Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini SUV?

Lamborghini SUV?

right, i was talking with my friend yesterday, and he told me that Lamborghini was going to make some sort of SUV...i havent read about this anywhere else, nor have i heard about it, anyone have any info?

btw he's in the BMWCCA [bmw car club of america] so he receives magazines, and he has subscriptions to some other euro magazines, so i dont know if he read it in one of those or what...regardless, anyone have any info?
    United States of Trance

There has been a few chops, other than that I doubt it.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Wasn't there an R&T article on this? Sometime earlier this year?
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 11-14-2006 at 01:05 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

i think they were thinking about it, but then decided they'd stick with the two current models, making different versions of them (such as a stripped out, faster gallardo)

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    There has been a few chops, other than that I doubt it.
    and the chops were horrid!

Some guy from Lamborghini said that they will scrap the plans for an SUV for now and focus on current models only.

Maybe in the future? After all they have the help of Audi with their Pikes Peak model whose platform they can share.

But I think that Lamborghini would not benefit from such a move. Porsche did this move, but it's not such a premium maker. Lamborghini will water down its uncompromising image.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

I've read about this too, maybe though after seeing Porsche's Cayenne fail spectacularly to meet sales targets they're thinking twice. VAG's obviously looking to make them more profitable though. Why not just make a four-seater if that's the case? Or even a saloon?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

i was talking about it with a lamborghini representative and told me that there were not even thinking of it, such a gossip emerged after the introduction of cayenne and plans of audi Q7 (note the relation between audi and lambo), they wouldn't make it because of the brand image

i am thinking though, spyker did make a suv and nobody complains
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    Lamborghini will water down its uncompromising image.
    Oooo arrr, I loikes zoider, etc...

So uncompromised, no wheels even! Now that's dedication to the cause.

Anyway, there was a snippet in Evo about there being something that was merely a face-lifted Touareg, but it isn't as if Evo is infallible to nonsense stories.

I think they did print the story about the "clubsport" Veyron which did 300mph and could shop online for Christmas gifts or whatever, then later printed a retraction of sorts pointing out that there were these things called "the laws of physics" which meant that an extra 50mph from the 6bhp engine increase wasn't possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for all the fish

I heard they were going to make a crossover type thing based on a enlarged gallardo, to challenge the 612 ferrari and potentail porsche panamerica (see picture) Having the LM002 in mind it make sense to create something from the audi Q7 (ie the tourag).

I remember lots of speculation. They could always use the Toureg/Q7/Cayenne platform, but I think it's overkill for an aging platform. Also, lots of people (don't know why) hate those cars. A Lamborghini version of this would be the end of the world. I personally don't hate or like them. They're just there. It'd better be fast or sporty though, as a Lamborghini, cause they're all pretty heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    i am thinking though, spyker did make a suv and nobody complains
    Nobody cares about it either...

About the Lambo SUV the last rumours hint at no plans for new models. Lamborghini will stick to its two model policy for now. Also it seems Audi said that all new developments should be funded with money brung by Lamborghini models, and that's why an hipotetical Murcielago replacement or an enhanced Gallardo could be delayed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

i agree that the tourag/cayenne/q7 latform shouldnt be used further. You must understand that the cayenne is a moneymaker for porsche not really a true porsche character car. This money raiser is what lambo could do with but as mentioned new models for the gallardo and murcie are already planned.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    I heard they were going to make a crossover type thing based on a enlarged gallardo, to challenge the 612 ferrari and potentail porsche panamerica (see picture) Having the LM002 in mind it make sense to create something from the audi Q7 (ie the tourag).

dydzi, you are absolutely correct in his words. Though not the same fellow I have common contact with, the words you write are right. Lamborghini had scraped all plans of a SUV years ago.

jediali, what you heard was of an Espada comeback. That was scraped long ago as well.

The only reason these suddenly popped up was because of little reports the magazine companies heard, or mis-interpreted from Lamborghini repesentatives. The plans to build these models, as dydzi said on the SUV, were scraped a very long time ago.

As for Murcielago replacement stories, that won't happen for another 3-4 years. The 300 LP640s being built so far are going to take a while. I doubt even a 110 have been built yet. Being so, Lamborghini originally planed to re-open the order forms when most of the owners got their cars. This would lead to a suspected 300 more LP640s which would take another year or so to complete. The LP640 is not destined to be built in the same numbers as the 6.2 was. As for the Gallardo, all I've heard is advancements and modifications until 2008-09.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 11-14-2006 at 04:19 PM.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

the orig lambo SUV was sickk!! LM something
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796