Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OH F**K moments, when you damage your own car

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    lol u r teh sux!!!11!1

No damage was done in any of these incidents, but when I'm not driving the Golf for whatever reason (normally it's broken or something), I have to drive the Cougar. Now, I've driven almost exclusively stick since the day I got my permit. But on these rare occasions where I'm in the Cougar, I have a tendency when coming to stop signs to push the clutch in. On an automatic. This usually results in nose dive and my head almost bouncing off the steering wheel. I'm waiting for the day when I do it and someone not paying attention rear ends me.

Automatic transmissions = dangerous and should be outlawed.
    Do you drive with your left foot on the brake or something? Shouldn't your left be on the floor away from the brake anyway when your driving the auto?

People who can't drive well = dangerous and should be outlawed

No, it was just instinct that, I was coming to a stop, and I needed to hit the clutch. And clutch pedal in an auto = overly wide brake pedal.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    Well one night I was driving my car down a nice icy country road and started to brake, but my car doesn't have ABS so my brakes proceded to lock up and I went into a ditch. Damage turned out to be $0 and my friend pulled me out.

Another time I drove my car around in a grassy area and decided I wanted to try to ramp off of a small bump, needless to say my car didn't have enough clearance and it bottomed out. Luckily nothing was wrong except for a chunk of grass was off the ground and stuck to the underside of my car.
    <33333
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMan22
    <33333
    Haha and you were worried about hitting a road sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    No, it was just instinct that, I was coming to a stop, and I needed to hit the clutch. And clutch pedal in an auto = overly wide brake pedal.
    Yeah, I've done that coming down the drive towards the garage in my friends Step-mum's '98 Mercedes CLK320, I've only ever driven manuals before that.
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 05-21-2007 at 11:48 AM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Yeah, I've done that coming down the drive towards the garage in my friends Step-mum's '98 Mercedes CLK240, I've only ever driven manuals before that.
    That also happened to me at first when I drove my uncle's Audi A6 3.2 Quattro. While reversing at very low speed I instinctively used the the left foot to brake which resulted in a pair violent stops...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I have no problem switching from our scion tc (5 speed) to the solara, or even my blazer. I do know a couple people who act like thier automatics are manuals. They let off the gas when they feel it about to shift, tap the brake, then after shifting they floor it. I laugh
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    That also happened to me at first when I drove my uncle's Audi A6 3.2 Quattro. While reversing at very low speed I instinctively used the the left foot to brake which resulted in a pair violent stops...
    Brakes are pretty hard to get used to on automatics at first, I still can't stop or move away without it being jerky, in a manual it's easy.

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMan22
    I have no problem switching from our scion tc (5 speed) to the solara, or even my blazer. I do know a couple people who act like thier automatics are manuals. They let off the gas when they feel it about to shift, tap the brake, then after shifting they floor it. I laugh
    Your used to it though.

I notice your bus has gone...

Motion & Emotion

It occured to me to try my wheelspanner on my new mags and found it didn't fit. No problem, I took myself off to a Midas auto shop to buy a no 19 socket. I had to negotiate a tricky reverse parking outside Midas and was rewarded with a SKRkkk sound.

Yup, I caught the front, passenger side mag on the curb!

Half an hour with some waterpaper got rid of the scratches and another half hour of polishing got the shine back. I invited Terry out to see if she could find the damaged spot but she couldn't, until I pulled the car into the garage and switched on the fluorescents, then she saw it as a 'watermark'. Maybe a mag repair place can match the coating, but at least it's hard to see.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Didn't you just buy those?

Excuse me, but bwahahahaha.

good to see terry's up and about, also
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Didn't you just buy those?
    Excuse me, but bwahahahaha.
    Hmph! *mumble mumble mumble*
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

rofl, my worst so far is sliding off the road from an all together less then perfect drift..

it was fine till i hit the off camber bump

all it did was get the car dirty and a tiny little crack in the fibreglass bumper
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

just ripped half my rear bar off the other day, i lowered the car with some springs to sell it for cheaper (took out my coilovers) and wouldnt you know it, caught on a gutter and pulled out two screws.
    The Datto will rage again...

I'm pretty lucky i haven't really damaged the car doing something i shouldn't have, Well maybe once i got shitty with the car and punched the bonnet lucky i changed it. But if this was push bike story's i'd have plenty to tell.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information