Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mustang to go global.

In Ford Speak why not double your chances of even "more hardcore performance feel" and go live axle x 2 ftw
    Attached Images Attached Images

that is an awesome pic nota
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Ive seen that Camaro before, but could never find any specs. Either way I too prefer IRS, but a solid rear end is not "low tech", thats the point I was trying to make.
    Glad we can agree. I couldn't find specs either, and I looked for the better part of 2 hours(I continued looking after I posted.) It's not a solid rear end, in and of itself that is "low tech," but the longitudinally mounted leaf spring(used in very select applications) that can, justifiably, be called "low tech." Solid rears, generally speaking, tend to be cheaper and have different limitations in comparison to IRS but that doesn't make either better, at least not in all aspects-they both have their drawbacks; as well as their benefits.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    that is an awesome pic nota
    thank you Captain!

live axles + billycart + dinosaur = secret spypic of the all-new mustang undergoing performance testing by Ford suspension engineers

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    prius what outdated technology do you speak of? is it the jaguar chasis? ..

As for Jaguar their most recent chassis to employ a cart axle was the ancient Jag Mk1X sedan, a model built between 1959-60. To be specific, an already-outdated 45+ y/o barge which comfortably predates the entire Mustang nameplate
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's actually a Jag chassis, it's the S-type chassis, they just replaced the IRS with the live axle for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    It's actually a Jag chassis, it's the S-type chassis, they just replaced the IRS with the live axle for some reason
    In essence wasn't that a generic Ford-US designed chassis/platform (DEW98?) and equally shared between Lincoln and T-Bird?

Could be proved wrong but in those days Jaguar was half dead and I doubt it had the engineering capacity to create a new chassis

Yeah it is, I thought I was for some Lincoln and then they just modified it for the S-Type.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Yeah it is, I thought I was for some Lincoln and then they just modified it for the S-Type.
    When you boil it down this vaunted "Jaguar chassis" claim (by Juggs to slam Prius) is instead a generic Ford-US platform, since dumbed down in cost and specs for the New Mustang application? And those old 2nd gen S-Types (with supposed 'Jaguar chassis) are in basic terms merely a corporate Ford design hiding underneath a 'Jaguar themed' rebody, which btw also employed alternate-spec Ford V8 & V6 engines

So much for the Jag brag
    Last edited by nota; 01-05-2007 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    So much for the Jag brag
    Even now in their "rejuvenation" theyre working from the same design studio as Aston Martin essentially, with Ian Callum penning the designs.

it was originally planned to have IRS but they decided to go with a rear axle to keep the cost of the car around 30k. there is a lot of engineering into that live axle setup too, and it handles great for a fairly heavy car with a solid rear axle. besides irs sucks for drag racing and thats just something that you do with a muscle car, weather you think it is a pointless sport or not. for 30k you really can't complain, because you get a lot of car for that money.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

i think if ford want a ''decent'' sedan they should import the falcon end of story
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport
    i think if ford want a ''decent'' sedan they should import the falcon end of story
    this has been discussed many times and it isn't possible at this stage
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

i hope and pray for the day the aussie fords come to the US
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Thread Information