Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk Crash

Blackhawk Crash

An Australian Blackhawk helicopter has crashed off Fiji

My deepest condolences to the victims family.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

why did it crash?

Another one...terrible news and an unfortunate event. Condolences to those who have suffered.

I've just seen it on the news, they reported there is no news yet of casualties, lets hope they are all ok.

770: A Navy / Army representative is going to be speaking to a media confrence soon. The last crash occured because of a small clip or something similair..very small piece anyway.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Gee thats bad news

I bet the navy also dread having to fly those crap Sea Kings, amongst all the other crap military purchases we've recently paid through the nose for

No reason given as yet, but 1 is confirmed dead, 1 missing and 6 have been survived with various injuries.

The chopper was landing on the deck of HMAS Kanimbla on the return from a training flight.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

If my mother was in her previous role she'd have to deal with these people and their families.

my thoughts are with our service men and women seeking to help our citizens escape a hostile situation. God (and Buddha, and Muhammed, and Yahweh) bless.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Have they reported anything else recently?

I recall them crashing quite frequently here about a year ago. I was something along the lines of one a month I believe.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Have they reported anything else recently?

I recall them crashing quite frequently here about a year ago. I was something along the lines of one a month I believe.
    Yeah they we're said to be very poorly built when it came to war time use, Somila for example, couldn't take too much strain
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Yeah they we're said to be very poorly built when it came to war time use, Somila for example, couldn't take too much strain
    whoa whoa whoa, our family friend was a Black Hawk pilot, and he said they were the toughest military choppers out there, including the Cobra. If you're referring to the Mogadishu incident ("Black Hawk Down"), you have to realize that the Black Hawks were still flying with sand and dirt running through their engines and tannys, and the only thing that brought them down were RPGs snapping off their tail rotors. There's no helicopter in the world that would stand up to that environment as well as they did

Quote Originally Posted by TVRs4eva
    whoa whoa whoa, our family friend was a Black Hawk pilot, and he said they were the toughest military choppers out there, including the Cobra. If you're referring to the Mogadishu incident ("Black Hawk Down"),
    Yes I know but (I have seen the film btw) I don't believe everything the directors put out It was an article I read about a good yeah and a half ago aboout American Warfare
    you have to realize that the Black Hawks were still flying with sand and dirt running through their engines and tannys, and the only thing that brought them down were RPGs snapping off their tail rotors. There's no helicopter in the world that would stand up to that environment as well as they did
    Like I've said before, I don't believe everything the Directors create on the Green room
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Yes I know but (I have seen the film btw) I don't believe everything the directors put out It was an article I read about a good yeah and a half ago aboout American Warfare
    Like I've said before, I don't believe everything the Directors create on the Green room
    I'm going off what's in the book, i havn't seen the movie

Apparently the crash was caused by the chopper falling off HMAS Kanimbla whilst trying to land.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Damn shame. I hate hearing about things like this; it's just terrible. My sicerest condolences to the loved ones of those involved.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

There's no helicopter in the world that would stand up to that environment as well as they did
    Errrrr AH-6?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Errrrr AH-6?
    well yeah, but the little birds were designed to do an entirely different job, just being equipped with rocket launchers and mini guns as opposed to being both gunships AND personnel carriers. i dunno how many troops you can stuff inside an AH-6, but certainly not as many as a blackhawk

Thread Information