contracts.

About cylinder preshure I'm right. Even the preshure drops by 50% I will stil have 50% longer arm than the revetec. It all ends up in the same in the end. The only advantage by geting long arm at a earlier stage is that not that mutch energy has escaped trough the top and cylinderwals yet, but this problem is smal and will be solved at once the customers are willing to pay for cheramic and insolated engines due to fuel prices. There is no practical reason for adapting this design. I like it, it's a funn concept, but it's also all it is.

I'm stil concerned about the bearing. Not anny ball bearing is 100% round, maybe it is 99,9999999%, but not 100% ball barings don't handle the same load as a plain baring and if anny contamination in the oil like soot or other particles it will just dig into the plain bearing and do no futher harm.
A ballbearing can more easely get permanent problems witch I'm shure you are avear off.