Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Enzo Crash

This is the second or third enzo I've seen split in half. Clever safety feature.

I do agree with Coventrysucks in that people are so quick to laugh, or inform us that he was such a "crap driver"...someone's life is more important that a peice of metal. Without a market of people like him that are actually willing spend so much on these things, the Enzo wouldn't exist in the first place
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Knowing the place (we stayed on the Boulevard des Anglais earlier this year during the Monaco Historic GP) I am really wondering what went on. It normally is very busy (also at 03.30 pm) so speeding is very unlikely. Is it known whether another car was involved in the crash?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    holy shit! what a crap driver
    How can you tell?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Knowing the place (we stayed on the Boulevard des Anglais earlier this year during the Monaco Historic GP) I am really wondering what went on. It normally is very busy (also at 03.30 pm) so speeding is very unlikely. Is it known whether another car was involved in the crash?
    Apparently the driver swerved around another car and across several lanes, then into the tree. All the reports so far have pointed towards driver error.
    I hope the driver and passenger turn out to be ok.

Im gonna kill myself
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Still a long way to go then...
    LoL..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by sicilian973-2
    Im gonna kill myself
    We can only hope.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

An article published in Nice-Matin, a local newspaper from southern France, for those who get French (pics by TheGumballer).
    Attached Images Attached Images

but nothing yet about the cause....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sicilian973-2
    Im gonna kill myself
    Thank you for another outstanding contribution to these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Do you wake up on the wrong side of the bed EVERY day?
    Yes, your right!

I take it all back, and indeed applaud all of your efforts to throw the reputation of a man you've never heard of before, and will never know into disrepute, whilst he is lying in intensive care.

Congratulations to you all on focussing on the most important issue here - the damage done to a material, replaceable object, rather than two human lives.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    but nothing yet about the cause....
    According to rumors, strollers would have seen the tank of the Enzo becoming inflamed before its crashing. Some people don't exclude the thesis of a personnal attack. Well, it's only a rumor. But remember that the Ferrari was going at 50 km/h when that happened.

According to Bloomberg Europe writer Helene Fouquet, "Kerimov lost control of the Ferrari while overtaking another car, hitting the sidewalk and then a tree before the engine caught fire, the policeman said. Traffic rules limit cars on the Promenade des Anglais to 50 kilometers (31 miles) per hour," Fouquet added, inexplicably.

Hitting the sidewalk would spell doom in an Enzo, and I'd reckon Enzo-sidewalk interaction could be where the crash began.

The artilce says Kerimov, worth $7.1 billion, was travelling with a female friend in the car, which he had borrowed.

"Kerimov," it reads, "who arrived in Nice on a private jet with his friend Tina Kondelaki, a Russian television presenter, was driving a Ferrari loaned to him by a friend, the policeman said." ... "Kerimov was transported by helicopter to La Conception in Marseille after the sports car caught fire."

"The billionaire's clothes were on fire as he jumped out of the Ferrari," the article reads, "and his face was the most severely-burned area, the policeman said, citing unidentified witnesses."

I hate unidentfiable witnesses. You might as well attribute information gathererd from "unidentified witnesses" to Count Dracula.

Anyway, Kondelaki, only slightly injured, fled the country shortly after receiving minor medical treatment, and before investigators could question her.

The article also gives a glimpse into the "James Bond" aspect of being a Russian Billionaire.
    "Investigators carried out chemical and technical tests on the wreckage of the Ferrari that allowed police to rule out the possibility the crash resulted from an assassination attempt, the policeman said."
    I bet nobody would investigate shit if I crashed... no fair.

Kerimov was placed in an artificially-induced coma. A diagnosis should be made within 48 hours (maybe 24 now.)
    I'm erudite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    I bet nobody would investigate shit if I crashed... no fair.
    So true...

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    According to rumors, strollers would have seen the tank of the Enzo becoming inflamed before its crashing. Some people don't exclude the thesis of a personnal attack. Well, it's only a rumor. But remember that the Ferrari was going at 50 km/h when that happened.
    well, that thought crossed my mind too....Chechen rebels? Not such a good friend of Poetin as suggested?

If that car hit the tree side-on at 60mph, it definitely would have broken like that. Carbon fibre is brittle and trees don't move. 60mph is very fast if you're doing it sideways!

Thread Information