Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Audi R8

28 36.84%
  • Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

48 63.16%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: R8 vs 8C

I'd take the 8C over the R8 even if it were just a sculpture. Look at it! *melts*

No contest, 8c all the way!

...The Alfa looks sooooo sweet...but I love the Audi too.

8C takes it in the end.

i love them both. theyre both so similar (enginewise) & yet so different in design. I'll take the R8. does anyone have a picture of the 8C's interior?
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Definately the Alfa 8C. It truly is a beautiful car, no doubt about that. The R8 is a fantastic looker as well, but next to the 8C it looks good, but you know which one you'd take. Think of them as Desperate Housewives. The R8 is Teri Hatcher. A good looker, but not the best on the block. The 8C, however, is Eva Longoria. The hot spicy Latina and most certainly the best looker out there. And that's all i really care. I would still take the Alfa even if it had a diesel and broke down every 5 minutes. At least you'll do it looking good.

Pics is kinda important with this thread title and this excellent duel i guess. So here's some to drool over, i know they're all over the net, but it kinda adds to the drama. Ha!

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

Audi R8

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawk
    i love them both. theyre both so similar (enginewise) & yet so different in design. I'll take the R8. does anyone have a picture of the 8C's interior?
    There you go...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

WoW ! 8C wins hands down if this ICE is included.

^ I'll take her and leave the cars on the showroom floor. She's gorgeous.

Seriously, I love the shapes and curves of the Audi R8. I would love a dark blue/midnight blue or black Audi R8. The R8 is a beautiful and agressive looking car with very good performance figures. On the other hand, I hate the shape and curves of the 8C. In my opinion the whole car looks misproportioned. Actually, I think it's quite ugly and I'm not being sarcastic or joking/kidding.
    Last edited by john14; 11-28-2006 at 05:50 AM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14
    In my opinion the whole car looks misproportioned.
    It's designed to appeal to North America markets. long bonnets and short rears. Any manufacturer that wants a successful revival, had to succeed in US markets.

These two somehow tickles me to start liking low-slung sports cars. all these while i've on been attracted by GTs. but.... my look at them..... look at the 8C's butts....
    Last edited by Ingolstadt; 11-28-2006 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    It's designed to appeal to North America markets. long bonnets and short rears. Any manufacturer that wants a successful revival, had to succeed in US markets.
    Erm no. The 8C's design has nothing to do with the United States. The fact that it'll be used for an Alfa Romeo revival in USA is another story, and has nothing to do with design.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well, i believe it is. Most cars developed to please US markets had this trait..... 350Z, Supra .....

Another reason i didn't picked the R8 is that they deliberately placed it lower specced than Gallardo. And there's this Audi TT, which is supposed to be an icon; now with the emergence of R8, TT becomes some lousy facelift.
    The TT is a relatively cheap, high volume coupe, designed to maximise profitability by providing a very desirable car with the underpinnings and componentry swiped from the vast bank of VAG parts bins.

People willingly pay £5,000 more on a TT, despite the fact that it probably costs the same as an A3 for Audi to build - for every 10,000 they sell that is £50 million profit!

And you think they should replace that with a car where they would probably only ever sell a few thousand cars a year, and which would - in the form you describe - have considerably less profit margin?

Even if you did turn the TT into a £50,000 911 clone with its rear-mounted 6 cyl engine - what would people wanting a "traditional" 2.0-litre TT buy?

Please explain how that makes any sort of sense!

They put themselves into a rather embarressed situation, more embarassingly, slotting the otherwise very good 4.2V8 into the R8 instead of the phenomenal 5.0 V10.
    The Murcielago is approaching the end of its life span, and will be due for replacement in a couple of years - in all probability, the car that replaces it will have much higher performance to compete better with Pagani, Koenigsegg etc.

That will leave more room for the Gallardo to also improve when it undergoes its midlife revamp - also due soon. In fact; the LP640 Murcielago already gives space for the Gallardo to move into.

That will leave plenty of space for a V10 R8.

In any case - there will be no 5.0-litre V10 in the R8, as Audi now have their own 5.2-litre FSI version.

As for suggesting that the styling is tailored for the American market - have you never seen the original 6/8C Alfas?

Or maybe the Giulia TZ2, or Montreal, perhaps?

Do you not think it would be the fact that all of those cars share that general proportion and layout, that determines the styling of the 8C?
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    There you go...
    Thats cheating
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

And also, wtf is wrong with the Attachment Feature :mad
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Thread Information