Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: A work of pure genius! - Brilliant "Revetec" Engine

=revetec;728145]I'm not going to stir any competitor up by naming them but they are a leader in aviation engines.

Again your response is Childish. Why don't you ask politely for info of why.

So your saying that it is a waste of time for every automotive company that uses UGS products (A great number) to not only see our engine on their website, 3D showroom and splash screens every time they launch their software. Hmmmmmmm.....
    Yes it is becuase you need to understand who the decision makers are, you need to comprehend who influencers decisions. If this is your strategy then God help you.

As I've stated, there is an information update coming very soon. Our clients are the ones who are interested in the BMEP figures. We have told our shareholders on the NSXA of the increases in performance and they weren't slight increases, they were huge gains. As far as green groups, we have been named in the New Energy Congress Top 100 Technologies : July 3, 2007. This is as Green as it gets.
    How many people are privy to this?
    Who decides on this list?
    What formal associations does this group have with key government legislators and key stakeholders
    What ranking were you in the list, number 75? There were a host of other engines well ahead so Brad it is not as green as it gets. Its as brown as it gets!!

We are strategically working through the manufacturers that will bring the technology to fruition earliest and who have the ability to manufacture the engine or has the manufacturing volumes to make it viable to manufacture for them.

I don't really get off on articles on myself. I look at them as advertising for Revetec. Siemens produce large power plants and they have customers in almost every area of engineering. They also deal with a large manufacture base of engines and are a good promoter of our technology. I know you have heard of Siemens. The increased exposure with them will bring further opportunities in business and marketing.
    I shouldn't be your only strategy there is so much more you should do!!

BTW. In fiscal 2006, Siemens generated sales of more than €87 billion and net income of over €3 billion in its six business areas Information and Communications, Automation and Control, Power, Transportation, Medical, and Lighting.
    Big deal, are they going to sign you up on a 250,000upa volume deal?? nope, will they help you get there, maybe a little...

=Cyco;728148]Wonderer;

For a person trying to market themselves as a well intentioned and well meaning observer you suck as a marketer.
    Thanks, I like to impress.

For a person in the the role that Brad is playing (CEO and Chief Design Engineer) I think he is doing a rather good job, and is not to those shareholders (and some potential share holders - including me) who post here. I'd be more than happy to see the other persons who have contacted you express the same opinions here. Information release is a carefully balanced thing and when a company is small with overlapping roles then there is much more work for the individual. This can be a fine line to tread, and as a Director Brad appears to be doing that well.
    Guys, are you serious, yep at 5 cents a share he is doing a marvelous job. Well done Brad, continue and the shares will drop to 3 cents. Fantastic job...brilliant

I may not be the oldest member of this forum, and definitely not the most experienced when it comes to engine design and development, but the language you use in your posts is what I expect to see during destabilisations and hostile take overs. This is not at all helpful to the Revetec development, and as a concerned citizen of the planet I'm failing to see how this is helping you achieve your goal.
    It is helpful..trust me

I'm not sure Brad cares about your 50 wonderful marketing ideas, as its HIS company and he is designer and innovator first, marketer and business man second. As he is still in the prototype stage how is him wasting development time talking to green groups help him get the engine finished - something you think is already taking too long?

WRONG IT's not his company it belongs to 1600 shareholders...and they got him there with their money and their sweat so dont lecture me

You are a fool, talking to green groups will help immensely, you are obviously too stupid to understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    How many people are privy to this?
    Who decides on this list?
    What formal associations does this group have with key government legislators and key stakeholders
    What ranking were you in the list, number 75? There were a host of other engines well ahead so Brad it is not as green as it gets. Its as brown as it gets!!
    If you bothered to read the list properly instead of trying to find what you think is bad that you can post back you will see that many of the so called engines are actually motors (Running off produced power, not producing power and should have been labeled as such. They probably have aspirations that one day they will be engines. Two of them are external combustion engines and the only real live engine was the Crower 6 stroke engine which is feeding water into the cylinder of the extra two strokes. Maybe useful if they can pull it off but introducing water into an unfiring cylinder may cause lubrication problems in the long term. Our engine seems to be the only real alternative engine other than maybe the Crower 6 stroke.

We are strategically working through the manufacturers that will bring the technology to fruition earliest and who have the ability to manufacture the engine or has the manufacturing volumes to make it viable to manufacture for them.

I shouldn't be your only strategy there is so much more you should do!!
    Who said it was our only strategy? I said we were strategically working through the manufacturers not that this was our only strategy.

Big deal, are they going to sign you up on a 250,000upa volume deal?? nope, will they help you get there, maybe a little...
    We were talking marketing. Is any marketing going to ensure a 250,000pa deal. No. Siemens are volunteering to promote us on many aspects of their business with little input from us. Will the marketing help. Probably. So why criticize it? Every bit of exposure helps.

If you want to point any fingers for the share price look at the shareholders who are selling, and as the price strengthens they sell again. I'm in escrow and not selling. Even if I could I wouldn't. I can't get involved in the share trading and wont. I have no control over who buys and sells, when or at what price. All I can do is work hard, do the best job I can do, and hope the market responds in the way I hope it will.
    Last edited by revetec; 07-03-2007 at 02:34 AM.

WOnderer, you are either very lacking in running any company OR are actually very devious and are trying to undermine Revetec.

The former has let you get away with me not showing a yellow card, but you've exceeded your "free" limit and I am now concerned you are the latter.

SO, STOP going on about it -- like you said you would.
    ANY more attacks on Revetec or Brad will by ME be considered "personal" and you will get warned.

Consider this a heads-up

PS: You clearly have NO knowledge of PR or marketing tho. Siemens ( at least get the spelling right !! ) will get the Revetec image in front of millions of influential ( real ones, not wannabees ) engineers, managers and investors. It's an astute move and one that major multinationals usualy work hard to get ( I've had special developments done and paid to get articles and images included in professional journals before )

Clearly you have an agenda. At least be adult enough to state it publicly. Who are you employed by and do you hold shares in Revetec or a competitor ? Otherwise I feel a permanent ban may be necessary as you are perhaps using UCP for industrial espionage or market manipulation - both illegal activities

Brad, personally (again) I woudl recommend putting Wonderer in your ignore list and avoid these "discussions" as I woudl be concerned how this person is portraying you and Revetec based on them !!! Clearly their is spin being applied
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

You are a fool, talking to green groups will help immensely, you are obviously too stupid to understand this.
    Clearly not as much as you in failing to comprehend the point made.

STOP personal abuse --- NOW!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Guys, are you serious, yep at 5 cents a share he is doing a marvelous job. Well done Brad, continue and the shares will drop to 3 cents. Fantastic job...brilliant
    As they used to be 3c I'm thinking that at 5c he has improved the share price to 166% or previous value - and thats not to bad a performance in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer
    WRONG IT's not his company it belongs to 1600 shareholders...and they got him there with their money and their sweat so dont lecture me
    As an active investor in several companies and starting several others of my own I'll always defer a technical matter to those who know the field the best - the inventor of the technology. That person may not always be the best marketer, nor CEO, but with a company like Revetech they are still the best placed to run the show. As a passive investor there is no sweat involved on the part of the investor, all of whom will have gone in with open eyes as to the possibilities of both success and failure in their investment. If they don't like it then they should sell their share holding - something you seem very eager to encourage. Is this through your relationship to Toyota Australia that you don't seem in a hurry to divulge? Maybe you need to learn about both appropriate disclosure and share market fundamentals, or the lectures will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer
    How will this help immensely? Brad is already struggling to find enough hours in his day, and you criticise him for this - yet you want him to waste more time dealing with green groups? I've dealt with green groups in the past - they are slower and more tricky to negotiate than Govt. comities and a total time waste at this stage of development in my experience. Not sure where you develop your reasoning from, but explanations rather than insults online will get you a much better hearing - unless that is not at all what you want.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Been reading this discussion for ages and decided to join to make a post as well, seems like everyone has an opinion and that Revetec is quite willing to repsond, so here is mine:

First a fact:
    The Honda Jazz engine:
    The 1.3L I-Dsi engine, incorporating a single over head cam and no variable valve timing, punches out 61kW at 5700rpm and 119Nm of torque at 2800rpm.

How much torque is your 1.38l (1.4L)engine making at 2800rpm and how many kw's at 5700rpm? Btw how high does it rev?

VERY IMPORTANT! - Where are the BSFC figures?

Btw lots of 4 stroke engines are putting out BMEP figures of over 200psi some very short life engines as high as 220+psi. Until your motor turns over 100 000km's then we should assume it is in the same category as a race motor, let's face it you have near F1 stroke/bore ratios in there and I don't think anyone who knows a little bit about engines really believe that your pistons and valvetrain is running at a true 3700rpm and producing those figures. 11000rpm is what the pistons and valvetrain are seeing no doubt about that, this engine must surely suck up fuel and produce poor BSFC figures, if I am wrong please post your BSFC plots. You can mess around with BMEP figures because your shaft speed and piston speeds are not the same, put a 1/2 gear on any motor measure tq on that gear and you instantly get double BMEP figures, you sir need to devide your BMEP figures by 3 to get the actual result since you are firing 3 times more per rpm than a normal 4 stroke engine same compensation you have to do with a 2 stroke motor, devide BMEP by 2.

FYI 2L Honda Type-R motors in 2002 did around 11.9Bar BMEP, very high for production engines!
    Last edited by jrobson; 07-03-2007 at 06:25 AM.

welcome, jr.

Please understand that Revetec has been posting info to those of us here who do know about engines and systems. You will be fortunate to get the answers you are requesting as they give too much away to possible competition. We've not signed NDAs so have no rights to get the numbers.

We have had inputs to an unusual fuelling strategy which is at odds with "standard" expectations, so I can understand why you think it sucks fuel for poor BSFCs

Be patient ( don't be like some others who think they have a "right" to be told )

PS: and to Wonderer ... shareholders are NOT "entitled" to technical information in a company. Only that info that can be given publicly OR is specifically requested and an agreed NDA signed !!!!!

Why would Revetech want to match a completely different engine types power and torque values at the revs that engine excels at?

If the Revetech engine can produce figures that either match or exceed these for power and torque then the gearbox and final drive rations can match that to whatever road speed is needed. This will also apply to max revs - why does it matter?
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Sadly that wouldn't work due to my own profiling of Brad. I read over the comments he has posted on this and may other forums and was convinced he would not respond.
    So you didn't even try?

What kind of world do you live in? You dont get results from private messages, you get it in the open air and make a big deal about it.
    So, just now, instead of emailing some confidential material directly to a client, I should have posted it here?

What kind of world do you live in, where you think making judgements about how someone might react, rather than actually finding out what their response would be is a professional attitude?

This is not my goal and I apologise if this is how I have portrayed myself.
    There is no point apologising if you intend to continue to be derisive and derogatory about the people involved in the company.

My freind it does affect me directly becuase this technology ha steh potential to save our enviornment
    I can think of more useful ways of "saving the environment" than slagging people off on the internet, if it matters that much to you.

Try putting up some solar panels on your roof, for example.

all who agree say "I"
    It's "aye".

Given the respective attitudes displayed in this thread, if I had to invest in Revtec or whomever you work for, my money would be firmly invested in the former.
    Thanks for all the fish

Hello All,
    What a battle it is to read through all the ego's within this discussion; I have been following it for some time. Some really difficult and negative questions and statements have flowed freely across my screen, having been posted by some very special people, and I have to congratulate Brad on how he has handled such difficult [expletive]'s, always in a polite and proffessional manner. To date, I can still count the people that should never speak again on both hands. The great majority of people seem to be happy and genuinely interested in the whole Revetec concept, it is unfortunate that the ones who speak most, are the ones who should speak least, thus drowning out and possibly corrupting those happy minds. I did manage to get a good laugh out of old mates flying machine though But anyway, I await the day when I can buy a car powered by a Revetec and zoom around the Gold Coast streets. But until then, I will continue to watch, read, and buy shares :P And one quick one for Brad; is there any chance of one day popping down to the factory and getting a little tour, it would be cool as.

Keep it happy and positive people! 'Cause you don't know where you'll be tomorrow.

So... revtec, what cars have you tested the engine in? Or are you still in the development stage?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thanks for all the comments. I'm sick with the flu today and at home, frustrating because I hate sitting around and resting. I'm actually watching a program on Foxtel National Geo Channel called China's Driving Dreams. Geely who we are talking to are the leading part of the program. If you can see a replay it's well worth it.

We have trialed an engine in a clients trike. GTM trikes have signed an agreement to supply engines to them (This is on our website), so part of our development of the X4 is also with GTM trikes.

Quote Originally Posted by revetec View Post
    Thanks for all the comments. I'm sick with the flu today and at home, frustrating because I hate sitting around and resting. I'm actually watching a program on Foxtel National Geo Channel called China's Driving Dreams. Geely who we are talking to are the leading part of the program. If you can see a replay it's well worth it.
    Hi Brad - what a coincidence that you happen to be home and this particular program pops up.

Here are the details of the next screening for those interested.

CHINA'S DRIVING DREAMS

Channel 612 - National Geographic
    Next Screening: Sat 7th July, 1:00pm
    Duration: 60 minutes

Cars are racing into China, changing the economy and offering dreams of a better life.
    But as roads clog and pollution worsens some Chinese auto-makers plan to flood the global market with cheap cars.

Thank you, I won't post much more and add negative posts to this thread, while I am sceptical I also believe that anything is possible. I will be very happy to be proved wrong as well.

I don't mean to sound negative, to answer your question I asked for the figures because earlier in this thread it was posted that the engine is doing 3 times the torque at same RPM's than a normal engine, so what are the tq figures of the 1.38l vs the 1.3l honda motor at same rpm certainly not 3x, the reason for asking the hp at 5700rpm is because the engine can not rev that high because the pistons and valvetrain are seeing 3 times that even though Revetec claims this is not the case.

If you believe that a 4 cylinder 1.4l engine with a stroke of 50mm is making 140nm torque at a true 3700rpm all the power to you. The reason a lot of us are suspicious about the figures and calculations is because there are many and I mean many "new" engine idea scams out there and even the ideas that look good on paper ex: Revetec, Randcam etc doesn't always work out so well in practise. The quickest way to see how efficient the motor actually is is to calculate BSFC figures, it is misleading the post BMEP figures because you can fake those and as I said before some NA production motors do 11.9Bar, for instance a rotary engine will have huge BMEP figures compared to a conventional engine until you compensate correctly but look at the BSFC figures and it's another story no need to compensate for those they can't be messed with. The world doesn't need a engine with a better power to weight ratio we need more efficient engines.

I don't see why BSFC figures would be secret? Unless they are rather poor and will instantly stall all funding to the project.

Thank you to Revetec for taking part in online forum discussions, I hope to be proved wrong.

Thread Information