Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official UCP COTY awards

Nominations

Firstly, the Ferrari P4/5. It's just godly looking, and from what i've read it actually handles. Good on mr. Glickenhaus for actually using such a beast.

Secondly, the Mazda MX-5 CC. It's an update of a fantastic car that makes it that much more accessable. it's bound to get some fantastic money for Mazda, and it only adds 30 kilos !

Finally, the BMW Z4M Coupe. It's just a mad looking, hot sounding, screeching beast of a vehicle. and i want it.....Bad.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

First off, props to Timeh, a newer member than even me to come up with this idea. This is a great idea and we need to get more people nominating and cut the chatter on the nominationg page (I realize I am breaking my own rule). Hopefully we will have tons of nominations and maybe if we catch wouter's ear he will do something or sugest something to make this easier. As for my pics, I will ponder intensely and still probably regret some choices.

I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Nominations

Firstly, the Ferrari P4/5. It's just godly looking, and from what i've read it actually handles. Good on mr. Glickenhaus for actually using such a beast.

Secondly, the Mazda MX-5 CC. It's an update of a fantastic car that makes it that much more accessable. it's bound to get some fantastic money for Mazda, and it only adds 30 kilos !

Finally, the BMW Z4M Coupe. It's just a mad looking, hot sounding, screeching beast of a vehicle. and i want it.....Bad.
    Do you want me to put "Mazda MX-5 CC" under "Mazda MX-5"? Or make a new nomination?
    I'm afraid this is a signature, a very pathetic one.

Nominations:

Koenigsegg CCX
    Lamborghini LP640 Versace
    Honda Civic Si

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    My Nominations:

Mercedes S-Class for delivering the ultimate balance between power, efficiency, and luxury.

Volkswagen Golf R32 for being a quick, sporty, grippy little affordable hatchback.

Aston Martin DBS for all the amazement it brought to humanity while being traditional as always.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Lotus Elise S: Best ever entry level 'Liz, now with Toyota power.

BMW Z4M Coupe: Deliberately and unashamedly brutish and old-fashioned, and all the better for it. Especially as it's from a company renowned for doing exactly the opposite.

Fiat Panda 100HP: Best fun for your money on the market today. Sub-£10k asking price, group 5 insurance and pretty frugal engine yet still made to brake and go round corners properly. What's not to love?!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

My Picks

Audi RS4 Saloon
    Audi RS4 Cabriolet
    Audi RS4 Avant

Seriously now:

My Picks

Audi RS4
    Jaguar XK
    Fiat Panda 100HP
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeh
    Do you want me to put "Mazda MX-5 CC" under "Mazda MX-5"? Or make a new nomination?
    What he meant is:

If MX-5 had variants like 1.8, 2.0 or 1.8T .. then they all should be under one category. If it is to cover such a big aspect, then RS4 would be under A4....

How about the WCOTY nominee list as a starting platform? http://www.wcoty.com/vehicles/?year=2007&cat=1

Saves discussion over any issues of eligibility i suppose.

I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    My Nominations:

Alfa Romeo 8C Competitone
    Audi R8
    Mazda MX-5
    Last edited by Timeh; 12-18-2006 at 03:49 PM.
    I'm afraid this is a signature, a very pathetic one.

Citroen C6 (became only available in 2006)
    Fiat Panda 100 HP
    Alfa Romeo 8C Competitone
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Bugatti Veyron - It didn't spend much time with 2005, hence voted for 2006.

Audi RS6 Avant - The ultimate balance of Brick (Ron Burgundy) and Schumacher. Imagine loosing a drag race to a nerd taking his family out for a fishing camp, with all the stuffs tucked into the back, and a few kids picking their nose right in front of you while you're frantically searching for gears.

MX-5RC - Japs have this uncanny ability to improve something from Germans, and make it better, while Germans is busy spending loads of cash into R&D for something that'll eventually be succeeded and made into cash generators by the Japs. Again.

Other nominations:

VW Golf GT 1.4TC - 1.4 170hp, what else to say?
    BMW Z4M - Back to basics
    Audi R8 - A glimpse into the future rather than salvaging glories from the past, the very last time something like this came into the market, the 1995 Audi TT.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    We need a coding genius to set up well thought out large poll for a knock-out type vote or something.
    Where is MeA hiding He is probably capable of doing it,I guess...

Anyay, my nominees:

Citroen C6
    Volvo C30
    Citroen C4 Picasso

Dont think I am biased towards Citroen They just have the better cars at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Timeh
    The new MX-5 is from 2005. The MX-5 CC is the only from 2006.
    I've seen many nominations of cars that were not launched in 2006.

My nominations are:

Ferrari 599 GTB
    BMW 335d/i
    Fiat Panda 100HP
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

I can see some problems with where this is going. Some models are being considered as their whole range, whilst others are the singular model. It cant be both to be fair. 335i, 3 MPS etc are part of a bigger range.

Thread Information