Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife is brave, and getting well!!!

Fantastic ! GIve her all our repeated best wishes

PS: You HAVE checked that it's not your credit card she has ? Now THAT would mke it "free"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thats brilliant news, and typical advice from a Scotsman
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Thats brilliant news, and typical advice from a Scotsman

Could also suggest some new make-up for Terry as she screams FREEDOM!!!! next time .......

PS: If Terry WAS using your card she qualifies to a complementary Scottish Clan Membership
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Just a short status report for those whom I see by the numbers are still reading this thread.

Alas, the solo shopping trip I posted of above was the 1st and the last to date. I made sure we got the anti-flu injection before winter set in, to keep the biggest, baddest bugs at bay, but a minor one got through. The effect on me was negligable, maybe blew my nose a bit more often and snored a little louder but that was it.

The effect on Terry was alarming thanks to her anti-rejection drugs, and she's been really sick, not eating and throwing up when she does. Most worrying is that it went into her lungs making it very hard to breathe and she's been coughing up gallons of mucous. Just to make her life really crap, the coughing fits broke (or perhaps re-broke), 3 ribs and the pain pretty much stopped her in her tracks.

The doc added more meds to her collection and the nurse, still coming 3 times a week to change her wound dressing (yup, they still haven't healed), brought along an electric nebuliser and a supply of cortizone sachets.

It peaked last week and we were seriously contemplating re-hospitalisation, but thankfully she started to come out of the dive. Today, apart from the rib pain, she's been quite perky and together we watched the Springboks get beaten by the Aussies and Ferrari get bumped off pole position.

She has so many meds that we dispense from the dining room table. I've taken to managing her meds and wrote out a 'what-when-how many' list 'cause it's become impossible to remember them all. Needless to say, we haven't been able to eat at the table, nor have I been able to get the top off and play some pool for ages.

For interest sake, here's a pic of her monthly meds:

Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Not good to hear she has the flu, but great that she was strong enough to stay home even if the TV sports results are more to my preference than for you and her (Australian LH fan...)

SOrry to hear of the minor set back, but I'm sure you'll both bounce back and best wishes and thoughts are with you both.

PS: Had issue with parents on number and timing of tablets and foudn these ... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d..._promot_widget .... very helpfull. Saves tablets lying aroudn reminding them of what's ahead. Sunday night we'd fill the weeks worth, made it less of a chore and easy to track if taken.

Damned flu!
    I hope she gets well soon. And I'm sure she will, after she recovered from so much more complicated stuff.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

And now a word from our sponsor

Hi, yes it’s me, Terry. I’m still here on good old planet earth.

Going through a bad patch at the moment, but still appreciating everything I have here at home, including my longsuffering hubby. Thanks for standing by him while I was out of it and helping him stay sane for me until I got home. Although, I’m not always convinced of his sanity.

Life is so much richer now than before. The little things have become very precious such as sitting in my chair in the lounge, looking out into the garden, seeing the flowers and trees, watching the birds and watching out for hubby’s car when it’s time for him to come home from work. I wish he didn’t have to go at all. Even being woken up at 3am and dragged outside to see the snow falling was very special. Life is a lot more tranquil.

One of the most important lessons I’ve learned through all of this, when the day-to-day things don’t go right or aren’t exactly as I wish them to be, is to say “So what!?” and really mean it. I can recommend this to everyone.

I’ve read the thread and I thank you all so much for being there for us.

Best wishes to all.
    Terry
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Thanks for providing us with such a refreshing perspective. We definetely take things for granted and stop few times along the way to enjoy the view in such a fast paced life. I for one needed it, big time. God bless you for that.

The best to you and Doug.
    Zag when they Zig

Great to have you well enough to be reading and living life almost normally again

Terry,
    Its great that your feeling better and Doug is a very special man, as you also are very special. Adversity certainly changes your perpective on life and helps you appreciate the little things and the things that actually matter.

Im going to print out your quote and place it on my computer to remind me what actually counts in this world.

Cheers
    John
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

You are both very special people and I wish you all the best. Life should not be taken for granted and I have the utmost respect for your husband who has taken his marriage vows so seriously. My aunt battled MS for over 30 years and her husband stood by her side to the very end and our family will always be gratful for that. God bless both of you and best of luck.

Terry says: "If even one person learns the lesson that I almost died to learn, then I'm happy."
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Dread View Post
    Terry says: "If even one person learns the lesson that I almost died to learn, then I'm happy."
    I'm in love
    Terry, you are an amazing and lovely woman. Clearly deserving of Doug.
    I'm very pleased for both of you and for showing what love for our partner and fellow man/woman actually means.
    PS: If Doug's hassling you at any time, point out to him that you can always leave him and come stay with me That'll keep him in line :!
    xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    I'm in love
    Terry, you are an amazing and lovely woman. Clearly deserving of Doug.
    I'm very pleased for both of you and for showing what love for our partner and fellow man/woman actually means.
    PS: If Doug's hassling you at any time, point out to him that you can always leave him and come stay with me That'll keep him in line :!
    xxx
    Now you've done it! I can't possibly show Terry this thread again now!
    Doug

Thread Information