Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFS Carbon.... the hard way

NFS Carbon.... the hard way

My 1st Carbon career was conventional, chose a Tuner and upgraded when I could afford it to a mix of Tuners and Exotics. My career was over in a flash, racing was way, way, way too easy.

I missed the days of NFS Porsche and NFS Underground when I had to study some races to get the win, practice every corner, optimise the tuning of the car, test each ‘shortcut’ to see which helped and which didn’t and racing the track over and over again. I remember worrying whether some races would actually prevent me from ever reaching the end of the game!

So I started a new Carbon career with a view to making it much tougher. I chose the wobbly Muscle car route and the game gave me a Chev Camaro SS, which I decided to keep until I either won the game with it or couldn’t go any further. I spent all my cash on performance and didn’t even give it a coat of new paint until it earned it.

I enjoyed it immensely, Tier 2 cars were not a big problem but when the Tier 3 cars started appearing I was transported back to the struggle days of NFS Porsche and Underground where a race win would be celebrated with a rebel yell and a well deserved smoke break! A mediocre game made great!

I finally threw in the towel with only 3 races not won, 2 of these were minor races, a Race Wars, consistently losing to a bunch of Vettes and Vipers, a Canyon race, losing to a Gallardo and, the final Canyon race against Darius and his Audi, so I failed to win my career with the Camaro. Having accumulated savings of over a million $’s, I mopped up with brand new, full-race tuned Murcielago.

Here’s a map showing the territory claimed by my humble Camaro SS:

And here’s the heroic Camaro SS with a well earned paint job and some bling bling and go-faster bits: I won’t show the rear ‘cause it’s seriously banged up from me swerving across the noses of Tier 3’s trying to get past.

Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

South Surrey, B.C, Canada. A place where you will see Cookie Monster eating cheese. If you're lucky, that is.
    I already made a thread for disscussing Carbon, use the search feature before making a new thread.
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Detroit Pistons fan
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Atlanta Falcons fan

Agreed with you,it is way too easy I finished 62% so far in about 4 hours I'll finish it tomorrow in the bus and subaway i guess

I find the game sucks. A bit too many bugs,ads in the game (!!),ugly cars and even uglier parts. The Autosculpt-feature is a major set-back AND the drivng is far from realistic. NFS PU is what i need Today i decided to install the first ever NFS from '94 again. I actually found it more entertaining

Edit: Pretty damn easy school paid for it,I just copied that version
    Last edited by drakkie; 12-10-2006 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drift Illusion
    I already made a thread for disscussing Carbon, use the search feature before making a new thread.
    No, not into resurrecting dead threads.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Dread
    No, not into resurrecting dead threads.
    We usually consider threads dead when nobody posted in it for about half a year. One day isn't a dead thread, so learn to use the search function.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drift Illusion
    Don't get pissy, n00b.

If you seriously think it brought the fun of the glory days back, I'll consider a purchase...
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

I was playing NFS: Porsche Unleashed like 5mins ago...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    We usually consider threads dead when nobody posted in it for about half a year. One day isn't a dead thread, so learn to use the search function.
    Didn't need to search for it, I followed it when it was alive. I didn't say it died of old age, just sort of fell over and stopped breathing.

Figured it was time for a new angle.
    Doug

wat system do u hav it on?
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

what is the purple star in a haxagon and black ticks in yellow hexagons?
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo
    what is the purple star in a haxagon and black ticks in yellow hexagons?
    The hexagons are "Race Wars" events, purple when not won and yellow with black tick when won.

My system:
    AMD64 X2 4800+
    ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe, ATI RD580
    2GB Corsair XMS DDR500 RAM
    ATI Radeon X1900XTX GPU
    120GB HDD
    700W AOpen PSU
    Samsung 19" SyncMaster 955DF
    Benchmarks: 3DMark06 6177 :: 3DMark05 11108 - stock
    Doug

The hexagons are "Race Wars" events, purple when not won and yellow with black tick when won.
    The PS2 version must be different.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Didn't need to search for it, I followed it when it was alive. I didn't say it died of old age, just sort of fell over and stopped breathing.

Figured it was time for a new angle.
    Either way, one shouldn't assume too much.

Your system shouldn't score that low, I scored like right between 6000 and 6100 in 3DMark06 when I had my 2.75Ghz 3500+ with a X1900GT with only minor overclock on the GPU, and you should definitely consider getting a better PSU, AOpen doesn't make good stable ones, especially when you have hardwares that demand stable voltages.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 12-10-2006 at 08:46 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I know I'm probably going to get some "ricer!" accusations, but I'm kind of looking forward to getting my paws on this game. I heard it has some pretty nifty car modding capability, if true definitely worth it then!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I agree this game is way too easy! And short! What gives
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Thread Information