Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Ferrari is this?

The world's most expensive car hasen't even been sold, it is figured by its insurance policy, which is the first (or one of the first) Rolls Royce Silver Ghosts which is insured for over $40 million, so yeah it'd have to be quite a car to want $30 million.

Wouter and Pawel are both absolutely right - there are no official recordings of private sales. I have a protegé who is presently acquiring a Guarneri del Gèsu
    for several million USD but this price will never be made public.

Same with cars - the top issues are always sold privately, you will never learn the actual salesprice unless you will be told by the people in volved.

There was ever a small museum in the town of Sarlat, Dordogne, France, where you could find sceneries of how they (?) found cars. They copied the scenery where they found the car.
    A very early Ferrari, driven by Juan Manuel Fangio, of course unrestored, was
    shown among many other treasures like Bugatti, Delahaye, Voisin and many others.

Of course, thise cars have gone to new owners. Cars with an extreme high history value.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    You are talking about auctions. Most cars of this value are sold outside of auctions. A 250 GTO is currently worth 10-12 million. Rare stuff like a Royale or a Atlantic could be well north of that figure right now.
    Of course I'm talking about auctions. Those are the only prices that are made public. There might be cars that are sold privately for more, but I have no way to verify it.
    And I don't think that you can sell a car today for an eight-figure price. Remember that the Royale record holder mentioned by me was sold during the late 80s madness on the market. The situation is of course better now than in the 90s, but still cars are sold for less than in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by D'ARTOIS
    I have a protegé who is presently acquiring a Guarneri del Gèsu for several million USD
    OK... I can understand paying such a price for a car... Hardly, but I can... But for a piece of wood with a few strings
    Last edited by go.pawel; 11-10-2006 at 01:54 PM.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel
    OK... I can understand paying such a price for a car... Hardly, but I can... But for a piece of wood with a few strings
    Almost everyone likes music. Music changes worlds, moves people and has done for a long time. Instruments to music lovers are like relics to religious people. Except you can put a price on instruments

Thread Information