Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation 3 Launch

That's a good idea. Don't be surprised if they've already been offered $100+ for a 'reserve'...

If people are willing to camp for 12 days, I would doubt that bribing the store staff hasn't already been attempted...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    That's a good idea. Don't be surprised if they've already been offered $100+ for a 'reserve'...

If people are willing to camp for 12 days, I would doubt that bribing the store staff hasn't already been attempted...
    Yeah, I took that into consideration.. which is why I have to talk to one of the people working the consoles. I figure the manager will stay tight-lipped but someone that works at best buy part time like Quiggs (<3) might be a little more
    social when $100 or more is on the table.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I've always wondered...how does the shipment system work? Does the store get the systems on Launch day, or the night before, or earlier in the week??

Why can't someone in Quiggs' position just purchase the PS3 before the store even opens. There wouldn't be rules against that, would there?
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I've always wondered...how does the shipment system work? Does the store get the systems on Launch day, or the night before, or earlier in the week??

Why can't someone in Quiggs' position just purchase the PS3 before the store even opens. There wouldn't be rules against that, would there?
    I'm sure it breaks some kind of law, especially when you take into account the lines of people camping outside teh storez.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

If it wasn't disallowed, I would love to see the look on the faces of those who have camped out for a week, when they look through the glass and see employees buying PS3s before trading hours begin. That would be priceless. It'd prolly start a riot! Hard core gamers using their tent pegs to break through the glass and massacre the staff......
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

i got the confirm today that the line for ps3 is inside walmart, which is nice since last year it was freezing all night

oh and i also played the ps3 today, and it was very disappointing

the new controller feels great in hand, the new triggers are great, but the games were really not great at all, sure they were launch titles, but thats wasnt even 360 graphics, id say slightly below

btw i played nba 07 and motostorm...that offroad racing game...both looked not nearly as good as racing and sport games ive played on 360 or even pc

but they are launch titles, cant expect much
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

If it wasn't disallowed, I would love to see the look on the faces of those who have camped out for a week, when they look through the glass and see employees buying PS3s before trading hours begin. That would be priceless. It'd prolly start a riot! Hard core gamers using their tent pegs to break through the glass and massacre the staff......
    Funny you mention that, when the PS2 first came out, certain workers at I believe the Sony Metreon or some other game store were able to purchase PS2s before the store opened. Some bought several, I was told.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

For the people trying to bribe the BB workers, it doesn't work. I garauntee you that as soon as that shipment of ps3's come in BB knows exactly how many they have. From there they hand out tickets to buy the system. And the only person able to hand out those tickets is the store manager. Atleast that's how it worked for the 360 when i got that and im sure BB has a policy with new release consoles.

Yeah, the Wii isn't as powerful as the PS3 or XBox, but the price point could possibly make it popular with parents. In addition, Nintendo has a large amount of easily recognizable games- Mario, Metroid Prime, Donkey Kong, and especially Zelda. Plus, with the ability to download older games, I might even think about buying a Wii.

I don't understand people saying the Wii is just a Gamecube on steroids. Couldn't you just say the exact same thing about the PS3, or the 360? That's all next-gen consoles really are, we buy them because their shiny and new and that's the only way to get the new games we want. It's kind of a rip off by manufacturers when you think about it, but at least it's only every 3 to 4 years it happens while you have to upgrade a PC constantly to play the newest games with the best graphics. (PC HATIN LOL)

I'll probably get a Wii, simply because it's the cheapest. The 360 has more games I want then the Wii but I don't feel like coughing up 550$ (they charge for the wifi connector and online!!!) and the PS3 doesn't have any games I'm interested in (at least until MGS4). At least I might have a chance of grabbing my Wii () since stores are getting tons of them, compared to how many stores have PS3's or had 360's. Plan on going to my local Gamestop and checking out the various demos they have set up soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    I don't understand people saying the Wii is just a Gamecube on steroids. Couldn't you just say the exact same thing about the PS3, or the 360? That's all next-gen consoles really are, we buy them because their shiny and new and that's the only way to get the new games we want. It's kind of a rip off by manufacturers when you think about it, but at least it's only every 3 to 4 years it happens while you have to upgrade a PC constantly to play the newest games with the best graphics. (PC HATIN LOL)

I'll probably get a Wii, simply because it's the cheapest. The 360 has more games I want then the Wii but I don't feel like coughing up 550$ (they charge for the wifi connector and online!!!) and the PS3 doesn't have any games I'm interested in (at least until MGS4). At least I might have a chance of grabbing my Wii () since stores are getting tons of them, compared to how many stores have PS3's or had 360's. Plan on going to my local Gamestop and checking out the various demos they have set up soon though.
    Nicely put and I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    No. Thats just bullocks.

Halo 3 in all probability, will not be finished in time for the PS3 launch, tried and true bungie will be taking their time with the final installment in the trilogy (or is it? the comics and novels are fantastic). To be honest, Bungie and Microsoft wouldn't be overly worried with releasing a prime game to coincide with the most hyped console for years.

Even IF they released Halo 3 at the same date, I doubt the sales would make a serious dent. A FPS taking on a whole console? It's laughable in the most sincere form.
    I think you missed Birdman's sarcasm because of MS saying Halo 3 could take sells away if they released it on the PS3 launch day which was a bunch of bullocks to begin with.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I called the Best Buy near my house in Paramus. At first, he said he has no idea, so I called BS, so he asked his manager. Then, he put the manager on and he said 40-60 PS3's, none of which are pre-reserved. Since I wasn't yet satisfied, I asked him for an exact number, and after a good amount of business-speak, he told me they're getting 52.

As of right now, the cops keep kicking out the people camping in line, so I may have teh chancez 2 g3tz da ps3.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I called the Best Buy near my house in Paramus. At first, he said he has no idea, so I called BS, so he asked his manager. Then, he put the manager on and he said 40-60 PS3's, none of which are pre-reserved. Since I wasn't yet satisfied, I asked him for an exact number, and after a good amount of business-speak, he told me they're getting 52.

As of right now, the cops keep kicking out the people camping in line, so I may have teh chancez 2 g3tz da ps3.

You put your mom on the phone didn't you?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    You put your mom on the phone didn't you?
    You are too kind, asshole.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information