Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first kilomters with my new license !!!

Woo, go wild!!

Maybe you can drive to America with a construction team and show them how to do it the Dutch way

This might be worthy of your chocolate medallion, at last. But I might pull a 6speed and say that my uncle has it and won't give it to me... we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    You don't get your liscense till your 19? Or did you get it revoked and are now getting it back? Please, excuse my ignorance.
    we have to be 18 (as well as everywhere in Europe) to be allowed behind the wheel of a (potential) killing machine....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

you can drive in a simulator when you're 17, but can drive for real when you're 18. it can be done in a few days if you did the simulator first.

I didn't, I had 3 'lessons' a week for 3 months or so, but I got it after that

congrats to you, try to keep it
    Driver for the Team Ultimatecarpage.competition GTR Evolution racing team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    You don't get your liscense till your 19? Or did you get it revoked and are now getting it back? Please, excuse my ignorance.
    As henk4 allready said Dutch legislation states we have to be 18. When i was just 18 i had not saved enough money for my lessons(yet). I worked my arse off for the large amunt of money and started late last december. I did one lessons every two weeks,to keep the money-flow going properly Then i had a month of final exam stress(little or no driving),holidays for 3 weeks and many more... I failed my first two exams on stupid reasons and this was the third !!! If you need the exact reasons i'll be happy to explain them but i am too lazy to type it now

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_fan
    Drakkie looks like a DJ
    That is called the bad hang-over look

the picture is also attached very poorly,it is moved and part of my hair has fallen off Damn co-workers at town hall

EDIT: atleast my hair is still there and WILL come back Some of us cant say that

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    can you give an indication where and at what time?
    Well i partied a little bit too hard last night Unless i get completely sober again now i dotn think i am allowed to drive I might get pretty close to the 0.2 promillage right now. My liver wont have broken down that much alcohol yet (IIRC 16 or 17 beers there and two rum-cola and 0.2 litres of pure rum before we even left )
    Last edited by drakkie; 11-19-2006 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Well i partied a little bit too hard last night Unless i get completely sober again now i dotn think i am allowed to drive I might get pretty close to the 0.2 promillage right now. My liver wont have broken down that much alcohol yet (IIRC 16 or 17 beers there and two rum-cola and 0.2 litres of pure rum before we even left )
    I just had a trouble free run via Oostvoorne and Rockanje...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

drakkie, once again props man! There isn't much of a better feeling than getting your wheels for the first time! I got my liscence 2 years ago and have had a blast ever since! Rock on in Oostvoorne!

omg 18. im glad the US is completly retarded. In indiana you have to be 16, 15 for a permit. With a age limit like that im sure far less americans would die each year. Except for the smokers.

Congrats on the license.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Congratulations drakkie.

Do not drive off the side of any Dutch dykes. Cars cannot swim.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Congrats on the liscence, why cover up your details? haha scared someone may stalk you :P
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

data protection, drug dealers on here you know...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...?t=5267&page=9
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I just had a trouble free run via Oostvoorne and Rockanje...
    You should stop by once for a good old cup of coffee

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    You should stop by once for a good old cup of coffee
    we had guests...

Good job and congrats. From now on you will really learn to drive if you do it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_20v
    Good job and congrats. From now on you will really learn to drive if you do it regularly.
    my brother once said: Het is de officiele permissie voor het veroorzaken van dood door schuld

henk4, I agree wholeheartedly with what your brother said, regardless of my ability to understand the Dutch language.

Thread Information