Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OH F**K moments, when you damage your own car

Tell the story about when you drifted the Bonneville around that offramp!
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I was 17 at the time and after working at my old pizza delivery job for a little over a month it had pretty much become routine, you know make toppings for pizza, cooks bake pizza, I deliver pizza. So I'm off to start another delivery in my mom's V8 Explorer (probably the worst delivery vehicle in existance as it ate the $0.20 /km allowance in gas alone) and I notice a rather hot girl walking across the parking lot so I'm paying more attention to her than to my backing out of my parking spot. I feel a bump, figure whatever I was close to the curb I'll just reverse over it and get out. I reverse still eyeing this girl and start out on my way when I notice that she's looking at me oddly, this is when it dawns on me that I had been straight reversing and not turning in my spot and onto the curb. I race the couple hundred meters back to where I had been parked and I discover that I've managed to push my bosses (and store owner's) car half way out of its parking spot behind me and there is a great bloody dent where the trailer hitch had ridden up the front grill and over the hood. All that is running through my head was one phrase repeating of "Oh God I'm fired Oh God I'm fired etc etc" I slink back in and tell the owner that I've just destroyed the front of his car and probably damaged the transmission (I procefully making a car reverse while it's in 1st gear with the parking brake on is bad for it). He come out takes a look and says, "I didn't like my car anyways my wife did, now I can get a new one, thanks." He never claimed insurance or anything, he just sold that car and bought himself a TSX I think and never said anythign about it again. Yeah my boss was a cool guy.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

This didn't happen to my own car, but about 7 years ago when I was in gr6 I got into an argument with my mom on the way home from school for whatever reason. I was furious, so when we pulled into the garage and I got out of the car, I decided to slam the door shut with my stainless steel trumpet case. That did not go over very well.

We had had the new Audi for about 2 weeks and my Mum backed into the drive down the left hand side fence, scraping a load of paint off the bumper, she then denied all chages claiming it must've been a super-market trolley in a carpark until I found a trail of silver paint up the fence. Damn that was funny, but back to my Mum. LIIAAAARRRR!!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

I just crashed my ninja zx-6r 10 minutes ago coming home from university. I was going down the street (on campus) and i seen this jogger that was about to cross on the crosswalk thats IN the turn i was about to take and she looked at me but then kept jogging maknig her way to the edge of the crosswalk not seeming to slow down so i assumed she didnt see me so i started to brake (gently just enough to slow down to a crawl) when the next thing i noticed was that my bike went to the left and my face smashed the ground head on. So i jumped up right away and was jsut like wow, im ok. and then me and her had a talk while my biek lay in the 3-way intersection and then i finally moved it. I guess it was too cold out and the tires were cold too so possibly not that much grip, plus i was already starting to turn in when i braked which is why the bike went to my left cause it kept going straight. All in all, mirror smashed, steerings a bit off, handlebars scratched, brake lever(front) broke in two and the entire side of the body is scrapped along with the D&D exhaust. And my elbows hurt like shit. Good thing i was wearing my bike jacket. the pads helped!!!! Now only to tell my brother, since it was both our bike
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

A couple of friends and I went on a bike tour and decided to stop in a town along the way. Taking the curving off-ramp from the highway I noted a truck stopped on the side of the road up at the top of the ramp and a guy waving a towel at the bottom.

We ignored him, took the bend and suddenly friend one went from upright to downright in an instant and slid off the road. A wtf delayed reaction saw friend 2 follow suit and moments later I added myself and my 350 Yamaha to the heap.

Turns out truck-man had dropped a sump-load of oil on the bend and was trying to warn us. Speed was low, nobody was seriously hurt and the bikes were still ridable but when we looked back the guy wasn't shaking his towel anymore, he was shaking his head!
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Tell the story about when you drifted the Bonneville around that offramp!
    Oh yeah, almost forgot about that one!

But, I don't think the world's ready for that story yet.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I have a few gems, but not for now. The people I want to know about them generally do know about them- a couple of exceptions...

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    I must gladly admit that these things didnt happen to me yet in a car

On my bike i had pretty much damage so far:
    - 1300€ last summer when coming on the wrong sideof the road through a blind corner with no hands
    - 500€ last year. I made a long wheelie and fell of me bike right when a van passed me. Two 10cm scrathes on the door...
    - ?€ and a new bike three years ago. A BMW backed out of a driveway,he didnt watch rammed me and i landed on the back/roof. Bike totalled and some bruizes... Luckily i saw the bimmer the next day so i had his license plate. He paid me a new bike and his own damage ncludign a big fine of about 350€
    - many many many more in a kiddo past
    Jesus!

basically the only thing thats happened to me has been my bumper getting ripped off. That was deffinatly a OH F**K moment.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Two come to mind. One is my dad's and the second mine.

1. My dad was backing out of the garage one morning but forgot to open the garage door...half his car (1976 Ford Granada Ghia) drove through the door.

2. Mine...My family and I had lunch at a Chinese restaurant and I went to get the car as they waited by the restaurant ( I always drove when we all went out), I got in the car and started to drive home thinking to myself, "what am I forgetting....." Oh F**K, MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say the weren't amused.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

A friend of mine lived in this house in the hills and the roof of the house come all the way to the floor of the parking area. Usually it was no problem, but when it rained the floor tiles were very slippery. I had previosuly seen her mom struggle getting her Merc out of the garage -it spun helplessly as soon as she hit a small inclination-

Well, I was driving my sisters car (Renault 9) and had less than a year experience ATM, it was wet, and my friend said "watch it, it's wet", but I knew better: I was a driving god! Well, not so. I crashed into the roof, broke some roofing tiles and when I reversed the front bumper fell of the car. We replaced quickly the broken tiles with ones they had in their deposit, "fixed" the bumper, and that was it, nobody noticed a thing. That was until a month later or so that my mom came back with the bumper in the trunk...

This was 18 years ago BTW. And no, she still doesn't know what really happened.

Also, a friend of mine crashed into me because I braked a little hard without previous notice (we were dropping someone that I didn't know, and he said "here", so I braked ). My damage was close to nothing, but his was plenty. Not good since he had just recieved his car back from another major crash. He was so close the shop manager by then, that they did all the labor as "warranty" (i.e didn't charge for it!).
    Last edited by magracer; 11-21-2006 at 11:03 PM.
    Zag when they Zig

Deffinatly a oh F**K moment. I found if browsing on myspace. Check it out, made me sick.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1401379205

2006 Scion tC..

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMan22
    Deffinatly a oh F**K moment. I found if browsing on myspace. Check it out, made me sick.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1401379205
    repost but very funny, dumb kid...

my bad. i didnt know it was a repost. it is funny though.

2006 Scion tC..

Thread Information