Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Euro cars are better?

We've had 2 Audi A6's since 1999. Both relieable. The first was a 1999 C5 A6 saloon (QUIGGS!!) 1.8T. The only problems were back in 2005 when the car had done 110,000miles. The ABS pump broke and the MAF too, both replaced, the first costing £1,000... After this no more problems before we sold it 2months later... These problems probably occured only becuase the car had skipped the past 2 yrs servicing... the current one is a C6 A6 Saloon 2.4-V6 SE, no problems as far apart from the MMI has started rejecting the CD player, TV & DVD-Satelite Navigation...

We also have a 1993 Mazda 323 LXi 1.3 16-valve 3door. It only ever gets used about once every 3months. Starts first time all the time, the only things that have been replaced in its life are tyres, exhausts & batteries.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    with good reason...every owned one? they are absolute shit. Sure they are nice, good fit/finish, but the second the warranty ends, DUMP IT.

My mom had her E-430 for...4 years (from new)? and a week after the warranty ended the power steering went out, a few weeks later i think the a/c went out, and she sold it, then the poor guy who bought it had to spend some ridiculous amount on a new trans ($7,000? i forget)

So, thus I refer anyone looking for anything german, to Porsche, Audi and VW.
    we had an ML for 6 years... never had anything gone wrong. in fact, we've had numerous Mercedes Benz in our family, can't remember a single one which has been unreliable. within the last 7 years. E-Class (old), ML, and two S500s (new and old) and numerous mercs before that... nothing which had any problems.

Oh, and the A-Class was the most reliable car in Germany last year wasn't it?
    Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 11-11-2006 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer
    we had an ML for 6 years... never had anything gone wrong. in fact, we've had numerous Mercedes Benz in our family, can't remember a single one which has been unreliable.

Oh, and the A-Class was the most reliable car in Germany last year wasn't it?
    My ex-girlfriends Dad used to drive an ML500 and it was crap other than the sound. No offence. Now he drives the new ML320CDI-Sport with every option under the sun and nice 19inch AMG wheels
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

well... consumer reports only cares about the pragmatic aspects, not the driving part. They gave the Lotus Elise low marks because it was uncomfortable and rough, but at least they gave it credit for it's sportiness.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

If I were buying a toaster, I'd read CR. If I were buying a car, I'd read R&T, C&D, TCL.net, and any other car forum I could find.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    what is "predicted" reliability?
    Since its a survey I would say its what people percive which would be the result of their bias. So this is meaningless since its not based on fact.

Also since when is a 4-cyl camry a sports car.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Are euro cars better ? I feel it is upto personal taste. In general they are a bit more advanced,so you can expect more stuff to break. MB have had an awful reputation in the last few years,so no wonder they are in there IIRC the european statistics all show Renaults break down the most

Funny how all the really nice expensive cars are the ones that suck so much. I'm wondering if its because of their prestigious names that they don't think they have to put any effort into making their cars bullet proof because they sell themselves anyway, or if its just the excessive amount of electronic gizmos that they are packed with that tend to fail, giving the cars a bad reliability grade overall. Its sad to see VW go down the tube, I'm not ready to accept that quite yet.

I personally have sworn to hate 99.99999998% of all cars that come out of America, and Asia ain't doing to well in my books..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Euro>Japan>America

To CR, the 4-cyl Camry is as fast and sporty as it gets

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    Funny how all the really nice expensive cars are the ones that suck so much. I'm wondering if its because of their prestigious names that they don't think they have to put any effort into making their cars bullet proof because they sell themselves anyway, or if its just the excessive amount of electronic gizmos that they are packed with that tend to fail, giving the cars a bad reliability grade overall. Its sad to see VW go down the tube, I'm not ready to accept that quite yet.
    Bingo.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

i prefer euro cars.thease japanese cars are just like toys.how can u compare a mercedes or porsche or bmw to honda or nissan or whaterver..this is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by rfekm
    i prefer euro cars.thease japanese cars are just like toys.how can u compare a mercedes or porsche or bmw to honda or nissan or whaterver..this is ridiculous
    well.... Would you rather have a Lexus or a Mercedes that fell apart every 3 months?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    well.... Would you rather have a Lexus or a Mercedes that fell apart every 3 months?
    A BMW...
    Stop with all the damn biased analogies.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    Well somebody's got to be the first to try a new innovation, new system etc. People bitch and moan about reliability now, but do they consider the car they drive now had alot of their systems pioneered by someone else ages ago?
    I am the Stig

Thread Information