Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 1999 Mustang VS 2006 Subaru WRX

eleventy billion and two
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    You're setting a great example?
    Ugh, interweb foruming 101: if nothing else to say, attack the spelling/grammar!

What are you talking about?

Where have I said that it is ok for the European media to be racist?

You're taking things that I say, and turning it into something else in your mind just because of your petty prejudices about the kind of person you'd like to think I am.

I'll repeat - the example I used of Fox was merely because it was an example of something much worse than Top Gear does that was recent, and you can easily find the example in question, as opposed to me using some obscure example from a European source months or years old, that you'd not be familiar with.
    Sorry its seems your trying to take shots at American media only.
    Well, consider that you can't seem willing to have anything but the last word - what does that say about you?
    Yep, thats me.

No, that isn't the point.

I'm bored of you and your stupid anti-me prejudices. It is clear you think I'm sort of America-hating terrorist, hell bent on destroying you and your country through well-worded arguments, and any comment or argument I try and put forward will be ignored and refuted by default.

Try and prove me wrong by not coming back with some, trite, inaccurate, unattributed nonsense for once eh?
    You definetly come off as an American-hater, whether you are or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    You definetly come off as an American-hater, whether you are or not.
    Well mabye if you didn't fit the stereo type...

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    (LandQuail's whole post about how to do it)
    Nice idea, LandQuail. kylekosir could race the Mustang on a highway or an abandoned road (you know, like industrial areas). But if it's a street race, try your best to find an abandoned road where there's minimal chance of crashing... unless you do it on a track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    Quote Originally Posted by -What-
    I don't see how the Evo and Impreza could both have the best power to weight ratios in their class when they are both in the same class.
    Simple, they perform.
    Impreza WRX STi is faster than an Evo...
    Lead Driver For The UCP.com Draggin' & Driftin' Racing Team.

If only there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Well mabye if you didn't fit the stereo type...
    *stereotype
    Im far from fat (6ft, 175lbs), and it would be hard to call me stupid, constantly correcting members on this board with their misconceptions...

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    *stereotype
    Im far from fat (6ft, 175lbs), and it would be hard to call me stupid, constantly correcting members on this board with their misconceptions...
    So your idea of Americans is fat and stupid...interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    I don't see how the Evo and Impreza could both have the best power to weight ratios in their class when they are both in the same class.
    Simple, they perform.
    You're not getting me. Let me break it down:

How is it possible that BOTH the Evo and Impreza have the best weight ratios in their class when they are both in the same class and they have different power to weight ratios? Do you f*cking get it? Your statement doesn't make sense. It is an impossible statement.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    So your idea of Americans is fat and stupid...interesting...
    No, the stereotype of Americans is that they are fat and stupid, that isn't his opinion. The stereotype of Canadians is...wait.....what is a Canadian? Doesn't North America stop at Michigan?

Impreza WRX STi - 195kW turbocharged boxer four. Evo IX - inline four, with turbocharger. The engines are similar, except for the type - boxer or inline - and the outputs. Which propel the WRX STi into another realm of performance, where the Cayman S is king. So the WRX STi is in a different class, but gets beaten by the Cayman S...

If only there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by STREETFIRE
    Impreza WRX STi - 195kW turbocharged boxer four. Evo IX - inline four, with turbocharger. The engines are similar, except for the type - boxer or inline - and the outputs. Which propel the WRX STi into another realm of performance, where the Cayman S is king. So the WRX STi is in a different class, but gets beaten by the Cayman S...
    Are you seriously trying to tell me that the Impreza WRX STi and the Mitsubishi Evo are in different classes? Are you serious? They have like, the most heated "car rivalry" going on in the world right now.

Seriously though, they aren't in the same class? Do you really believe this? They both just happen to be similarly priced, small, 4 door, turbo-charged, 4 cylinder, AWD rally-type vehicles with each producing around 300hp and both have existing lesser versions of themselves...(Lancer, Impreza)...yeah...these aren't two cars in the same class...sure.

I wonder why every car magazine in the f*cking world has had multiple comparisons between these two....or why when one of the cars gets updated, it is questioned what the other will do to keep up.

But according to you, the Subaru Impreza WRX STi and Mitsubishi Evolution are in different classes.

You f*ckin' suck.

Go to hell. -What- else do I have to say?
    Rockefella, I will let you decide whether he shall be banned for insulting me.
    You f*ckin' suck.
    Actually, you're sort of right about the WRX-Evo thing, but WRX wins on torque... I was accidentally referring to the Evo 8.
    Last edited by STREETFIRE; 12-03-2006 at 02:48 AM.

If only there was one.

You f*ckin' suck.
    If you keep that up, you're sig will soon become quite inaccurate.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Impreza WRX STi - 195kW turbocharged boxer four. Evo IX - inline four, with turbocharger. The engines are similar, except for the type - boxer or inline - and the outputs.
    They both make basically the exact same power.

Which propel the WRX STi into another realm of performance, where the Cayman S is king. So the WRX STi is in a different class, but gets beaten by the Cayman S...
    There's probably very few people who would cross shop an STi and Cayman.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Maybe I should just let this unfold... For now I rest my case.

If only there was one.

How does this merit the STi being in a different realm of performance? As a owner of a WRX, I have been to numberous track days, with both the WRX, EVO and Skyline clubs. It is widely accepted that the Evo is a slightly more refined and quick machine that the Subaru. (Don't forget, I am not biased, I drive a Subaru). The EVO has a more advanced center Diff than the STi, and stock for stock, off the show room floor, the EVO is quicker around many tracks.
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Resonatrectomy
    127 Kw @ all 4 paws

Mind you, I did edit my post, have a nice read

If only there was one.

Thread Information