Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OH F**K moments, when you damage your own car

Holy Shit
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Wet Roundabout + Jeep = Spin and Kerbed wheel.

Couple this to my 'touch parking' effort in Claudia (relax, it was the tiniest touch) and i'm actually not a bad driver - i've got good spatial awareness, my mother tells me.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I have a few gems, but not for now. The people I want to know about them generally do know about them- a couple of exceptions...
    Hey Sam, you got one to add into here now.

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Hey Sam, you got one to add into here now.
    **** off

Now now, Sam, do fill us in.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

It was a copy of my new avatar and the video that Fred posted.

It was a copy of my new avatar and the video that Fred posted.
    More details please, unless you want me to do it? And you know how that'll go...

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    More details please, unless you want me to do it? And you know how that'll go...
    I'm gunna jam something in your eye when I see you, and it won't be a bottle

Christmas night with Waugh-terfall. Very nice chap, highly recommended to be met. Just going for a nice, relaxed drive, and taking him back to his unky's house. Took a corner I knew very well. Perfect entry speed. What happened next wasn't perfect... as in, I hit the accelerator instead of the brake, and the car slammed into the kerb big time.

Damage is being calculated at the moment. Not a fun thing to happen so soon after passing; I can tell you that now. But- it happened, and I'm wiser for it.

So sue me.

Good lad. Now that wasn't so difficult, was it?

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    Good lad. Now that wasn't so difficult, was it?
    Believe me, it was. I hated filling the stereotype of the moron who crashes almost straight after passing- I won't blame the car, though. As much as I'd like to complain about the cramped pedal box, it's no excuse. Hope this doesn't mar any perceptions of me as a member... but there we go.

Believe me, it was. I hated filling the stereotype of the moron who crashes almost straight after passing- I won't blame the car, though. As much as I'd like to complain about the cramped pedal box, it's no excuse. Hope this doesn't mar any perceptions of me as a member... but there we go.
    Don't worry we all make mistakes. I once, when I had just passed my test, nearly put the car into a ditch. I reckon that since then I have matured (a bit... ).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well one night I was driving my car down a nice icy country road and started to brake, but my car doesn't have ABS so my brakes proceded to lock up and I went into a ditch. Damage turned out to be $0 and my friend pulled me out.

Another time I drove my car around in a grassy area and decided I wanted to try to ramp off of a small bump, needless to say my car didn't have enough clearance and it bottomed out. Luckily nothing was wrong except for a chunk of grass was off the ground and stuck to the underside of my car.

Christmas night with Waugh-terfall. Very nice chap, highly recommended to be met. Just going for a nice, relaxed drive, and taking him back to his unky's house. Took a corner I knew very well. Perfect entry speed. What happened next wasn't perfect... as in, I hit the accelerator instead of the brake, and the car slammed into the kerb big time.

Damage is being calculated at the moment. Not a fun thing to happen so soon after passing; I can tell you that now. But- it happened, and I'm wiser for it.
    lol u r teh sux!!!11!1

No damage was done in any of these incidents, but when I'm not driving the Golf for whatever reason (normally it's broken or something), I have to drive the Cougar. Now, I've driven almost exclusively stick since the day I got my permit. But on these rare occasions where I'm in the Cougar, I have a tendency when coming to stop signs to push the clutch in. On an automatic. This usually results in nose dive and my head almost bouncing off the steering wheel. I'm waiting for the day when I do it and someone not paying attention rear ends me.

Automatic transmissions = dangerous and should be outlawed.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I'm gunna jam something in your eye when I see you, and it won't be a bottle

So sue me?
    Oooh, why thankyou.

RELAXED DRIVE!?!?!?! I was climing onto the door half the time!!!! Fast around and around and around and around round-a-bouts and juming over bridges doesn't come under relaxed in my mind...lol

So sue you? I might just do that lol

That was quite a good day/evening. The bridge was the best I think and the true perfection of guessing when to take your feet off the pedals to gradualy slow down for the Speed Trap! Dead on 30mph with no feet on the pedals. Perfect...

By the way, to anyone who wishes to listen...
    It is NOT advisable to listen to Queens Of The Stone Ages's Songs For The Deaf album whilst behind the wheel of a motorvehicle. Thank you
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 01-08-2007 at 09:08 AM.

Motion & Emotion

i hit a kangaroo this morning in the middle of nowhere. thankfully no damage. same can't be said for the roo
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information