Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stick with the old or upgrade??

I guess you wanted to say 5 years/60.000 miles. You should read this thread to get up to speed on warranty issues:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=83525
    Zag when they Zig

Aaahhh!!! What's the fun left in that now. . . you buy a fast car to enjoy driving fast at least once and maybe race it on tracks. Because they did this I am going to have to refrain from doing business with them. At least until they let us race again or go bankrupt and close for good. . . . hoping the first option would happen
    I'm a real boy!

Quote Originally Posted by brandisher
    Aaahhh!!! What's the fun left in that now. . . you buy a fast car to enjoy driving fast at least once and maybe race it on tracks. Because they did this I am going to have to refrain from doing business with them. At least until they let us race again or go bankrupt and close for good. . . . hoping the first option would happen
    The Evo would be good for doing some "rallying"

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I never, ever get the new new thing just for the sake of having the new new thing. My first criteria for upgrading is the make sure that it really has additional features or other benefits that really make it better for me, not my image. Then, I typically wait until some reviews are in so that I can be assured that it's at least as reliable as whatever I have now. Note that this can be applied to pretty much anything, not just cars.

I heard about "Mitsubitchy"'s warrantee nazis a couple years back whent he EVO's were first released here...it's an absolute abomination on their part. I can't say that I'm surprised, given Mitsubishi's financial position, but tarnishing their image like this can't do them any favors. They really seemed to act so genuinely surprised when they caught people racing them. What do they think people are going to do with these cars? Give them to grandma to make their milk runs? Yeah, right. A lot of people have been turned off to their entire product range after hearing about that, and it's not only sad for the owners of these cars, it's a case of bean counters running amok and running a company aground.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

The people who buy them are not in a state of mind where the warrenty would be an issue. They are bought by young rich adults (16-25) who's success/parents success hasn't taught them the value of money or by middle aged men having abit of a "crisis" and the image is far more important.

Still a good car though, assuming I'm not the one to pick up the bill.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    The people who buy them are not in a state of mind where the warrenty would be an issue. They are bought by young rich adults (16-25) who's success/parents success hasn't taught them the value of money or by middle aged men having abit of a "crisis" and the image is far more important.
    Still a good car though, assuming I'm not the one to pick up the bill.
    You know my uncle?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123

I heard about "Mitsubitchy"'s warrantee nazis a couple years back whent he EVO's were first released here...it's an absolute abomination on their part. I can't say that I'm surprised, given Mitsubishi's financial position, but tarnishing their image like this can't do them any favors. They really seemed to act so genuinely surprised when they caught people racing them. What do they think people are going to do with these cars? Give them to grandma to make their milk runs? Yeah, right. A lot of people have been turned off to their entire product range after hearing about that, and it's not only sad for the owners of these cars, it's a case of bean counters running amok and running a company aground.
    They actually searched on online forums for potential racers.
    I wonder if there are any Mitsubishi spies on ultimatecarpage.com.
    But fortunatelyin Japan, they went from the red to the black.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    You know my uncle?
    Everyone knows of a middle aged man with an Evo on the drive and a Hayabusa in the garage.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    i seem to recall mitsubishi have a 100,000km warranty for their evo's which covers minor mods
    maybe it was only the evo 9 clubsport, ask cyco he was telling me about it
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i seem to recall mitsubishi have a 100,000km warranty for their evo's which covers minor mods
    maybe it was only the evo 9 clubsport, ask cyco he was telling me about it
    Well, as I read it, they had folks roam dragstrips and race courses jotting down VIN numbers so that they could void warrantees. Ostensibly, there have been a few instances where the car was either just there to be shown off, not raced, and some instances where the car simply belonged to a spectator at a sanctioned event! There were also allegedly many instances where individual dealers would also flat out deny any warrantee work on the cars on sight, regardless of any known history of racing.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    I guess you wanted to say 5 years/60.000 miles.
    Don't tell me what I wanted to say

http://www.mitsubishimotors.ca/Peace...nty.aspx?lng=2

In Canada we get 10 years...but still nobody buys them

The Evo 9 Clubsport does have the factory warranty retained here even with some (factory approved) modifications and for racing.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Don't tell me what I wanted to say

http://www.mitsubishimotors.ca/Peace...nty.aspx?lng=2

In Canada we get 10 years...but still nobody buys them
    DUUDE read the small print, it's really a 5 year/60.000 mile warranty unless you think the powertrain is really the "heart" of your car:

10 - year/160,000 km Powertrain Limited Warranty

5 - year/100,000 km New Vehicle Limited Warranty

5 - year/Unlimited km Roadside Assistance

So we're back to "I guess you wanted to say...."
    Last edited by magracer; 12-10-2006 at 10:32 PM.
    Zag when they Zig

Thread Information