Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes-Benz Recy Concept

Mercedes-Benz Recy Concept

Mercedes-Benz RECY LA Design Challenge review:

Wood, alloys, glass, and rubber combine unexpectedly yet symbiotically in the Mercedes-Benz RÇCY to create the ultimate recyclable California roadster. Powered by a four-cylinder Blu-Tec bio-diesel motor and designed open-air to take advantage of the famed southern California weather and lifestyle, the RÇCY’s tubular, high strength frame and laminated wood shell ensure both driver and passenger are fully protected should the unfortunate occur.

An open-wheel concept with bold, clean surfacing, the RÇCY imbues to its owner a sense of old-world craftsmanship with its hand assembled and grain matched wood panels. Inspired by Riva hand-crafted wooden yachts and high performance eyewear, the RÇCY combines multiple influences in one seamless presentation.

One hundred percent recyclable and created from sustainable resources, the RÇCY can be a continually renewable vehicle. Constantly “recycling itself”, the high strength RÇCY frame allows owners to maintain that portion of the vehicle while replacing those panels that may be damaged. Whether via necessity or through a desire for the ultimate customizable California vehicle, owners may continually update and recycle their vehicle through the swapping of panels. And yes, you can use those old panels to create that perfect campfire! But the RÇCY does not stop there. After five years, the consumer has the option to bring the one hundred percent recyclable RÇCY to a designated recycling center to be reduced to its elemental materials. Fast, fun, and fully recyclable, the RÇCY from Mercedes-Benz is the vehicle of choice for the ecologically minded consumer who demands a smart alternative to the traditional roadster.

DESIGNERS: Andre Frey, Gorden Wagener, Nick Garfias, Jeffrey Aneiros, and Christopher Rhoades

http://www.auto-power-girl.com/cars-...challenge-1307

there we go.

Repost I think...but this has more pics and info...I actually like this concept, not the wheels though...

Usually we see chromed Mercedes when they are customized... but wood, that's... original! Don't like it too much, it reminds me of the 70's and 80's when cars in North America had plywood or whatever it was applied to the side of the car. It's just not my style. Very original and creative concept though.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

can I ask you something? WTF IS THAT?????

Hmm... I would love to see what happens in a crash.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    I imagine the occupants would be jabbed and impaled while the bystanders get showered in splinters.

i like it, kinda cool . But are they wooden brakes and wheels? What if they overheated, and caught fire?! lol! Looks wicked tho, a bit of old school SL to it for me

Looks like some sort of luxury Speed boat if you ask me.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    I imagine the occupants would be jabbed and impaled while the bystanders get showered in splinters.
    Funny, despite centuries of making buildings, boats and more recently 'planes from wood without much trouble, it suddenly becomes a problem when you want to make cars out of it?
    Thanks for all the fish

Planes being the exception (they generally don't fly into crowds of people) cars travel a wee bit faster than any of the afformentioned objects.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

wow... it took 5 guys to do that... they probably should get a few more undred for the next...
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Funny, despite centuries of making buildings, boats and more recently 'planes from wood without much trouble, it suddenly becomes a problem when you want to make cars out of it?
    It was a joke, ha, ha?

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    It was a joke, ha, ha?
    Jokes and Coventry go together about aswell as marathons and smokers.

Edit: About wooden wheels, well, Cars in the early 1900s had wooden wheels and they worked fine.

I am sure that it's 100% structurally sound, Mercedes knows what they are doing and have had a lot engineering experience.
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 12-21-2006 at 02:17 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

i love all these new concepts coming out that aren't just your basic materials like metal and fiberglass but new things like plexi(sp?) glass and now wood its is very different.

Thread Information