Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: War of the New Generation Sports AWD systems

You could just slow down when it starts rain, all AWD allows you to do is put the power down on bad surfaces, they don't magically improve braking performance and visibility.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

autozine.org

Indeed it is, there is a video on there of an Audi R8 blasting up a hill-climb. The sound is awesome.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    Indeed it is, there is a video on there of an Audi R8 blasting up a hill-climb. The sound is awesome.
    This video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=512fDAilY...elated&search= cause that is beyond awesome. Though half the comments says it's something called a Norma, not an R8. But who gives a ****

I have an 2003 magna awd which uses an evo6 driveline (including 5sp auto from euro delivered evo 6) minus the ayc. The control it gives a large heavy sedan is amazing. I have spent a fair bit of time in wrx and the system is ok but you seem to find its limit earlier than the mitsu. The ATTESSA system in the r32 and R33 threw me a little as it kicked in awd mid corner, fun when you get used to it. took a 3.2 A4 Q. smooth but had the most understeer.

welcome magna guy. Thtas interseting that a simpler evo driveline is that impressive. I guess it has a fixed torque split and a less conservative etc mapping. Richard burns(RIP) reckoned that the skyline is too uninvolving, "if it oversteers it corrects, if it understeers apply more gas", everyone else including (our beloved) JC says its one of the best handling cars around.
    autozine.org

My son has a Nissan Pulsar GTI-R AWD nicknamed "The Bullet". I can't believe the performance of his car (Modified - 25psi boost etc) and the traction off the line is incredible. Has anyone else driven this car as it is awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    My son has a Nissan Pulsar GTI-R AWD nicknamed "The Bullet". I can't believe the performance of his car (Modified - 25psi boost etc) and the traction off the line is incredible. Has anyone else driven this car as it is awsome.
    Yep definately a fun car. Abit ugly but it is a pretty good sleeper because everyone thinks its a FWD.

I hope that if he is running 25psi boost that he got rid of the useless top mount IC?

I haven't had a chance to thrash one around any good corners but I have heard that the ATTESA system it has is somewhat simpler insomuch as it isn't as fluid at bringing the car back under control...? any comments about that?

I am trying to get a ride in a tuned EVO IX but the owner is still fiddling with the tuning... maybe in a month or so.
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Thread Information