Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1999 Mustang VS 2006 Subaru WRX

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    As for evolution, why should we accept it, it is only a theory you know. NOT a proven law.
    Please explain why species that are confined & isolated to small islands get smaller in size over generations (dare I say evolve to be smaller) to accomodate their smaller habitat, while those of the same genus which reside on bigger land-masses do not reduce in size. There are plenty of examples of this phenomenon in nature

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    I'm American and I get above average (top 10%) in science and math, yet in english I only get above average (top 25%). As for evolution, why should we accept it, it is only a theory you know. NOT a proven law.

In relation to the thread I think that your Subaru will win and I think that it will be fine to race him since you said you were going to race on a track only three times in this thread (unbeknown to some people).
    I am an american as well. I was refering to the staticall average, which you and I are both above, being lower in this country than, let's just say, Germany. Its a sad state of affairs when a country as large and powerful as the one we live is, in fact, far from the best(which it claims to be). Many things that the average Joe accepts as fact are infact theories, Scientific laws are not even heralded to be infallible, Scientific laws are things that thus far seem to always be true. As science has we know has existed for a very short period time(in the grand scheme of things) so anything we claim is fact now may be considered idiotic a hundred years from now.
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 12-03-2006 at 04:10 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Well, the American level of intelligence is quite high in big cities and developed coastal/mid-western areas. It's just those who lack the benefits of a good education in more rural areas who bring down the national average a bit. I'm not calling anyone stupid here, they just lack the benefits of a good education.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Well, the American level of intelligence is quite high in big cities and developed coastal/mid-western areas. It's just those who lack the benefits of a good education in more rural areas who bring down the national average a bit. I'm not calling anyone stupid here, they just lack the benefits of a good education.
    x2. There are some major problems in the public school system in this country.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    No one is saying that there aren't intellegent and well educated Americans. Facts and measure will tell you that the average american is not as well educated or as intellegent as the average German or Swede or Dane(Examples I thought up off the top of my head-so don't hold me to that). I can look the info up if you wish me too. I have seen numerous charts that cleary illustrate my point.

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    No one is saying that there aren't intellegent and well educated Americans. Facts and measure will tell you that the average american is not as well educated or as intellegent as the average German or Swede or Dane(Examples I thought up off the top of my head-so don't hold me to that). I can look the info up if you wish me too. I have seen numerous charts that cleary illustrate my point.
    Yeah, I know. I was just explaining why America's NATIONAL average is so low. I'm sure most European countries have a higher average IQ than America.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    x2. There are some major problems in the public school system in this country.
    Are there? I have never attended public school. Could you fill me in on said problems. I assume they are drugs and violence.

Are there? I have never attended public school. Could you fill me in on said problems. I assume they are drugs and violence.
    Were you home schooled? Or did you go to a private school?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Were you home schooled? Or did you go to a private school?
    Private catholic. Needless to say, I no longer partake in religion.

Besides that, there's the continual dumbing down of education so that more kids can pass. Schools are often afraid to hold someone back a year because it may hurt their fragile little psyche. So they let them go, and never fix what was wrong.

The standardized testing they do is a joke, too, with the same problems. The tests were too hard, not enough students were passing them. So what did they do? Re-write it and make it easier. Now what happens when not enough students still don't pass it?

I've got 12 years of private Catholic schooling, and having gone to automotive school with primarily poorer, inner-city (NYC mostly) kids, there's a world of difference. I mean, simple things like sentence structure and grammar/spelling are almost foreign concepts to them.

Hell, reading what Dan's kids write on the message board for him to read is barely A) legible, and B) intelligible. And they're 16 and 17. I had better spelling and handwriting in 4th grade.

It makes me sad. Because this is the future of our country.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Move to Canada.

We're more intelligent up here.

Besides that, there's the continual dumbing down of education so that more kids can pass. Schools are often afraid to hold someone back a year because it may hurt their fragile little psyche. So they let them go, and never fix what was wrong.

The standardized testing they do is a joke, too, with the same problems. The tests were too hard, not enough students were passing them. So what did they do? Re-write it and make it easier. Now what happens when not enough students still don't pass it?

I've got 12 years of private Catholic schooling, and having gone to automotive school with primarily poorer, inner-city (NYC mostly) kids, there's a world of difference. I mean, simple things like sentence structure and grammar/spelling are almost foreign concepts to them.

Hell, reading what Dan's kids write on the message board for him to read is barely A) legible, and B) intelligible. And they're 16 and 17. I had better spelling and handwriting in 4th grade.

It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Move to Canada.

We're more intelligent up here.
    No, cause the first time someone said "eh," something in French, or asked me to go ice fishing with them, I'd punch them in the face.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

No, cause the first time someone said "eh," something in French, or asked me to go ice fishing with them, I'd punch them in the face.
    None of that where I live, Except mabye some Ice fishing in August.....Eh? Serioulsy though, we do say eh alot, I once said it five times in a row...

Your face would be hurting.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information