Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation 3 Launch

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE

*bows down* I am not worthy..lol nah can't wait to play the fourth installement.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    So. I get to work today. There's dorks in tents. I'm like, wow you people need lives. It's going to rain tomorrow. Laugh.

And as of right now we only have 24 consoles. The 14 base systems have yet to show. Laugh.

I really want to hand out tickets Friday morning. "And here you go, #23. Here's yours, #24. #25, yours is- oh wait WE DON'T HAVE ANY MORE!!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!" Laugh.
    can you please do that and video his face... please?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quite a line is forming in NYC....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    The first true next generation game we will see it Grand Theft Auto 4. Rockstar are not rushing the development phase to get it out for launch. instead, they got their dev kit August 2005 and won't have the game ready until the end of 2007, October.
    Not really, you would never see much improvement in graphics since the console's first titles because the power is very limited afterwards. There hasn't even been screenshots yet, and GTA is always fun gameplay > quality graphics so I wouldn't expect too much on graphics.

The first true next-gen game, however, will be Crysis, something that consoles can't handle for another half a decade, if not more. Crysis delivers true next-gen graphics and physics all in one package.

As far as I know, PC already has over twice the gaming power as consoles, if not more. 8800GTX SLI > 8800GTX > X1950XTX Crossfire > X1950XTX > PS3 > X360, graphically. (SLI/Crossfire are dual card setups in case you wonder.) On top of that, the first quad-core processor is out, with more quad-cores to follow. Even when it comes to sound we've got the superior X-Fi.

Games on PS3 and X360 can never be truly next-gen.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

My friends next-door/across the lawn here at Slutgers are getting the 60-gig PS3's for sure. If I didn't have an exam tonight and then tomorrow morning (how about that for great timing) then I'd be getting one too.

They have places 11 through 15 in line at Best Buy in East Brunswick, NJ, and the guy who works the games department there told me they're getting at least 22 60-gig PS3's, and 6 20-giggers. I= lose.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Not really, you would never see much improvement in graphics since the console's first titles because the power is very limited afterwards. There hasn't even been screenshots yet, and GTA is always fun gameplay > quality graphics so I wouldn't expect too much on graphics.
    I would have to strongly disagree with you there. I don't know how you came to that conclusion, but the graphics always increase dramatically after first cycle. The games you see right now on the PS3 are pretty much current generation standard. That's what many reviews have concluded. You will begin to see true next games around 1 - 2 years after the first titles.

They aren't limited in power at all after the first titles. Right now, the PS3 launch titles are hardly using the power the PS3 can provide. The first time they program for a machine it is always sloppy. They need to get to grips with the system, then they start getting a whole heap better.

Have a look at the first PS2 games - they were garbage. It's only until GTA3 came, that things started to look 'next gen' in those days. And now look at GTA3, it's hardly next gen, graphically. The GTA series revolutionised the PS2 gameplay. GTA is in no way gameplay over graphics. San Andreas looks dated now, but when it came out it was fine. You watch, GTA4 will show you the first bits and peices of what the PS3/ 360 are really made of. Alot of gamers are waiting for GTA4 as the true next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Crap
    Games on PS3 and X360 can never be truly next-gen.
    Maybe, but the library shits all over what the PC has. Plus, you PC fans don't get GTA until an extended period of time. Oh, and we have Blu Ray, so PS3 > PC in terms of content in the game
    Last edited by adrenaline; 11-16-2006 at 06:09 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I could proberly walk down and pick one up, don't know why they rush
    .................................................................................:ĤBack AgainĤ:.................................................................................

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/11/10/ps..._burbank_line/

WTF, some guy quitted his job to wait in line. Another one is using money that he was going to spend on an engagement ring! Watch the video, it says some of them don't even know if they're going to get one.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    The first true next-gen game, however, will be Crysis, something that consoles can't handle for another half a decade, if not more. Crysis delivers true next-gen graphics and physics all in one package.
    I almost crapped my pants when I saw some of things they have going in crysis, Volumetric clouds, real time ambient maps, soft shadows, depth of field and motion blur. Don't see how anything below a dx10 card could run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenline
    GTA is in no way gameplay over graphics
    Please till me your joking, compared to other games that were released at the same time it has medium level graphics, adequet but not revolutional. you even said yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenline
    The GTA series revolutionised the PS2 gameplay
    Don't get me wrong its a great game but that more to do with the gameplay than graphics.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Quote Originally Posted by syko
    Please till me your joking, compared to other games that were released at the same time it has medium level graphics, adequet but not revolutional. you even said yourself. Don't get me wrong its a great game but that more to do with the gameplay than graphics.
    San Andreas, Vice city were merely advancing on GTA3. I am very serious, and so are many others, when I say GTA3 revolutionised gaming on the PS2, with a whole world of 3D. At the time is was an amazing feat, graphically.

"Grand Theft Auto 3 signified the major jump to 3D for the Grand Theft auto series, and has revolutionized the industry in every way possible."

If you google "GTA3 revolutionised", you get thousands of results - All saying the same thing.

http://www.google.com/search?q=gta3+...e=utf8&oe=utf8

Count how many times it says GTA3 revolutionised the whole gaming industry. In a way it did. The GTA series is one of the biggest, if not the biggest console gaming franchise today.

San Andreas wan't the best graphically, I will admit, but it was one of a kind and nobody could - and still can't - match it.

EDIT:

Actually, the majority of the results come to the conclusion that it revolutionised the industry.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 11-16-2006 at 07:22 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

alright boys this is it, D-day has finally come

ive got a short class this morning then im heading over to walmart...2 minutes away

when i get there i will be 13 hrs before launch..hopefully that will be good enough...if not i will use plan B, which is best buy, they aren't allowing any lines until 11 pm tonight, so all i have to do is show up at 10:50 and wait till 11 then run my ace off towards the door...thats the new Best Buy policy in arizona anyways

wish me luck!
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I'm pretty sure all the BB's have been letting people sit out since at least this morning. The memo we got yesterday said 24 hours before tickets would be given out, which is 7am. You may be too late.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    I could proberly walk down and pick one up, don't know why they rush
    Damnit, damn you and your networks

Or are you really that strong you just push everyone out of the way? lol.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    I'm pretty sure all the BB's have been letting people sit out since at least this morning. The memo we got yesterday said 24 hours before tickets would be given out, which is 7am. You may be too late.
    no im positive about my bb, my best friend works there and is waiting in line their tonight...so i might have to join him if plan A doesnt work out
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Good luck then.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information