Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation 3 Launch

The Playstation 3 Launch

We'll obviously the PS3 has had the most amount of console hype ever ever, so I think it's appropriate that we make a single thread all about the PS3 launch. This would include things like people who are going to buy one, what games will they buy, will they sell it on ebay, etc etc.

Anything about PS3 launch goes here.

EDIT: if you've got pictures of people waiting in line way early, or if you take pictures of your own PS3 at home, put em here. Review the PS3 as a system here as well.

3 more days
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

pssh, I saw this at the Sony Metreon, heck, at 3PM, there wasn't a line but I wanted to watch a movie so I gave up the opportunity of a lifetime. STUPID STUPID (bangs head)
    But I made up for that by testing the new Karaoke game by singing Bloc Party
    But the graphics were NICE, like XBOX 360 nice.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    But the graphics were NICE, like XBOX 360 nice.
    Yet again I wish we had that smiley that laughs hysterically and slaps its hand on the ground. Some people say it doesn't compare, and others say its just the same which to believe? I guess I will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Yet again I wish we had that smiley that laughs hysterically and slaps its hand on the ground. Some people say it doesn't compare, and others say its just the same which to believe? I guess I will have to wait and see.
    Who cares? Wii FTW PS3 will be nice though...

The Japanese launch sold out 80,000 PS3's in a matter of hours.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I really wanted to reserve one. But buying photography related items kept me from doing it. So, I guess I'll waiting until well into 2007. Anyway, over here in Florida, not many are talking about it. No one from work has said they were getting one either. But, I do think it's still going sell like crazy.

I heard at the Japanese launch, most of the consoles were sold to people who werent gamers, but wanted to make money off re-selling. I saw one on Ebay for a little over $9,000.

God...I mean, lets not get into console wars. Though it seems inevitable. But Wii for the win?
    Dude. PS3 will be more powerful than anything else in existance...Especially that Nintendo. The name makes me shudder.
    When playing Gran Turismo, all I want is power, graphics and lots of cars. PS3 delivers.
    All about the t-tops

All Wii is, is a Gamecube on steroids...

I work Thursday night, so I'm going to take a nap in my car and get in line early for tickets (handed out at 7am), then the store opens at 10. By 1130, it should be on eBay with a BIN of $2,000 US.

Step 1: Get PS3
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Wild profit
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I've read in a few news articles now that some people began lining up 12 days before launch. That's beyond stupidity. That's nearly 2 weeks - CAMPING outside an electronics store.

Quiggs, I would have thought that the staff could cheat the system??
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Eh, we *may* be able to make a box or three "disappear" for a few hours. But it's not likely. I was talking to one of the guys in Media tonight (they handle all the gaming stuff) and if he's working when we get them in, he might try to put a box with the 360's "by accident."
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

ahh, so he can't just buy one before the store opens??
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Aww isnt it sad that when Microsoft Releases Halo 3 on the release date of the Ps3 that the sales are goin to go down.
    No Me Gusta Tu Coche

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman002
    Aww isnt it sad that when Microsoft Releases Halo 3 on the release date of the Ps3 that the sales are goin to go down.
    No. Thats just bullocks.

Halo 3 in all probability, will not be finished in time for the PS3 launch, tried and true bungie will be taking their time with the final installment in the trilogy (or is it? the comics and novels are fantastic). To be honest, Bungie and Microsoft wouldn't be overly worried with releasing a prime game to coincide with the most hyped console for years.

Even IF they released Halo 3 at the same date, I doubt the sales would make a serious dent. A FPS taking on a whole console? It's laughable in the most sincere form.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

All I know is, last night we got another 40 or so 360's, and we already had about 50 in stock. MS is counting on shortages, and people still wanting to buy "something" on Friday.

Plus we're getting almost 90 Wii's.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Eh, we *may* be able to make a box or three "disappear" for a few hours. But it's not likely. I was talking to one of the guys in Media tonight (they handle all the gaming stuff) and if he's working when we get them in, he might try to put a box with the 360's "by accident."
    Hmm, now I have a plan.

I'll go to Best Buy on Thursday Morning and talk to the manager about how many PS3's they're getting and how the whole line thing is going to work. Then, I'm gonna go talk to some dudes that work the whole gaming/console area, and ask who's working the morning shift. Then, I ask how much money it'll take for them to 'accidentally' hide one somewhere.. I'm thinking a 100 dollar tip via secret drug handshake may do the trick.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information