Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fernado Alanso's New Ride...

Fernado Alanso's New Ride...

ALLRIGHT...It was just a TEST DRIVE....

(But he, ALONSO, looks GOOD in a CHEVY !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 11-25-2006 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    But he looks GOOD in a CHEVY !!!!
    No. No he doesn't.

Why bother making a Fernando Alonso connection?

He wouldn't be driving a Chevrolet in the first place, so that doesn't make any sense - and all you have anyway is what appears to be a disembodied head floating about inside the car, which just looks silly.

Why not get rid of the floating head and just say "here's a Chevy concept".

You could also do with making your lines a bit crisper - I know you keep saying stuff about blurring things to create depth of field, but really some of the panels of the car just look like they're made from soggy newspaper, rather than a solid material, due to the "wobbly" rather than straight edges/reflections etc.
    Thanks for all the fish

Sorry but I just don't see it that way at all,...the FA connection is dilerbrate, as it evokes a connection aside from just a "car"....it's OK tho, I appreciate your sentiment, tho I also understand your newspaper comment, perhaps it is because I dont use "paths" & such as I feel that I need to DRAW the picture, and give it more of a painting look, rather than a simple photo look.

Again, it is INTENT that makes it different, tho not nessesarally better compared to whatever, just unique.

he looks pretty calm in his ways given the situation

I think you should be banned for that.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Sorry but I just don't see it that way at all,...the FA connection is dilerbrate, as it evokes a connection aside from just a "car"...
    No it doesn't.

It is a picture of a Renault Driver's head pasted into your picture of a Chevrolet, for no apparent reason.

Quite frankly, if you hadn't mentioned it I probably wouldn't have even seen the grim apparition in the first place.

It doesn't even look like he is in the car, let alone driving it, which he wouldn't be doing anyway because he is a Renault driver...

Why not pick a Chevrolet driver if you are going to insist on putting someone in the car, at least then it might start to make some sense.

I feel that I need to DRAW the picture, and give it more of a painting look, rather than a simple photo look.
    Look up Scott Robertson, or Ryan Church - they are good examples of a "painted look", yet they still manage to use crisp lines and reflections.
    Thanks for all the fish

plus this is a rally concept, now why does a F1 driver would be driving something less exciting?
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    It is a picture of a Renault Driver's head pasted into your picture of a Chevrolet, for no apparent reason.

It doesn't even look like he is in the car, let alone driving it, which he wouldn't be doing anyway because he is a Renault driver...
    Ahem...McLaren Mercedes but i agree with everything else you said, no point at all putting his floating head in this car

Wow this is one heated topic of discussion. Waste of time? I think so.

Interesting that's for sure...
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Why not pick a Chevrolet driver if you are going to insist on putting someone in the car, at least then it might start to make some sense.
    Look up Scott Robertson, or Ryan Church - they are good examples of a "painted look", yet they still manage to use crisp lines and reflections.

First off THX for your ideas, tho my purpose was not to make sense, just to have fun with FA cuz I can. But jeff Gordon DID drive an F1 car at Indy a few yeras back so it DOES make sense in a manner of thought.

as for Scott Robertson check this out :
    http://www.drawthrough.com/galleries...y_cat=personal

See perhaps you are looking for a more Industrial Art rather than a Fine Art style which is more akin to my personal train of thought, there IS a BIG difference in conceptual & technical development in each disipline.
    As for Ryan Church, many of his images are 3D models, really an entirely different thing again, but I did find this hand drawing of his which (again from his PERSONAL gallery) demonstrates more the direction I go towards (see attachment). As an Artist, you strive to make images that stand apart from other people's work, & create a "style" that is unique to your own work. That is what I am doing as well, defining a personal set of values for the works I produce.

THX again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

you want to make your work stand apart and have a signature look but you do so by adding fog and blurring and then when people say to take away the blurring and useless effects that hide your work you say "no no, im too much of an artist" yet people like illusionist have very recognizable work without using such excuses like you do. and then you have the balls to say that you think your work is better than the rest when users' comments certainly dont seem to reflect that. and im not even going to try to disect the fraud that you call stingray studios nor how you claim to be 50 years old yet type/act like your 12. yeah, this comment was harsh, but its what i wanted to say.

Johnny P...NICE LINK !!!...THX that was cool !!!

MP22...you steppin in the wrong place with me dude!

If I am so awful as YOU purport, then why is it a fact that when you search for ALAIS software that direct links to my posts come up ???...maybe cuz what I do is different & unique ???
    Think about it, man...& next time, before you spit out more crap, Remember This IS a Business not just a bunch of kids fool'in around with IP software & tho I too admire some of Illu's works, I have no desire or intent to create images that have that "overworked" look to them, Just my opinion....BUT when you attack my business as a FRAUD....then you piss me off !!!.

When YOU can run your OWN succsessful enterprise doing auto art we may have more in common to discuss, until then...make a concerted EFFORT on your part to control your thoughts to a more respectful attitude to those like myself who put the effort out there, because you are SADLY mistaken in your assumptions.

I do not really appreciate such ignorant comments either.

Oh & ONE more comment that indicates how little you actually comprehend regarding ART;
    EVERY major artist in the history of ART, has encountered rebukes like yours, ....& then gone on to prove them wrong. Take a art history class & LEARN someting for your own benefit , OK ?

Peace Bro.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 11-25-2006 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hec16
    plus this is a rally concept, now why does a F1 driver would be driving something less exciting?

..oh & BTW ...I made it MORE of a GT car, not a rallye car ...see it is on a RACE TRACK @!!@!

Thread Information