Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MRDETROITMETAL advice-led chop

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    I owned a TVR 2500 M
    I hate to be so skeptical, but do you have any proof? Pictures, or a VIN would be nice, I am sure I can track your 2500M down(I am a very curious person). As an avid TVR enthusiast, I can't help but asking. Oh, what year was it and did it have the factory sun roof?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    Might I also add that this is pretty brave and humble, mr. MDM. I think we should all take turns doing a week of advice led chopping! It'd be a ton of fun and we'd all learn a bit.

Well if it will create a little respect around here I am all for it....
    Some of the comments posted towards me are really not the kinda thing that should be on a forum to start with, and I feel that I have had to step a bit over the line myself to get my point across, that I do what I do and it is neither better nor worse than anybody else here.

Regardless, I should not have to expalin anything to anyone here as I have done out of courtesy, and of course I am interested and willing to learn anything from the people here that I can. I just do NOT appreciate the personal based rude comments.

I certianly hope the moderators here will ask those persons to refrain from continuing such behavior towards my posts here, if that is what it takes. I have done my best to dispell and explain my position and really have no more to say on those topics.

I am interested in the pictures and that is all. This promises to be a intresting session, and I agree with you that everyone here should take turns doing an advice led chopping session like this too !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    I hate to be so skeptical, but do you have any proof? Pictures, or a VIN would be nice, I am sure I can track your 2500M down(I am a very curious person). As an avid TVR enthusiast, I can't help but asking. Oh, what year was it and did it have the factory sun roof?

yes it had the sunroof,...It was White with the Black stripe on the side, black interior...I put a 250W stereo system (Daivd Speaker boxes aimed at the front from under the glass back window)...dont know where it is now, my brother and I owned the car and he sold it for a Pantera,..so it was back in 1977-78 that I drove it alot, after that I bought my first Corvette a '77 L-82, I have some pictures, but have to look for them, and I dont remember the VIN ...srry as I would LOVE to buy back that car today if I could find it !!!...D

What are they selling for today anyway ??...I think we got like $5,200 for it when we sold it for the Pantera.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 12-15-2006 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    yes it had the sunroof,...It was White with the Black stripe on the side, black interior...I dont know where it is now, my brother and I owned the car and he sold it for a Pantera,..so it was back in 1977-78 that I drove it alot, after that I bought my first Corvette a '77 L-82, I have some pictures, but have to look for them, and I dont remember the VIN ...srry as I would LOVE to buy back that car today if I could find it !!!...D

What are they selling for today anyway ??...I think we got like $5,200 for it when we sold it for the Pantera.
    IT depends. I've seen them go for anything between 7k and 14k. I am in the market for one right now, but I am also trying to buy/build a race car, so the hunt for the 2500 has been suspended(until I get some more cash). I actually saw one like yours on ebay not thatlong ago, I beleive it was in Ohio. I can email some one and ask about it
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

COOL. yeah let me know, I actually think we sold ours to a guy from Ohio !!...could be mine, ya never know.

I LOVE TVR's !!!

I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    This car is just yelling out to be chopped. I think it is very suitable as there is so much you can do to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm afraid this is a signature, a very pathetic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeh
    This car is just yelling out to be chopped. I think it is very suitable as there is so much you can do to it.
    ya know what...that has to be the best looking Hun ever built, but then they did just hire a bunch of ex GM people over there @ Hundee, so unfortunately they were the dead weight people at GM, but seems some decent design rubbed off anyway.
    I will consider this car seriously tho....

It is gonna be a tough decision to make here, I may have to put 2 of them in one picture ??

OK heres is my choice.

2 cars, the DB9 & Spyker, have to be the 2 most difficult ones to make better, I want to put them both into a scene like from a James Bond Movie....Spyker chasing JB in the Aston. So, thats my challenge here, mod the cars AND create a scene to match the concept.

Please, dont post "I dont like it" comments unless your gonna offer actual suggestions or specific advice, after friday you can say "I hate it" or whatever, but if you all do your part then this should come out meeting the majority's approval here.

let's see what happens, I'll do my best to accomadate ALL of your advice, try not to make it too conflicting tho as only ONE version will be the result....Now these are in no way complete, (tho I did more on the Aston than the Spyker so far)I just laid out a direction for each & put them together on one page...we have alot of work to go still..... ;

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I don't like it. Mainly because you should do one car, no scene :P Focus on one car, start with simple things and if people approve get more and more complex. And for Pasta's sake, don't do the spyker.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

The bodywork on the Spyker looks like Silly Putty, and you can see through part of the bonnet to the mesh grille underneath. Seriously, it looks like you REALLY rushed through it. Go back and clean up the edges, blend it more with the actual body and add trim where there would be some, ie along the line where you cut off part of the headlight.

The Aston is better done, at least at first look. It's mostly just messy lines, especially along the chrome trim at the splitter, and the side bottom vent (also your door line is broken there). The glass targa roof is nice, but is wrongly coloured, you have it coloured as if you were looking at the ceiling through the glass, it should be the lighter blue as seen through the rear window to show that, indeed, there is a glass roof. And something about the way the back end sits on the wheel doesn't look right, but I couldn't tell you specifically.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    The bodywork on the Spyker looks like Silly Putty, and you can see through part of the bonnet to the mesh grille underneath. Seriously, it looks like you REALLY rushed through it. Go back and clean up the edges, blend it more with the actual body and add trim where there would be some, ie along the line where you cut off part of the headlight.

The Aston is better done, at least at first look. It's mostly just messy lines, especially along the chrome trim at the splitter, and the side bottom vent (also your door line is broken there). The glass targa roof is nice, but is wrongly coloured, you have it coloured as if you were looking at the ceiling through the glass, it should be the lighter blue as seen through the rear window to show that, indeed, there is a glass roof. And something about the way the back end sits on the wheel doesn't look right, but I couldn't tell you specifically.
    I think this is his 'planning stage'. If I'm wrong MRDETROIT, correct me.

Ok my first set of advice, stick to the Aston, we are only doing one chop at a time. Second set of advice, if people are continuously flaming your airbrushing, then obviously it ain't up to their standards. Therefore if you want to please OTHERS with your chop, then don't do it!
    I'm afraid this is a signature, a very pathetic one.

def BOTH are IN the picture, & both are in the development stage here too,....if I'm gonna spend 5 days doin this with you guys at the end I want a chop worth looking at for Me ...& You.

So,...Both cars are ONE chop.

Scene is an integral part of this picture (i.e. BackGround setting...open to suggestions there too).

"Spyker looks like Silly Putty" - it should as it is just a fast (like 5 minutes) flesh out of the shape I want to get to.

"The glass targa roof is nice, but is wrongly coloured, you have it coloured as if you were looking at the ceiling through the glass, it should be the lighter blue as seen through the rear window to show that, indeed, there is a glass roof. And something about the way the back end sits on the wheel doesn't look right, but I couldn't tell you specifically."....

- Now thats what I want to hear, specific advice on what your seeing as that can help me to make changes to make it come off better.

As for the rear wheel, maybe it is the shading, a bit too much, because I did not alter the angle or even the wheel itself.

"Second set of advice, if people are continuously flaming your airbrushing, then obviously it ain't up to their standards"....

Most people LOVE my airbrush work, when it is in final form, so ...????

THX....off to a good start here !
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 12-18-2006 at 10:51 PM.

The glass targa roof is nice, but is wrongly coloured, you have it coloured as if you were looking at the ceiling through the glass, it should be the lighter blue as seen through the rear window to show that, indeed, there is a glass roof.

Can you expalin what your mean here a bit better, yes it is a glass roof, but are you saying that it should be more the color of the rear back (farside) window as seen through the car ?...and that color should be on Top ??? to simulate a more transparent look as oppossed to the reflective look there now ???
    '
    ..& I am fixin the other stuff, we can concentrate on perfecting the Aston first here for now too.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    My advice in this ADVICE LED CHOP is ONLY DO ONE CAR.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Try chopping one of these pictures

Thread Information